• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Hello

Hello everybody

I hope you are all doing fine.Its nice reading from you all and hope you are all waiting patiently till our number becomes current.Take care all.

Tunde

UB,
Good to see that you have finally joined the forum.
I agree with you in the cut off jumping...I hope it happens for real fast.

1.Either doing AOS or CP, you are only to send a photocopied documents.
You are to go with the original documents on your interview day for sight.

2.It doesn't really matter where your bank account is, so long the required amount is in it, you will be fine with it.

Baba Agba,
Glad to hear that you are back!!
We all misses your inputs.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Education Requirement

I am happy to be part of this forum. I want to know if credit in English Languag is a requirement for DV-2007 despite the fact that the lottry is for both English speaking countries and Non-English speaking countries . I have 5 credits in my WAEC(1986) and a Pass in English Language.
I also have Msc(Orthopaedic Physiotherapy) in addition to my first degree
from a reputable university in Nigeria. The entry requirement as at that time in Medical Schools was 5credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Agricultural Science plus a Pass in English Language.
I also have over 12years practicing experience in both teaching hospital and general hospitals in Nigeria. Do i still need credit in English Language.

I am not sure

Hi Adenike

With wha you have I am not sure if you will need the English Launguage becuse of your Degree and Masters with your experience am not sure wellmaybe you can wait and heasr thers but I think you have what it takes

I am not sure

Hi Adenike

With wha you have I am not sure if you will need the English Launguage becuse of your Degree and Masters with your experience am not sure wellmaybe you can wait and heasr thers but I think you have what it takes

adenikanlatifat,
Techinically speaking a successfull secondary education now means 5 credits including mathematics and english. I am aware certain "blue chip" companies will refuse employing you, given that you have not met their basic educational requirement.

Having said that, your current educational equalification and experience is a plus and cannot be ignored even by a consular officer. I certainly believe you don't have any problem.

Success in your preparations.

Can you share your rank number with us?

UB

Hi Adenikanlatifat,
I quite agree with UB,to add to that,For you to be in a better position, I would say if there is a way you can get the English before your interview date,pls. do so.
As far as I am concern the consular's job is to try to refuse all applicants , as they will be looking for an irrelevant excuse to refuse one, so you have to make sure you are found wanting.
Your educational history is a plus but pray that God's favour be with you so that the officer that will interview you will have MERCY ;) on you.
As you know, the issuance of Visa is at the discretion of the consular officer interviewing , he/she may decide not to even look at your documents at all and still grant you the visa.

I hope this helps.

Hello Jerci

Hello

I guess you are correct with your Idea Jercui that he should go and get the result Honestly what the Consular wants is a way out for you hence my advise to everybody here is that no matter what degree or certificate you have if you dont have 5 credits go for Oct Nov GCE its around the corner and sit I am sure the result will come out next year and you can be sure that you have the qualification

I wish I could put my mind away from this Lottery I cant wait to see my number current or what do you think Jerci?Baba Agba and others

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i feel u tunde

i cant wait for this dv lottery to be over and move to the next phase. i just pray our stress and effort will not be in vain in jesus name. how r u guys coping with the stress?

My People the tension,the stress hasn't been easy with us all I know.
One thing is more certain and that is WE all will be successful at the end of this DV struggle.

Tunde!you shouldn't worry yourself that much, you can be rest assure that you will receive your second letter by November as said by KCC.

Let keep faith ALIVE.

I am a 2007 DV from Nigeria

I am so happy linking you guys the info is so helpful but my number is low 2007AF000011**
I should expect my CP very soon but myself and my wife has only Nigerian sponsors I hope the consulate will not refuse us please someone should brighten our dreams, although we have quite some relatives in the US but it never crossed our mind that they will need to be our sponsors and if they have to be what are the procedures?

Yebomi

Sponsor,

Hi Guys,

Thanks a billion for keeping this forum alive. i just have few questions for you guys to asssist me clarify.

1) Must your sponsor be only a relatives of yours? cant any of your family friends be your sponsor?
2) I know that the requirement for DV-2007 is 5 credits in WAEC but as you all are aware that consular processes/considerations might be different in Nigeria. is it possible that they might use both educational and work experience together in their assesment?

My No is 2007AF00005XXX

Thanks for your time.

wld & yebomi,

My thinking is as follows:
You can use anyone as your sponsor as long as s/he is a US citizen or PR. What I think normally happens is that the consular officer tries to establish the nature your relationship with the sponsor to determine "reliability" of the affidavit. With ratings for Relatives, Family friend, Friend, Acquintances e.t.c in that order.

It will be very good if you have a sponsor, especially if you are married. You could be asked to come back at a latter date with one-there have been some cases of this!

Educational qualification and work experience go "hand-in-hand" you are not very explicit on what you want.

UB

hi everyone, need info about evidence of support

hello,
i just joined in and think u guys are great. my num is af2*** and i should be due this oct.i am grateful to God for everything.
i need to gather all the right stuff as we all prepare,i couldn't get an affidavit of support but have enough from my dad, in form of stocks/shares can this stand for me.?
also i wrote "govt college,owerrri" in the forms kcc sent but in my actual waec cert.,the school name ws "govt sec.school,owerri".we used to call the school both names but i guess the other is the official one.does this matter..its been long i left sec. school, should i get an official in the school to say its one and the same?
thanks for ur help

Okeylin,
If you are married, you need an affidavit of support but if single,you do not.

If I were you, I will make sure the name written on my Certificate is as the one on the DV form as it could pose as a problem for you on your interview.
My advise to you is to inform KCC to do the needful.

I hope this helps.

help pls

i need help frm you guys, i got married after the dv notification, i have an international passport as at then on my family name, do i have to do another passport with my husband's name. all the documents are in my family name, is there any need for a new passport.

waec and gce

hi jrcies, tunde and others, i have this issue:
on the forms i sent to kcc. i wrote my secondary school and the month and year i passed out. june 1995. but i want to use my gce instead, which is november 1995.what is ur advise on this? later .

DESTO & BABA AGBA

You should know that your Green card would be issued with the names on your DV forms.
It would be wise of you to get a new passport.

In the forms you were asked to state the name of your high school which you did.
SSCE or GCE are all the same as far as I am concern.
How about in a situation whereby your SSCE wasn't good enough, is it not GCE you will turn to?
Don't worry man, you will be fine with the GCE.

I hope this helps.

hi jrcies

hello,

hope u good? thanx for the reply and have a nice day. everybody have a nice day and remember today is friday enjoy it. THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY. LATER

Everybody for the forum I greet una well well may God Almighty answer our prayer for this Visa lottery.

I dey enjoy all una questions and contributions.

I beg I want una contribution for this my problem,

I marry for 2004, sept 5 on sunday to be precise according to muslim right and dem give me marriage certificate which den write partly in arabic and english. I never go do registry own. Na this date (Sunday sept 5, 2004)I fill for the form i sent back to KCC.

The problem now be say, I do I defend it?
1. If I rush go registry now, dem no go fit put that Sunday date (as in back dating) for me as registry dont work on sunday

2. According to letter fromm KCC, if one present any document written in other language it must be accompany by its Eglish translation done by a registered translator. If I should present the Islamic marriage certificate, where do I do the translaton that will back it? and would embassy even recognise this religious certificate?

Please I need una candid response professors jrcies, tunde, baba agba, e.t.c.

Thank you.

Worried doubledroy