• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

jrcies

Registered Users (C)
Dv 2007 Winners From Nigeria.

Hi All!
Pls I'd like all DV 2007 winners from Nigeria to meet here,so that we can rub minds together as to how to go about processing our case until we receive the VISA.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Need advice

Hello everybody,

I need advice and it better be fast cuz I think I am running out of time. Good thing I was among the selected few but unfortunately my letter was sent to my residential address in Lagos while I was in Abuja working to make ends meet. My mum said she felt it was one of them those IT papers and CD's I used to receive (am into graphic design and software programing). She did not deem it fit to inform me on phone about the package cuz, like she said "after all, you'l see them whenever you come home". I was mailed on the 3rd of April and discovered the contents of the mail on June 27, ever since then I have been running helter skelter trying to confirm if its still appropriate that I continue with the processing concidering the amount of money I have to pump into it. On one of the forms I have to fill and send back to them, I did see expiry date which spells end of this July but I dont know where it applies (end of processing after documents have been recieved or begining of processing after documents have been recieved)

My head dey scatter, I need information from someone who knows how this stuff works.

Thank you.

Hedi

My Advice To You

Hedi,
If you are DV 2007 winner, then I 'd suggest it's appropriate for you to send the forms back to them regardless of the time wasted ,after all they did not specified a stipulated time to return the form back to KCC.All I can say is that,it's a first come, first serve thing,the quicker you send your forms the better chances you are for your forms to be processed on time.About the date on the forms if it's expired or not...I don't think that counts afterall na the one wey they send for you,you go use no be so??????? Never-the -less you can get the latest version of the forms through the link I have provided below,that is if the ones you have is absolute...

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html.

I hope this helps...

Regards,

hedikano said:
Hello everybody,

I need advice and it better be fast cuz I think I am running out of time. Good thing I was among the selected few but unfortunately my letter was sent to my residential address in Lagos while I was in Abuja working to make ends meet. My mum said she felt it was one of them those IT papers and CD's I used to receive (am into graphic design and software programing). She did not deem it fit to inform me on phone about the package cuz, like she said "after all, you'l see them whenever you come home". I was mailed on the 3rd of April and discovered the contents of the mail on June 27, ever since then I have been running helter skelter trying to confirm if its still appropriate that I continue with the processing concidering the amount of money I have to pump into it. On one of the forms I have to fill and send back to them, I did see expiry date which spells end of this July but I dont know where it applies (end of processing after documents have been recieved or begining of processing after documents have been recieved)

My head dey scatter, I need information from someone who knows how this stuff works.

Thank you.

Hedi

nice one

thanx for the quick response to the guy. i am also 2007. i hope we get thru dis process on time. it is quite long. wat do u think? jessica.

Baba Agba,
I guess that is the essence of been a member of this forum,helping each other to find a solution to a particular problem(s),all the same thanks for your compliments,I am glad,I am able to lend a helping hand to my fellow 9ja pickin.
I am sure you are aware that there is a process that has to be followed before a Visa is issued i.e 2006 before 2007.
Don't worry,Oct 1st is just around the corner...the only prayer you have to pray for now is that your number shouldn't be the HIGH...by the way, what's your number?? is it high??? mine is AF200700020XXXXX I don't know if mine is HIGH or LOW can you help me out on these???

baba agba said:
thanx for the quick response to the guy. i am also 2007. i hope we get thru dis process on time. it is quite long. wat do u think? jessica.

i saw ur response in another post and i guess u were trying to write AF2xxx, abi? am kinda nu on this board but i think definitely you should be among the first of rank cut off. my number is af 7xxx.

Baba Agba,
This whole case number of a thing is so confusing..however, I will be more than happy if I am called upon earlier as you have predicted... :D and yeah I meant AF2XXX..I wish us all GOOD LUCK!!
baba agba said:
i saw ur response in another post and i guess u were trying to write AF2xxx, abi? am kinda nu on this board but i think definitely you should be among the first of rank cut off. my number is af 7xxx.

Filling form D230 for a child

Someone pls!!!
Pls I need you to enlighten me. My wife just got NL for DV 2007
and I'm not very clear on how to fill the form enclosed- D 230.

Specifically, Is it right to sign for a baby who is included in the
intial application or use the baby's thumb print in place of applicant's
signature?
From the immigration forum on the internet, I understand that other
family members(derivative status) can fill and sign their own form as
the applicant on form D230, but what of the baby who yet to learn how to
read,write or speak?

kindly share your experience. May God bless you.
Tolu,
From Lagos, Nigeria.
could be reached at my e-ddy: toluwase321@yahoo.com

birth cert

sorry i lost my birth certificate and was wondering if i can use the one they collect at the high courts. which one did you use for ur interview?
pls reply

Considering your case, it will be normal for you to sign for your child, but as you know,the rule of this game is so strict and tough that any silly mistake could jeopadise your chances of getting the Visa! I will strongly advise you to send an email to KCC or place a call to them to clarify this issue.
The email address is in the NL.
Just state your case number,your name as used in the lottery,address,date of birth and then your question(s) you will be replied within 3 or 4 days.With these you will be sure you are not making any mistake.In the subject line, aslo state your case number there.

I hope this helps,

Baba Agba,
About your Birth Cert, you dont't have to worry yourself so much on that, just go to the local government council you were given birth to and get another one.After which, you go to the National Population Commission for them to issue you a letter confirming age/dateof birth/place of birth ..You will be ok with these.

I hope this helps.

Name Check

Can someone pls tell me what a NAME CHECK means?

Thanks,

Respond To Bodclara

bodclara said:
Hi Jessica,
I am very happy to send you this mail.I am also happy for you as you are a dv winner,actually i have longed to meet dv winners in Nigeria.
I am a 2007 dv winner my no is 6**,i have sent my forms and i am waiting for the 2nd letter i.e appointment letter.
Jessica,i will like us to share the little we know about dv winners since it seems everyone dont really have precise details of the dv winner case.Also do you have any idea when interview will be and how nos affect interview date.
Pls jessica i will like to hear from you,i am based in abuja and my no is 08038266134,my email addy is bolowu2k2@yahoo.com.i hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers and all the best.
BOD

Hi!
Good to hear from a DV 2007 winner from Nigeria.I have longed to meet Nigerian winners of DV 2007 also, so that we can share ideas and experience(s)
With such desires and zeal,prompted me to create these Thread.
To your question about Case number,yeah! your case Number will determine when you will be called for an interview based on the VISA BULLETIN released for the month.
They are still working on DV 2006 selected winner.Our case (DV2007 winner)will commence as from 1 Oct,let pray that the case numbers should move faster come Oct 1 as they have been pretty slow this year in Africa and Nigeria especially.

Signing for a Child

Toluwani,

I too am a DV2007 winner and had a son after entering the lottery. I phoned up KCC and they informed me that either parent can sign on behalf of my son who is just 3 months.