• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Hello All!!!
Baba Agba,Yes...all you have to do is go to WAEC office Yaba with these;
Affidavit indicating that the result is yours,letter indicating that you are the said person from,Clergy man or otherwise,certainly not your relation.
You will be required to pay some fee for administrative charge(s)which is about =N=2000 or more.

Obitinto
You will receive your appointment letter 4-7weeks before your interview,it's Ok,if want to call KCC but I am sure they will tell you the same thing.
Point of correction,I do not know your case number...neither have I even thought of it as it is not my business to know.
As I can not remember or see me mentioning your number in this forum or elsewhere abi my people una don see where I mention person number here???

If your have a low number it's simple means you are likely to interviewed on time.

Tunde1001
Yea got your private message and the content well understood!
Well, like you asked,I am waiting anxiously for my second letter :)

I hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
gce

i want to use my nov /dec (gce). i hope it wouldnt affect anything cos in the forms i sent i wrote my secondary school but i am not using my may june (waec). i hope you understand my question jessica or any other person that can answer.

Yes,I do understand your question completely ;) .It's Ok to use G.C.E (NOV/DEC)from WAEC office and not the one from Oluwole :D
You will be fine with that!

I hope this helps.

Hi Jersica and Baba Agba

I hope you guys are okay I am fine as well.
As reagrds the GCE just make sure its the original and not fake whatever you fill its your result and it all depends on your number.
If you are lucky to be called for interview next month then you might not be able to use that of OcT NOV Just make sure that you have the GCE.
I have TOEFL that will expire decemeber this year score 270\300 but I guess that is for there University but this is LOTTERY
Take Care

tunde 1001

i dont understand what you mean by
'If you are lucky to be called for interview next month then you might not be able to use that of OcT NOV Just make sure that you have the GCE.'

can you explain please.

Baba Agba

Hi

What I meant was that if your number is current in October then you might not be able to use the NovDec Result cos they want a valid result and not awaitimg result.
Although they do it o o you can get yourself a result but its expensive and it will be original sebi na naija we dey.
Watever just make sure you get the 5 O levels before your Number becomes current

tunde1001

i am through with university. they made a mistake on my waec certificate instead of oluwaseun they wrote seun and that is my first name that is why i am considering using my gce. the only wahala there is that i filled my secondary school in the form. so i was wondering if there will be a wahala if i use my gce .

hi jessica and tunde 1001

in the ds forms i wrote my secondary school but i am using my gce (Nov/Dec) which of cause i wrote in another school.u think this might create any problem? :confused:

Baba Agba It depend on the Consular

Baba Agba

See I have a few experience as reagrds this lottery.
But I can assure you that KCC only wants 5 credit from you but the consular here may see you as lying that why dint you use the Nov Dec but I want to assure you atht all you need do is to tell them that you are not really sure or probably a mistake that the result is yours either secondary or primary moreso WAEC is a SECONDARY SCHOOL EXAM AND NOT PRIMARY.
I hope this will help.

Jerci

I called KCC and ask if they got the marriger certifcate we sent they said it takes a month that I should call back next month.
Meanwhile the oyinbo said that my wife will get a letter come November ah is it not too fast for her Number 00018xxx

Take care

Baba Agba,
Don't get yourself all worked out.(1)You were asked in the form to list all the school you have attended and date(s), which I am sure you did.
(2)You were also asked to fill in the degree/diploma obatained...
In my own point of view, G.C.E,S.S.C.E are all W.A.S.S.C.E... Regardless of the name of the school that you attended or wrote on the forms.
Don't forget that if one completes S.S.III one is awarded with W.A.S.S.C.E Diploma and if you sat for Oct/Nov you will also be awarded with W.A.S.S.C.E Diploma.
The buttom line is,the consular officer will want to know,if your O'levels don complete..i.e 5 Credits or above.
Could be S.S.C.E or G.C.E, it doesn't matter.
Cool your temper my guy,no worry yourself too much about this DV thing ooo make your BP no go rise beyond...I no wan loose you because of this DV Wahala ooo :p

Tunde1001,
Did I hear you say"is it too early for your case number to be current by November?? :confused: I think you should be thankful to your stars and GOD.This na the kind news wey alot of people are dying to hear and you are ...
If your number becomes current by Number or so...that would be great!!! Which means there is hope for me atlast!!!! :D as I dey follow you for back with my number 20XXX.I hope your documents don dey ready???
Good luck to all of us...

I hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Baba Agba and Jerci

Hi Baba Agba

Jerci just told you the truth and I guess that is exactly what I posted.

Hi Jerci

How are you thanks so much I am greatful I just hope it will be as they said at KCC.

Well I wiil keep praying

Take care and remain blessed

bodclara said:
Hi jessica
Pls clearify me about this employment issue.I stated in my forms my work experience,but i have Gce,Bsc and an a levels result in english from my university.
What i want to know which of the two ie education or work experience will be used to jugde my case,or since i have the basic education requirement that is ok?
Also about police certificate has anyway gotten his yet pls enlighten me on how to get mine.
I intend to call Kcc if i can make ammendments ,i also have being promoted to the position of manager do you think i inform Kcc.
And to all true 2007dv winners,i got a scary information today.Some dv winners went to the embassy for processing and they were handed over to the police,they said his entry had being process.Actually it sounds very funny but i think every true winner should protect every information about his or her dv.
Hope to hear frm you all soon.All the best.

Hi Bolu,
If I am to refresh your mind,in your NL for the DV,it says the basic requirement is that you must have either a high school education or it's equivalent or two years work experience.
A high school education simply means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12 years course in the U.S. (i.e Six years in primary school and 6 years in secondary school) I think your application will be judged base on these.
The right time for me to go for police report(FP) will be when I know my interview date.

I hope this helps!

Hi bolu

When did that incident happend? I am sorry for that person mayb ehe must have gotten some info
Too Bad
Hi Jerci
I wonder why people bother about the work experience once youb have 5 O level credit Finsh.As lons as it is WAEC cos I think they dont accept NECO

bYE

My Brother me I no know ooo,to me it further complicates issues.I think it's always good to stick to the first info given to KCC rather than ...
I don't think they accept NECO all they ask for is "WAEC "WAEC"WAEC

High Numbers

Hello Jerci

I ran through the last Visa Bulletin and what I realise was that the Case Numbers this year are slow I just pray that it moves up so that we all can get an appointment date

Hi Baba Agba dont worry yourself all you need do is to tender your First Degree as waht you have I think that will be enough.

Jerci I have never stoped parying for you may God help us

Thank you so much for your prayers,it means so much to me...!
You are right about the case number been slow this past year in Africa.I hope it will be fast come Oct... judging by the last cut off number in AFRICA 33,900 and NIG 16,000 respectively.
You stand a better chance of been interviewed earlier.
They may start from 34,000 or 17,000 in either way, your number will be in...So just get your papers ready and remember,I dey always follow you for back.
KCC responded to my mail saying they have gottin my forms and that I should watch out for the Visa bulletin come 16th August to see when my number will be current.
Thanks for your prayers once again...I will be praying for everybody too.

Festus@dv2007

FESTUS@DV2007 said:
HI JESSICA
THANKS A LOT FOR SENDING THAT REPLY TO MY BOX. I WILL BE MORE CAREFUL NEXT TIME WITH THE NUMBER.. BUT THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE IS THAT MY NUMBER HAS 5 DIGITS AF00028XXX MOST DO U STILL THINK THIS NUMBER IS NOW TOO HIGH. AND I DO NOT HAVE THAT FORM THE ORIGINAL PRINT OOT DURING THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION STAGE. WOULD I AT ANY TIME BE ASKED TO PRODUCE THAT PRINT OUT. AND PLEASE WISH I COULD HAVE YOUR NUMBER SO AS TO SPEAK TO YOU DIRECTLY
THANKS. MINE IS 08035116268

Festus,
Don't get yourself all wrapped up! Your number is 28XXX,to me is a low number.
You will not be asked to produce the Original print out during the Electronic application stage.

I hope this helps

Have you sen the Cut Off

Hello

Have you seen the Cut Off for October.
Well lets see how things will go.
I dey yopur back too anyhow anyhow
Take care

tunde1001 said:
Hello

Have you seen the Cut Off for October.
Well lets see how things will go.
I dey yopur back too anyhow anyhow
Take care

Thank you Tunde, I have been to the site and see the info but could you please explain how to understand this "current" number if U know it.
It was written that for All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 5,700 Except:
Egypt3,100
Ethiopia 3,500
Nigeria 2,700

Which number do I follow? the one for Nigeria or for Africa? remember that our NL was numbered as AFXXXXX (which is Africa)

Please anybody that understand should explain for the benefit of all, I think there are "professors" here like urself, babaagba, jrcies, e.t.c.

Welcome to AMERICA in advance.

Doubledroy :) :) :)