• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 CP Interview Experiences

our family had interview on 21st November. sorry for not writing earlier. the trip to turkey(where our interview was done) and back is almost three days lol. our case is now under administrative processing. just a little question is that:
the officer said "we will check this friend of yours who got you the job offer" why do they need to check our family friend?:confused:

Hi,

I have some questions. Mu CN is 2008EUxx15xxx and I have not received the 2nd NL yet. What I am interested is:

When should I approximately expect the 2nd NL and the interview?
what are deportation papers? and
about the police/court and prison records: how close should be the issue date of those documents to the date of the interview? Should I obtain those documents now, or is it too early?

Could anyone please help me with these questions?

Thanks in advance for the answer

On the form DS-230 Part II, question 33a asked "Have you ever applied for a SSN?" and " Do you want SS Administration to send you a card?". I put "No" for both questions couse I am not in USA I do not have SSN and a SS Card, On december 6, 2007 and I have to fill again the DS 230 Forms , So what shoul I doo?
thanks

hello TEOTH;

I have a question from you; did you have such an interview ( like asd22 ) in turkey? i nean did the embassy's stuff ask questions regarding job, marriage, asking photos,...? please answer me. I have chosen Ankara for interview and before thread astonished me!! although there is anything to worry me, but asking those questions are not normal.
thanks ,pegah
our family had interview on 21st November. sorry for not writing earlier. the trip to turkey(where our interview was done) and back is almost three days lol. our case is now under administrative processing. just a little question is that:
the officer said "we will check this friend of yours who got you the job offer" why do they need to check our family friend?:confused:

hello TEOTH;

I have a question from you; did you have such an interview ( like asd22 ) in turkey? i nean did the embassy's stuff ask questions regarding job, marriage, asking photos,...? please answer me. I have chosen Ankara for interview and before thread astonished me!! although there is anything to worry me, but asking those questions are not normal.
thanks ,pegah

Why do you think that I had my interview (in Turkey):confused:.
I am still waithing for it.

@nalbani: You should answer the second question with "yes". You need to have a SSN once you're in the US and therefore they should send you one (to your address in the US, once you have emigrated).
@asd22: The previous message by pegah was directed at Teoth, not at you.

hello TEOTH;

thanks ,pegah

we did CP in Turkey(originally from Iran we are but we had to travel to Ankara...) yes first we were called to the cashier. she got the money, told us to fill a section in forms we'd left empty, aaaand she asked for dad's diploma. she had a look at the diploma and left, then came back with another lady who asked questions about it. happily my english skills saved us from being told "this is not a true diploma" *not bragging :p * anyway my explanaition was satisfactory and she left. soon after we were called for interview and yes the officer asked about marriage, work, studies, and our plans for future but he didn't go into details. just asked about general things. oh btw he spoke Farsi but you should focus to understand;)
hope that helps...
if you have other questions you can't ask here, you can PM me.:)

hi TEOTH,

Thanks alot for your explanation. I wonder why they didn't accept your dad's diploma first? may it happen to us too as iranian? did they want I-134 from you even if you had job offer? and also should our work experience match to our study's field or not? ( i mean: supposing i had bachelor degree in science but working in the art's field, do they accept it or not?
again thanks and i will pray for your success,
pegah
we did CP in Turkey(originally from Iran we are but we had to travel to Ankara...) yes first we were called to the cashier. she got the money, told us to fill a section in forms we'd left empty, aaaand she asked for dad's diploma. she had a look at the diploma and left, then came back with another lady who asked questions about it. happily my english skills saved us from being told "this is not a true diploma" *not bragging :p * anyway my explanaition was satisfactory and she left. soon after we were called for interview and yes the officer asked about marriage, work, studies, and our plans for future but he didn't go into details. just asked about general things. oh btw he spoke Farsi but you should focus to understand;)
hope that helps...
if you have other questions you can't ask here, you can PM me.:)

Teoth
Congratulations, dont worry, background check will be over and you will begranted visa.

hi TEOTH,

Thanks alot for your explanation. I wonder why they didn't accept your dad's diploma first? may it happen to us too as iranian? did they want I-134 from you even if you had job offer? and also should our work experience match to our study's field or not? ( i mean: supposing i had bachelor degree in science but working in the art's field, do they accept it or not?
again thanks and i will pray for your success,
pegah

hi Pegah
they argued first because my dad did not have 'pre-uni' certificate. but then they accepted the explanaition i gave. this is what i told them : "dad finished highschool years ago. back then our country did not have pre-uni system. this diploma represents 12 years of studying" she asked if he'd been to uni. i said yes. that was it.
no the officer didn't ask for I-134. the job offer apparently satisfied him. he just asked about dad's work plans once he arrived in the U.S(the moral point here is :Job offers from iranians DO get accepted. it just has to offer salary above the povert line)anyway i dunno if they accept job offers that are not related to your major but i think you should be able to show you CAN handle the job.
you're welcome and thanks for the prayers;)

