• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 CP Interview Experiences

thx for the reply,

because I also tought that it is not acceptable to show bank statetments with money from perents, or friends. Now seems, I am sure would not be acceptable such thing.

Travel Document Representation

If anyone knows about how to represent travel history to embassy and its conditions, requirements tell us to know.
-Is it necessary to provide a brief history of travels you have made so far or just a copy of passport?
-Is it necessary to attach your travel history since you had been in parents passport?

Yesterday on 1st October, 2 applicants had a interview in Ankara, Turkey. They were asked to find a sponsor and bring the I-134 affidavit of support..

is there any detail about the other one (not the MBA student)?
i really hope Ankara embassy hasn't changed policy:rolleyes:

The other one was also student..

Don't worry, they did not change anything.

Yesterday the other winner received her visa. She is a teacher, her english is poor ..She submitted all diplomas, certificates and job experience. She was not asked affidavit of support. She was asked several questions like :

- Where did you stay when you were in th US last year? Who were these people you stayed with?

- What are you going to do when you will go the US?

That's all..

It says on my letter: "All members of the applicant's family, listed on the attached page, must appear at the U.S. Embass/Consulate for the appointment..."

Received one more package this time from Sweden, which says exactly that and has much more pages with instructions for a medical examination. Thanks for help.

Received one more package this time from Sweden, which says exactly that and has much more pages with instructions for a medical examination. Thanks for help.

Valaboro please use "User CP" on top left of your browser to create a signature. May I know your country of residence?

Dear Dragoman

Thanks for great thought of having this page
;)
It is being so useful for all of us ..
I have my interview on dec .
I will share w/you all details ..

Good luck everybody .

Dear Boheme
Do it what you said, because this thread will be useful also for the applicants of the following DV programs (if it wont be cancelled).

thank you Dragoman for all the info. i hope interviews for all of us will be easy and trouble-free.

As you know tomorrow start first interviews of DV 2008 program. If you want to share with other winners or the users of this forum, please write your CP experiences in this thread that could be easy to find them for the winners who will have a interview at a later date.

Good luck to everyone..!
Dragoman, best wishes to you for a successful interview tomorrow.

almost successful..

Today we had our interview: Location: South East Asia

Our interview was scheduled at 7:00 morning. We arrived at 6:45. The employee at the gate checked our names on the list and we were allowed to pass through the gate without waiting in queue like non-immigrant visa applicants. We gave our cell phones to the security and entered to the site. There were totally about 7-8 usual and DV immigration cases. Exactly at 7:00 they started to accept applicants for submission the documents. I submitted our documents at 7:40. Local officer checked one by one, all documents, medical certificates etc and returned x-rays to us. After that we were requested to take a seat and wait. She did not give us any number and did not ask to pay the fees. We waited until 9:00, at the end she called my name and asked my wife to fill the sworn statement once again and send me to pay the fees. I paid the fees and gave the receipts to her. She told me that we will be called to be interviewed by the consular officer.

Around 10:00 they called our family name. We came to the window where a nice and very kind lady was working. She took our fingerprints first, and then we raised our hands, swear, and signed the forms DS 230 part II.

She asked 2 questions:

1) How long we have been in this country?

2) Where will we go in the US?

That’s all..!

After that we talked about Russian police certificate that I did not obtain yet. She was very helpful, she proposed some options to get the document that proofs I have no criminal record in Russia. She gave me the form on which clearly stated I need to provide them ‘police certificate from Russia’ and added I can bring it anytime with the passports and we will be granted visa. I hope I could obtain the certificate soon...

By the way, when I received the 1st NL I have noticed that during original entry I have interchanged my first and middle names. At that time I asked here several questions how to correct it. As I was advised here by the users like ‘gr8ideaman’ (special thanks to him) and later by KCC I filled the forms with the names as they appear on my passport. Consular officer did not ask anything about this mistake, on the form that I was given shown my correct name.

I hope my experience is helpful for the winners who will have an interview at later date.

Great thanks to all here for sharing information on this forum...

Good luck to everyone..

Last edited by a moderator:
Can U Start A Thread For Bangladeshi Living In Bangladesh And Got Dv-2008?

One of my friend had schedule for the interview in the Dhaka US Embassy today. He was asked about his cureent residence and nothing else. The consular has given him a token and asked him to collect his visa tomorrow evening. He is the first person in Bangladesh who received the visa for 2008.

SIR,
Can u ask all dv-2008 winner to submit there query in a seperate thread which will solve problems for Bangladeshi 2008 winners? pls help with my following problems-
1. Do principal applicant and her family members need police certificate for each one? How to get the certificate?
2. How can we manage Vaccination certificate in Dhaka?
My children got our national scheduled vaccines, given HEP-B vaccine at home, we did not gave Td, MMR, Varicella vaccine.
3.My cildren r with my passport now, How can I get new passport for them?
Pls write in details if any Bangladeshi living in Dhaka and knows the answers.

dragoman congrats for the accomplishment so far. hopefully you will be able to get the russian police certificate as well. all the best for you.

Congratulations Dragoman, I hope you are able to get the poilce certificate soon.

I just logged into the forum thinking "Dragoman has his interview today, I hope it goes well for him", suddenly I see your post that you already had your interview. It is now 8:00am where I am but I guess the day is well progressed where you are :)

islandgirl
thanks..here where I am the date is 5th October :) time is 20:00..
I have never had an interview before in my entire life, it was the first interview, that's why I was a little bit nervous, but consular officers are really kindly approaching to the applicants.
I wish you will have a good interview too..Good luck..

Thanks for the good wishes.

So that was your first interview ever??? Wow! What about job interview, ever had one? Or are you still a student? Anyway, congratulations then on having a successful "first time ever" interview :D