• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 CP Interview Experiences

Just 3 weeks ago I obtained Russian police certificate. Because of my kids' school ends at the end of June I decided to submit the certificate in the middle of January 2008. Best regards..

Ps. By the way, obtaining Russian police certificate takes 1 month after submitting application. It is not difficult to obtain indeed. The problem was I did not know before where to apply. One of the consultant company in Moscow provided me wrong information. Finally I called to US embassy in Moscow, they helped me. Someone might need it in the future: Russian police certificates are issued by Main Information Center of Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs, phone: + 7 095 495 332 30 58 Glavnij Informatsinonnij Center MVD.

Hi Dragonman
i am just being curious here.
why have u not yet submitted ur missing police certificate? U seem not in a hurry to get finished with your DV visa issuance.
Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Michaels: Did you even read the lottery instructions before applying?? It clearly says that you can qualify EITHER by education (at least a high school diploma or an equivalent) OR work experience. There is no minimum age.
You have only applied for the lottery but you haven't won yet. It's way to early about worrying about what will most likely never happen. But feel free to read through this forum and you will found a lot of information.

No there's a misunderstanding, I have read the instructions etc... I know that I meet the requirements, but I just want to know whether younger participants have lower priority

Today I submitted to US consulate missing police certificate along with our passports. I was told that they will request DOS visa number to be allocated for us and it would take 1-2 day. Officer added they will call me to pick up the passports with visas..Good luck to everyone..!

Thanks Angelos..But the hard times will knock the door, because i know it is not easy to be an immigrant, but being immigrant is better than filling yourself as an immigrant ..

You can contact KCC by email or phone once your number is current in the advanced notification of the visa bulletin. Just ask them whether they have already scheduled an interview for you. They will answer after a few days. Do not contact them before your number is current in the advanced notification.

You can contact KCC by email or phone once your number is current in the advanced notification of the visa bulletin. Just ask them whether they have already scheduled an interview for you. They will answer after a few days. Do not contact them before your number is current in the advanced notification.

But in the first NL they say: please do not call us to check when your case will be scheduled. So I do not understand. Did any of you call them or sent an e-mail asking for interview date?

once again: once your number is listed in the advanced notification, you can contact them either by email or call. Sometimes the 2nd Package comes really late and you don't have to enough time to prepare for the interview.