• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 CP Interview Experiences

Thanks to Baba Aladura, TEOTH, islandgirl, and those people who spent their own time helping others. It won't be easy to go through all this without this forum and other people's inputs. That's why I am thankful to everyone and good luck.

my husband won the DV 2008 lottery,his case number is high.is there a chance that we will be called for an interview before september 2008.

CN 2008AF00023XXX
17/6/07 Received NL
09/7/07 Return to KCC
Still awaiting 2nd package

my husband won the DV 2008 lottery,his case number is high.is there a chance that we will be called for an interview before september 2008.

CN 2008AF00023XXX
17/6/07 Received NL
09/7/07 Return to KCC
Still awaiting 2nd package

Ademi I'm sorry to say this but what has your question got to do with "Interview Experiences"?
Your question is not unimportant but the answer may never be recovered by others looking for info because its in a wrong thread.

Hi
I just got the a email from KCC that my (wife's) interview is december 6, 2007

2008EU000005xx
NL recieved :May 10, 2007
send back: June 6, 2007
email notification for second letter december , 6 2007

congrats Nalbania..2 months delay because you were late to send the forms back to KCC..Good luck at interview..!

Thanks

congrats Nalbania..2 months delay because you were late to send the forms back to KCC..Good luck at interview..!

Hi
I Thank you for your couragment gaving to me, I need some advice from all of you, Dragoman, have you finished your inbterview?, if yes please contact me through my emai nallbani88@yahoo.com or in this forum

regards

Hi Dragoman,

Most Turkish applicants have been asked to provide Sponsor papers. What is your opinion about it? Some people say in other countries this is not a problem. Applicants get their visa eayzly.

Dear erd

I don't think US Consular Offices in the other countries have a different attitude. If the consular officer will be convinced that the applicant will survive without being a public charge and easily get a job in the US then I-134 will not be required. In most of cases that sponsor has been required, applicants submitted job offers which are not eligible to be used as an affidavit of support. Besides, we don't have exact information on the cases, applicants' current jobs, their education and job experiences, family members and their influence on the cases. Seems that they ask for I-134 if they want to reject the application .

I-134 is not a end of the world, there is a enough time for the applicants who are having their interviews early to obtain it. Good luck..

Hi Dragoman,

Most Turkish applicants have been asked to provide Sponsor papers. What is your opinion about it? Some people say in other countries this is not a problem. Applicants get their visa eayzly.

Last edited by a moderator:
caribbean CP

I wanted to include islandgirl's interview here..Congratulations again. Please do not forget to write about your CP experiences here that others could easily find them in the future.

My husband (the principal applicant) and I just completed our interview about two hours ago.

Our appointment was for today November 1st at 7:30am. We arrived at the embassy at about 7:10 and met a long line. The embassy guard was announcing to the crowd that they no longer keep cell phones and you have to leave them in your car or deposit them at a photo studio around the corner, the studio charges $12.00TT to keep the phones. Can you imagine that? Anything to make a dollar.

We approached the guard and told him we had an appointment for 7:30 and he allowed us into the embassy (along with other folks who also had 7:30 appointments, most of whom were for visitor visas and some immigrant visas). Upon entering we gave the letter from the second package to the receptionist and we were given a sheet indicating the order to arrange our documents and told to take a seat.

The interview room is separate from the waiting area so we could not see or hear what was going on in that room (except for window 1, which we could see through the door from the seating area). We were called to window 3 at some minutes after 9:00am and there handed over the required documents. Apart from our sponsors documents, we also handed over our bank statements, deed, etc. but the lady gave them back and said they were not necessary. She checked through the documents and verified the dates of our previous travels to the US. We were then told to pay at the cashier (the entire US$1,510.00) and then wash our hands and return for finger printing, which we did. After this, she told us to take a seat and wait to be called by a visa officer.

We were called to window 4 at about 10:45am. The officer was very friendly, he greeted us, asked our names and then asked us to swear that the info on the forms submitted for the application were true. We did that then he verified our finger prints (one index finger only). He proceded to ask my husband the following questions (I was not asked to take a seat, we were both at the window the entire time)

Q. Do you have any evidence of your qualifications in the area of computer systems engineering? (the lady at window three only asked for the high school evidence)
A. Yes (handed over his qualifications)
Q. What do you do at work?
A. Blah, blah, blah
Q. What is the difference between Microsoft and Macintosh platform in terms of networking (this based on the answer to the previous question)
A. Blah, blah, blah
Q. Does MAC have a new version coming out soon? Will that be easier to configure?
A. Blah, blah, blah
Q. Do you have evidence of your ability to support yourselves? Your own funds?
A. Yes (handed over some statements, he took a couple and said he did not need to see all)
Q. Do you plan on staying with relatives?
A. Initially, but after a short while we plan on being on our own
Q. What state you plan to stay in?
A. Blah
Questions to me
Q. Do you work?
A. Yes
Q. What do you do?
A. I am a___ with a ____ company
Q. And how long have you been doing that?
A. X years
Q. When do you guys plan on travelling?
A. Jan/Feb

Officer: Please review these forms (the ones returned to KCC) and sign if the information is correct.