Teoth
Congratulations, dont worry, background check will be over and you will begranted visa.

thank you dragoman:) the waiting is difficult but god willing everyone here will recieve their visa.
can i ask a question though? do you think it is normal that our friend is the subject of background check, not the applicants who happen to be our family?

thank 2u all , wish all the best for those whom still waitting the interview like i do,

i have a question here.. befor i was married to american woman. i modified my statues in the forms already.. but.. will they require the original divoce document? because i've sent the only original one to my divorcee in the States.. so. do a copy work with them?

2008AF00013XXX
Place of Residence: Egypt
NL received : April 9th 2007
Forms Sent Back to KCC:june10th 2007
waitting for second letter
----------------------------

Yes it is one of the usual process, but not for everyone. It seems your friends are also Iranian..

thank you dragoman:) the waiting is difficult but god willing everyone here will recieve their visa.
can i ask a question though? do you think it is normal that our friend is the subject of background check, not the applicants who happen to be our family?

Yes it is one of the usual process, but not for everyone. It seems your friends are also Iranian..

thank you:) i'm happy it's at least normal.
yeah she's iranian...she's in US on job visa( dunno the name of that particualr kinda visa) but now she's intending to study in U.S as well as working. i hope that doesn't cause any problem...
i hope your missing document gets sorted soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Teoth
I dont see any problem if she is legal and has been working with a legal status. Your are lucky because you have enough time your process to be finished. Keep checking your admin process status on Ankara website.

BTW, finally I am going to receive soon missing police certificate. Bureaucracy is one of the problem that we are sufferring from.

Good luck..

Last edited by a moderator:
hi teoth,

thanks alot,I wish you to be successful.
good luck,
pegah
hi Pegah
they argued first because my dad did not have 'pre-uni' certificate. but then they accepted the explanaition i gave. this is what i told them : "dad finished highschool years ago. back then our country did not have pre-uni system. this diploma represents 12 years of studying" she asked if he'd been to uni. i said yes. that was it.
no the officer didn't ask for I-134. the job offer apparently satisfied him. he just asked about dad's work plans once he arrived in the U.S(the moral point here is :Job offers from iranians DO get accepted. it just has to offer salary above the povert line)anyway i dunno if they accept job offers that are not related to your major but i think you should be able to show you CAN handle the job.
you're welcome and thanks for the prayers;)

Hi teoth,
I wanted to know if your father had been to the university, so why didnt you show the university degree instead of high school diploma? or maybe they wanted to see the high school diploma too? because my high school diploma is also for the old system that didnt have the pre-uni certificate and you know that my diploma is also for 12 years of studying and also I have bachelors degree, so now do you think I can have any problems at the embassy?
and about the job offer, I had heard they didnt accept anything from Iranians except affidavit of support, so its good that they have accepted the job offer! Good luck!

Dear Teoth
I dont see any problem if she is legal and has been working with a legal status. Your are lucky because you have enough time your process to be finished. Keep checking your admin process status on Ankara website.

BTW, finally I am going to receive soon missing police certificate. Bureaucracy is one of the problem that we are sufferring from.

Good luck..

mmm...yeah she's been working in legal status. thanks for your guidance.

i'm having my fingers crossed for you dragoman. i'm happy you soon will recieve the certificate.

Hi teoth,
I wanted to know if your father had been to the university, so why didnt you show the university degree instead of high school diploma? or maybe they wanted to see the high school diploma too? because my high school diploma is also for the old system that didnt have the pre-uni certificate and you know that my diploma is also for 12 years of studying and also I have bachelors degree, so now do you think I can have any problems at the embassy?
and about the job offer, I had heard they didnt accept anything from Iranians except affidavit of support, so its good that they have accepted the job offer! Good luck!

hello iranian girl
he did attend uni but recieved no diploma. he left uni before the course finished.
based on my experience, since you HAVE completed 12 years of studying in high school, the diploma will be enough unless you're using a job offer that requires your uni diploma.
still you might wanna take your university certificate along with you in case they need a proof that you have been to uni. but on the whole i don't see any problem;)

thanx guys. i thought i could find an answers fo my questions here. but seems its not working..

2008AF00013XXX
Place of Residence: Egypt
NL received : April 9th 2007
Forms Sent Back to KCC:june10th 2007
waitting for second letter----------------------------