• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Talk to them

yebomi said:
I am so happy linking you guys the info is so helpful but my number is low 2007AF000011**
I should expect my CP very soon but myself and my wife has only Nigerian sponsors I hope the consulate will not refuse us please someone should brighten our dreams, although we have quite some relatives in the US but it never crossed our mind that they will need to be our sponsors and if they have to be what are the procedures?

Yebomi

Hi yebomi

Talk to them

yebomi said:
I am so happy linking you guys the info is so helpful but my number is low 2007AF000011**
I should expect my CP very soon but myself and my wife has only Nigerian sponsors I hope the consulate will not refuse us please someone should brighten our dreams, although we have quite some relatives in the US but it never crossed our mind that they will need to be our sponsors and if they have to be what are the procedures?

Hi Yebomi I will advise you to talk to your relatives about Affidavit of support in us please dont rely on people here remember I have always said that the consular will try to bring you dowm so I guess you should have recieved your letter now cause you have a low rank number.Call your relatives in US and talk to them

Hi Jerci

I called the KCC to confirm if they have changed my wife's status to married but they said no because they have not seen the mail I sent.I ned to resend it I was advised.

Take care all.

Tunde1001

Last edited by a moderator:
baba agba said:
hi jrcies, tunde and others, i have this issue:
on the forms i sent to kcc. i wrote my secondary school and the month and year i passed out. june 1995. but i want to use my gce instead, which is november 1995.what is ur advise on this? later .

Baba Agba you dont have any problem at all I go fight you ooo.
You dont have problem with KCC all you need to do is that when you are going hold the 2 result and if THEM say you no get 5 credits for one give am the one wey get 5 credits and if that one no reach add am to gether making sure that you have English and maths.
SEFINI

doubledroy said:
Everybody for the forum I greet una well well may God Almighty answer our prayer for this Visa lottery.

I dey enjoy all una questions and contributions.

I beg I want una contribution for this my problem,

I marry for 2004, sept 5 on sunday to be precise according to muslim right and dem give me marriage certificate which den write partly in arabic and english. I never go do registry own. Na this date (Sunday sept 5, 2004)I fill for the form i sent back to KCC.

The problem now be say, I do I defend it?
1. If I rush go registry now, dem no go fit put that Sunday date (as in back dating) for me as registry dont work on sunday

2. According to letter fromm KCC, if one present any document written in other language it must be accompany by its Eglish translation done by a registered translator. If I should present the Islamic marriage certificate, where do I do the translaton that will back it? and would embassy even recognise this religious certificate?

Please I need una candid response professors jrcies, tunde, baba agba, e.t.c.

Thank you.

Worried doubledroy

You must know that any form of marriage must be registered.
If you have not registered yours through the registery, I advise you to do so now that you still have the time.
Do have your "Nikah" certificate translated into English.
You can have it translated through any of the embassies. i.e Saudi Arabian Embassy, Egyptian Embassy etc.

There is no need for you trying to back date your marriage cartificate.
If you are asked by the consular why you have a different date on your form and your on registry Certificate,simply tell them you had used the date on your "Nikah" Certificate,that you went to the registery recently.

You should be fine with these...

I hope this helps.

Your Marrige

Well I quite agree with Jerci buit however it wil be good to note that you ought to have gone to registry before you have yur Nikiah.
I dont know how muslims do it but to me its just like doing engagement before going to registry we all know that registry must come first.Anyhow if you want to back date it and yu are sure that they wil do it for you tenm you can go ahead cos it will be good tyo tre them that you did your registry bfore Nikiah.
Go and ask your Leaders and let them enlighten you on which one should come first Nikiah or Regitry

Tunde1001

tunde1001 said:
Well I quite agree with Jerci buit however it wil be good to note that you ought to have gone to registry before you have yur Nikiah.
I dont know how muslims do it but to me its just like doing engagement before going to registry we all know that registry must come first.Anyhow if you want to back date it and yu are sure that they wil do it for you tenm you can go ahead cos it will be good tyo tre them that you did your registry bfore Nikiah.
Go and ask your Leaders and let them enlighten you on which one should come first Nikiah or Regitry

Tunde1001

Let not get ourselves confused here.It doesn't matter which one comes first,the important question should be,is the person doing the right thing?
I really dont see anything wrong in Doubleroyed doing Nikah before going to the registry.
Let assume from the start, his intension was only to do "Nikah" but because of the DV, he decided to register his marriage as stated in the DV's requirement.
It is just a matter of explanation, that is if been asked by the consular why the differences in dates.
There shouldn't be a problem at all.

I hope this helps

The Consular Center In V.i Lagos Is The Best Place To Go For The Latest Information About Your Questions And Dv Cases Relating To Dv Winners From Nigeria . Take A Bold Step Go There And Get Questions To Your Answers No Two Dv Winners Have Exactly Thesame Problem. Hence A General Answer Might Not Suit Your Case. What You Think Is A Big Problem Might Be A Small One And What You Ignore Might Knock You Out Of The Process. Though The Contributions From Others Are Good Enough But Bear In Mind That As I Said B4, No Two Dv2007 Winners Have The Same Problem And Hence The Answer To Thier Questions Must Be Different. I Was Told I Dont Need A Sponsor, I Dont Need To Have Job Here In Nigeria Cos Am A Fresh Graduate, And I Do Not Need To Have A Relative In The United States. All I Need Is Proof Of Mycompleted O Level University Result Statement, Transcript And The Application Fee. I Dont Have A Birth Certificate But I Was Told That My Age Declaration Which I Did Way Back In 1998 Was Good Enough For Me. So Guys Try To Get To The Consular Center Say B4 11.00am To Get Your Questions Answered Hey Guys Dont Go With Your Cell Phones. Hello To Jessica And All Dv Winners For Their Marvelous Contributions On This Great Portal.

