• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 CP Interview Experiences

dragoman

Registered Users (C)
As you know tomorrow start first interviews of DV 2008 program. If you want to share with other winners or the users of this forum, please write your CP experiences in this thread that could be easy to find them for the winners who will have a interview at a later date.

Good luck to everyone..!

PS. Please mention in your posting also :
# CP country
## your nationality
### your profession
#### Consular officer's consideration if you had done any mistakes on
the original entry, forms (such as name, spelling and numbers mistake)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is goos idea

well I am waitting also interview appointment, I will do my best to share experiences.

CP Country:2008EU000005XX (Kosovo former Yugoslavia)
Albanian
Police Officer
not yet
NL May 10,2007
returnes June 06, 2007
confirmed by email in july
waitting for second letter

One of my friend had schedule for the interview in the Dhaka US Embassy today. He was asked about his cureent residence and nothing else. The consular has given him a token and asked him to collect his visa tomorrow evening. He is the first person in Bangladesh who received the visa for 2008.

One of my friend had schedule for the interview in the Dhaka US Embassy today. He was asked about his cureent residence and nothing else. The consular has given him a token and asked him to collect his visa tomorrow evening. He is the first person in Bangladesh who received the visa for 2008.

What a lucky person !
Cong & bravo.

wow congrats to them. :D
doesn't Bangladesh need back ground check?

Dv2008 Interview

Silly question. Do all family members need to go for an interview or only the winning person? Just received the letter and it does not say that ...
EU00007xxx

On the 2nd letter somewhere should be written that all applicant family members must be at the interview together with the petitioner (winner) .

Silly question. Do all family members need to go for an interview or only the winning person? Just received the letter and it does not say that ...
EU00007xxx

On the 2nd letter somewhere should be written that all applicant family members must be at the interview together with the petitioner (winner) .

Thank you dragoman. The letter does list family members, but it does not say they must come with me for the interview.

Funny thing. I have been living in Switzerland for the last 7 years, received Canadian PR in 2007 and now have won DV2008. Do not know what to do :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
ja dumaju chto kanada lucshe :) ..eto sutka, ja ne znaju tozhe kak sdelat'..

Yes it is very hard to decide, but it depends on what you are expecting for in the US and Canada..Uspexa..

Thank you dragoman. The letter does lists family members, but it does not say they must come with me for the interview.

Read that letter again. It says clearly that all members of the family should be present at the interview with all documents

Read that letter again. It says clearly that all members of the family should be present at the interview with all documents

Quoting the letter:

Ref: Your immigrant visa appointment on [date]

Dear [name]:

The enclosed information is about how to obtain required civil documents from [country] if you have not done so already

Please read and follow all of the enclosed instructions very carefully. Your case number is filed under your name as shown below. When communicating with this office either by telephone or letter, you must provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter. If they are wrong or incomplete, please inform us.

Sincireley, ...

Case number: xxxxx
Name: xxxxx

Traveling applicants:

(P) name, birth date
(S) name, birth date
(C) name, birth date

Enclosed are 2 pages of instructions how to obtain required documents for my country: birth , marriage certificates, police, military records, etc. . That's it...

@ Valaboro: When will your interview be? Mine is on October 11th in Bern. It says on my letter: "All members of the applicant's family, listed on the attached page, must appear at the U.S. Embass/Consulate for the appointment..."

Mine is November 14 in Bern. It does not say that all family members must come. That's why I am asking.

It is kinda weird that you got a different letter than I did (I don't find the statement that you quoted on my letter and it seems that you can't find my quote on yours). You could always call them to make sure but I'm pretty sure that all family members have to be there (from reading other experiences). Does it say anything about whether you need to bring new photographs? On mine it just says that I need to bring the correct number and format of photographs, but it never says how many (or any at all). And does it say anything about bringing stamps?

It is kinda weird that you got a different letter than I did (I don't find the statement that you quoted on my letter and it seems that you can't find my quote on yours). You could always call them to make sure but I'm pretty sure that all family members have to be there (from reading other experiences). Does it say anything about whether you need to bring new photographs? On mine it just says that I need to bring the correct number and format of photographs, but it never says how many (or any at all). And does it say anything about bringing stamps?

Igmu why don't we make it short; Bring your entire family and documents.
Any other administrative items like stamps etc. can be obtained from almost any US embassy in the world talkless of an embassy in Bern. Good Luck!

Yesterday on 1st October, 2 applicants had a interview in Ankara, Turkey. They were asked to find a sponsor and bring the I-134 affidavit of support..

Yesterday on 1st October, 2 applicants had a interview in Ankara, Turkey. They were asked to find a sponsor and bring the I-134 affidavit of support..

Do you know wheather they had bank statements for their own fonds( ammount of money according to poverty guedlines)?

As far as I understand they made a mistake, one of them is MBA student and he took money from his mother and put on his own account short time before interview. He has no work experience etc. It is very obvious why affidavit of support required from him..