Officer: Okay, I will have to canel your current visa because you can't have two visas in your passport (said this with a smile). He then cancelled the old visas and gave us a letter with info on when to return to collect the new visas. He then said said 'congratulations' with a big smile.

The interview itself was very easy and the officer made us feel quite at ease. The hardest part was the waiting, we were nervous at times, especially when we saw a couple persons coming out of the interview room looking dejected (not sure if they were for DV or other forms of immgrant visas). At one point medics came and carried away a young girl (in her twenties) who collapsed and seemed to be having difficulty breathing. She was waiting on the side for visitors visas.

I have to thank God for all his mercies toward us. Special thanks also to all the folks on this forum who continue to provide such valuable info and advice to everyone, it makes a world of difference in helping one to prepare.

Daer toughtcase,

First I would like to say that I am sorry about inconvinience that you have with SSN card and GC card, I hope in near future you will resolve all this things. I have one question about SSN card and GC card. From your signature I can see that you have received them very quick. You apply for SSN at POE or SSN office the next day after arriving USA. Please could you explain the things, hope it will be helpful for other people.
Thx

Daer toughtcase,

First I would like to say that I am sorry about inconvinience that you have with SSN card and GC card, I hope in near future you will resolve all this things. I have one question about SSN card and GC card. From your signature I can see that you have received them very quick. You apply for SSN at POE or SSN office the next day after arriving USA. Please could you explain the things, hope it will be helpful for other people.
Thx

On the form DS-230 Part II, question 33a asked "Have you ever applied for a SSN?" and " DO you want SS Administration to send you a card?". I put "Yes" for both questions since I do have a SSN and a SS Card, but there was a stamp on the old card said that "I cannot work without authorization from INS", new card I received with wrong first name did not have that stamp.

To answer your question, "Yes", I believe we applied (although we did not do any additional paper work for "applying" SS Card) at POE. We did not go to SSN Office next day after arrived US.

is there any detail about the other one (not the MBA student)?
i really hope Ankara embassy hasn't changed policy:rolleyes:

I am 2008 dv winner. (2008EU00011xxx).
I am already in US working with H1 and I will be applying through CP.
Do I still need to submit I-134 and/or bank statements?
Does anybody know?
thanks,

another interview experience

First of all I will like to thank almighty Allah for making things working out fine for me, Modest and co may we continue give thanks to god in this house, I will like to post my experience at the embassy .i got to embassy around 6 o clock. We were asked to line up around 7am .i later got into the embassy paid the money to the cashier. I was given a slip dv 49, I happen to be the last for that day and I witnessed many interview on that day I was called for interview around 3pm, this pretty young lady in window 12 denied many dv winners due to one reason to another. A girl was refused due to mistake in DOB.another girl who presented hair dressing certificate was denied too. she called my number and this is our conversations.
Lady =ur full name, DOB, place of birth
Me= bla bla bla
Lady =and ur wife……………..
Me= blab la bla
Lady=tell me what you understand about commerce
Me= blab la bla
Lady=what is balance of trade
Lady=what is import
Lady=what is Economics
Lady=what is opportunity cost
Lady=demand and supply
lady= what is government
Lady=arms of government
Lady=Tell me about logarithm in math’s
Lady= what do we use to solve logarithm in math’s
She was surprise that I answered every of her questions. By this time she started smiling:)
Lady= when did you married
Me=02=02=………
Lady=can I see some of ur wedding pictures?
Me= I gave it to her is about 32pics
She then call on my wife,
Lady=why do ur marry him?
My wife=cause i love him so much
Lady=how many children do you intend to have?
My wife=3
Lady=ah ah ah ah ah :D
By then I know god has done it, she then gave us pick up slip and she said welcome to America.my advice is that good things require fasting and prayer with courage plus faith.just be bold and God will see y,all thru Amen;)

I am 2008 dv winner. (2008EU00011xxx).
I am already in US working with H1 and I will be applying through CP.
Do I still need to submit I-134 and/or bank statements?
Does anybody know?
thanks,

I'm in a similar situation to you. Interview next week. I'm only going to submit bank and brokerage statements.