• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 CP Interview Experiences

Thank you so much for answering my questions.

About the address, as I was reading through the boards, everyone seemed to have a US address right after arrival. I thought this couldn't be and that mostly people were giving their hotel or temporary stay address.

I have no idea what address I should give them in the US.

It's a good idea but they all require two forms of ID and it sounds like they mean US IDs.

I confess I was also curious about how everyone else is doing this.
So most give a family or friend's address?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congurulatıon dear drago wish u best in LA .. biji serok Obama :D zuhahaha
Tazmanıa i think u entered from jfk how many day after u get ur green card.. For ssn apply ıf we go to uscıs can we apply from offıce agaın for ssn ? Some one says they dont accept us wıthout appoıntment ?

Dragoman usually which names are usually cehıng for administrative process any one see any list for this ...

You see from my timeline that the plastic not arrived yet.

USCIS has not to do anything with your SSN. Check ssa.gov for the nearest Social Security Office.

tamanıa

USCIS has not to do anything with your SSN. Check ssa.gov for the nearest Social Security Office.

I dont know any about which dep is for ssn thanks its ssa :d but ur poe is 31 mar and ssn is come to u june 13 its too late so o advise me goıng to ssa ın fırst week or waıt untıl they send me a letter

Thanks

Tazmania, do you know, once one enters the US, is it possible to travel abroad prior to receiving the GC in the mail?

Tazmania, do you know, once one enters the US, is it possible to travel abroad prior to receiving the GC in the mail?
Sure, the temporary GC in your passport is valid for 1 year after you entered the US.

That's great news. Thank you.

So you can travel in and out of the US with that stamp in your passport? It serves as a GC until you get the resident card in the mail?

Tazmania may you look to my meassage 224 plaese what u offer . for new york jfk my friends home is in ny and need start work immedeatly green kart and ssn kart i need get as quick as much i can thats why i m askıng what to do.

Shortly:D when we acıvated waıt at home for ssn or goınto nearest ssz and do some manuel and same for grren kart..

thank you already

Successful interview in Seoul

My wife and I had our interview in Seoul on 1 July. After a 3 hour wait while mostly family based cases were interviewed, with interviews going on for about 15 minutes each, we got called up to the window. The interview lasted for only 1 minute! After a few basic questions, the officer stated the documents were in order and then explained the procedure to follow at the POE.

That was it - we were stunned that it was so simple after all the preparation! No questions were asked about the spelling of our family name being slightly different on my birth certificate and previous passport (on which the original online entry was based). Also, no financial documents or affidavit of support was asked for. We had called the embassy the week before and they said we didn't need anything other than educational certificates, but we had brought a bunch of financial statements just in case.

Thanks to all the contributers on this forum we were well prepared and this resulted in an exceptionally smooth CP experience!

CONGRATS elaichi

My wife and I had our interview in Seoul on 1 July. After a 3 hour wait while mostly family based cases were interviewed, with interviews going on for about 15 minutes each, we got called up to the window. The interview lasted for only 1 minute! After a few basic questions, the officer stated the documents were in order and then explained the procedure to follow at the POE.

That was it - we were stunned that it was so simple after all the preparation! No questions were asked about the spelling of our family name being slightly different on my birth certificate and previous passport (on which the original online entry was based). Also, no financial documents or affidavit of support was asked for. We had called the embassy the week before and they said we didn't need anything other than educational certificates, but we had brought a bunch of financial statements just in case.

Thanks to all the contributers on this forum we were well prepared and this resulted in an exceptionally smooth CP experience!

what a luck i hope we ll see the same:) but i ll be interviewed in ankara and case only 3xx ankara cp is not that much soft and i dunno why the first cases are unlucky ... many of 2008 fırst half of october ınterviewer are send back to home via I-134 :S:S

any comment about this..

what a luck i hope we ll see the same:) but i ll be interviewed in ankara and case only 3xx ankara cp is not that much soft and i dunno why the first cases are unlucky ... many of 2008 fırst half of october ınterviewer are send back to home via I-134 :S:S

any comment about this..

Different embassies seem to have different policies regarding the financial requirements. I'm not sure why it is like this. However, I know that very few DV cases are handled in Seoul, only about 10 a month.