2nd package for DV 2007

My people,

Please post a reply. Has any one received the cp package from KCC, My number is low AF0000011** , I am reluctant to call KCC because in the NL the instruction is dont call, from the Sept. diet of Nigeria having chargeable of 2,700 I think I should be called for CP in October 2006, I may be wrong I need some one to keep me cool.

Regards,

Any hope for Africans?

Blessed Africans, I just saw the October bulletin which shows the following:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 8,500 Except:
Egypt
Ethiopia 5,600
Nigeria 4,300

Any improvement compare to last year and is there any hope for us that has a very high case number? My case number is 23XXX from Nigeria.

Please I need urgent reply!

OMO U BETA CALL. UR NUMBER IS QUITE LOW AND YOU SHOULD Have gotten ur 2nd letter by now. and also send a mail to them. read ur forms and u will get the procedure on how to write the mail. be urgent about it. send asap.

my freind yebombi,

your case is shudled for ocober, you have to send an email to KCC in which you tell them that you didnt receive you 2nd NL .

they can send it to you via Email.

dont worry

good luck

FESTUS@DV2007 said:
The Consular Center In V.i Lagos Is The Best Place To Go For The Latest Information About Your Questions And Dv Cases Relating To Dv Winners From Nigeria . Take A Bold Step Go There And Get Questions To Your Answers No Two Dv Winners Have Exactly Thesame Problem. Hence A General Answer Might Not Suit Your Case. What You Think Is A Big Problem Might Be A Small One And What You Ignore Might Knock You Out Of The Process. Though The Contributions From Others Are Good Enough But Bear In Mind That As I Said B4, No Two Dv2007 Winners Have The Same Problem And Hence The Answer To Thier Questions Must Be Different. I Was Told I Dont Need A Sponsor, I Dont Need To Have Job Here In Nigeria Cos Am A Fresh Graduate, And I Do Not Need To Have A Relative In The United States. All I Need Is Proof Of Mycompleted O Level University Result Statement, Transcript And The Application Fee. I Dont Have A Birth Certificate But I Was Told That My Age Declaration Which I Did Way Back In 1998 Was Good Enough For Me. So Guys Try To Get To The Consular Center Say B4 11.00am To Get Your Questions Answered Hey Guys Dont Go With Your Cell Phones. Hello To Jessica And All Dv Winners For Their Marvelous Contributions On This Great Portal.

Thank you jrcies, tunde1001 for your comments about the question that i posted, I really appreciate you guys. Thank you Festus also for your comment
about people with diverse problems, you are quite right no two DV winners have the same problem and the consulate office is the best place to answer your questions. Though I've not been there, but I sent mail to them and this was their reply:

"Please come in and join the inquiry line at 11:00 am any day except Friday with any questions.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us any time.
Immigrant Visa Unit United States Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria"

I therefore urge anybody that is not satisfied with the general answer to take a bold step to go to the Consulate office for best solutions to their problems.

Festus I want to know, is it free to attend to your enquiries at the Consulate office?

I wish everybody's dream comes true.

doubledroy.

:)

Thanks a million Jalilcity,

I will call KCC and also send a mail immediately

High regard for Baba Agba

from Yebomi

hi jercies,

well it's quite good, this year the progression rate of the cut of number is better than the last year

my case n° is 20000 and im ecxpecting my interveiw on march or april

good luck for you

jalilcity said:
hi jercies,

well it's quite good, this year the progression rate of the cut of number is better than the last year

my case n° is 20000 and im ecxpecting my interveiw on march or april

good luck for you

I hope I could say the same about the progression rate of the cut off numbers in Nigeria.
My case number is 20XXX, If the number continues to move the way it is now, I am likely to be interviewed by let say April/May.
I hope :p I am right.
Good luck to US all and greetings to Morrocco

st-kris said:
hi all, i'm also a dv2007 winner n i've been follwing this thread for some time now n men, its been mighty educative. thanks to people like baba abga, jrcies etc. well the november cut offs are out {4300} n i cant really say how good it is. congrats to all ma bros. n sis. who have won, n even a bigger one for those who have really low numbers. all hope is not lost anyway, coz like ma sis. JRCIES my no. is also 20*** so i guess we're kinda in the same shoes... anyway, good luck to u all.. abeg make una no think too much con get high B.P o! just take it easy..

St-kris,
Good to have you around in the forum,where your contribution is mostly needed.
I agree with you on all hope not been lost.I think if the numbers continues to move the way it has began,then,it's a good sign... for those of us with a high case numbers.

Any hope for Africans?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFRICA 8,500 Except:
Egypt
Ethiopia 5,600
Nigeria 4,300

Any improvement compare to last year and is there any hope for us that has a very high case number? My case number is 23XXX from Nigeria.

Yes!!! there is hope from All African

sameffiong said:
Any hope for Africans?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFRICA 8,500 Except:
Egypt
Ethiopia 5,600
Nigeria 4,300

Good to see fellow 9jas joining this forum.Your contribution is always welcome here.
The progression of the cut off ranks for DV 06 was "very" "very" slow.
From the indication so far, I'd want to believe that there will be a great improvement in the movement compared to that of last year(DV06).
You have a high case number just as mine but I think there is still hope for you and me,that is if the numbers continue to move the way it is moving ,then your interview would likely be let say,May/June 07...I hope I am right.

I hope this helps.

DV 2007 Winners From Nigeria(Any Hope for 28xxx )

My fellow country ladies/gents. Any hope for those of us with high case No. 28xxx for a possible call-up? I need your candid advise. God bless you all.