Good luck with your interview in Ankara in October!

Mustangy, just read your info re receipt of NL etc, I see that you are awaiting your 2nd NL letter so how do you know that your interview is in 1st week of October? Good luck anyway

Today we had our interview: Location: South East Asia

Our interview was scheduled at 7:00 morning. We arrived at 6:45. The employee at the gate checked our names on the list and we were allowed to pass through the gate without waiting in queue like non-immigrant visa applicants. We gave our cell phones to the security and entered to the site. There were totally about 7-8 usual and DV immigration cases. Exactly at 7:00 they started to accept applicants for submission the documents. I submitted our documents at 7:40. Local officer checked one by one, all documents, medical certificates etc and returned x-rays to us. After that we were requested to take a seat and wait. She did not give us any number and did not ask to pay the fees. We waited until 9:00, at the end she called my name and asked my wife to fill the sworn statement once again and send me to pay the fees. I paid the fees and gave the receipts to her. She told me that we will be called to be interviewed by the consular officer.

Around 10:00 they called our family name. We came to the window where a nice and very kind lady was working. She took our fingerprints first, and then we raised our hands, swear, and signed the forms DS 230 part II.

She asked 2 questions:

1) How long we have been in this country?

2) Where will we go in the US?

That’s all..!

After that we talked about Russian police certificate that I did not obtain yet. She was very helpful, she proposed some options to get the document that proofs I have no criminal record in Russia. She gave me the form on which clearly stated I need to provide them ‘police certificate from Russia’ and added I can bring it anytime with the passports and we will be granted visa. I hope I could obtain the certificate soon...

By the way, when I received the 1st NL I have noticed that during original entry I have interchanged my first and middle names. At that time I asked here several questions how to correct it. As I was advised here by the users like ‘gr8ideaman’ (special thanks to him) and later by KCC I filled the forms with the names as they appear on my passport. Consular officer did not ask anything about this mistake, on the form that I was given shown my correct name.

I hope my experience is helpful for the winners who will have an interview at later date.

Great thanks to all here for sharing information on this forum...

Good luck to everyone..

Congratulations.. I must have missed the forum where by you stated the mispelling of your name. Please explain to me what was the problem..

Congratulations.. I must have missed the forum where by you stated the mispelling of your name. Please explain to me what was the problem..

we dont have in our country first and middle name classification. When I received first NL i realised that I had interchanged first and middle names during DV online entry. [the names should be appeared as they appear on the passport].

So:

if my names: a=first b= second (middle) , I made an entry a=second (middle) [because I use this name) b=first. I asked the people for help on this forum in order to get their advise, besides I called KCC. I filled out the forms ds 230 and dsp 122 as KCC requested, with the names as they appear on my passport, so I corrected the mistake on the forms and sent them along with a letter explaining the mistake. In such cases KCC cannot change your original DV entry, they can just edit your file and include the mistake into your case file. At the end we obtained our visas without any problem and any additional question regarding this mistake.

Good luck..

Date of interview and why turkish emabssy want financial rewuirment firmly

Mustangy, just read your info re receipt of NL etc, I see that you are awaiting your 2nd NL letter so how do you know that your interview is in 1st week of October? Good luck anyway

claudjen case number is just xxx thats why the interview must be in october..

Elaichi...

"""Different embassies seem to have different policies regarding the financial requirements. I'm not sure why it is like this. However, I know that very few DV cases are handled in Seoul, only about 10 a month.

Good luck with your interview in Ankara in October!
__________________"""

Thanks for ur wishes elaichi i dunno why embassy require financial this much in turkey the reason is must be many of applicant has showed mınumum 10 000 usd cars home regısters etc. in turkey and now me and the people ın same psoition are really really thanksfull to those people who has interviewed and show this much financial evidencies.. :(

Actually as much as i can understand we have to show to interviewer with our english or work hıstory and certıfıcate that we wont be public charge and we will work in usa thats all.
But when many people has gone to embassy wıth many evıdence of fınancıal thats why i think when some can not show that much of money clerks directly give the green paper and wrıte down I-134 , 1040 and w2 :(
I hope our ınterview is will be softly as much yours. Thanks..