• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

CONGRATULATION!!! I am happy for you ooooooo, we must wash am oooooooooo...I know ours is on the way too.We all will have every cause to celebrate like any other person that has gottin his/her VISA.
GOODLUCK TO US ALL

bodclara said:
Hi jessica,
Thanks for your reply yesterday,but i will like to know about medical test if you have an idea about it.
Which hospitals are we to go, how much is the cost of the test and what test are we to go for?
Also,i have heard alot of people talk about numbers being current what does this mean.
Thank you
Bod

No problem at all,feel free to contact me anytime.
When that time comes,you will be notify by the embassy which hospital you are to go for the test.
The cost should be between =N=15,000 to =N=20,000.
As for the kind of test,basically, it is to ascertain ones physical fitness level and to know if one is HIV positive!
There is a Visa Bulletin that is been released every month by the visa center,base on that, there is a cut off number,once your number falls belows the cut off numbers,then you will be called for an interview for that month but if your number is above the cut off number then it could be next month or more...but if the numbers are said to be "CURRENT",then all the number released in the Visa bulletin for the month will have an appointment date .
Come Oct1, DV2007 Winners will know how it will go...

I hope this helps,

Last edited by a moderator:
question

i applied b4 at the embassy in 2002 for a US visting visa but it was denied.then no real reason was given. i dont know if this can affect my chances with this dv .what do you think?

Baba Agba,
If you applied for a visiting Visa and was dennied in 2...,that to me, is a different ball game entirely and I don't think it should be a problem or it's a problem.
My husband has been denied 2 times so...just cool your temper my guy.
After all, you did not apply for a visa this time, you were selected :D for the Visa.
Just relax Baba!

I hope this helps

bodclara said:
Hello,
i appreciate your response to my mail,you seem to have
broad knowlegde about the dv process.Pls tell me,is this your first experience?
Is your no one of the low nos?let me know.
Cheers.

Hi again,
Well, for your info, this is my first time of winning of the DV lottery.
My number is 2XXX,I wouldn't know if it's low or high for now,until the Visa Bulletin for DV 2007 comes out as from Oct but considering the 2XX, it should be a low number :D Oh boy!how I wish I was right about this???

Cheers,
Jrcies

hi

good morning jessica, guess u r in nigeria. thanx a lot for the reply. i like ur sense of humor, ;) it diffuses the mental stress of this dv.

Baba Agba,
I be typical 9ja pickin, residing in Lagos.My brother,the DV Wahala no be small...one can only hope for the best and try to ease out stress through humour once in awhile...if you want dey think about am hmm..you BP go rise beyond.....

Jrcies

na true yans

i dey feel ur yans. the stress na wa. it is well. i reside in lag too. the thing na say i don curtail my spending and it is kinda hard, really. we will c the end of the tunnel in jesus name and have a smile bigger,bolder and more real than this :D

My people, how una dey? I dey enjoy una well well especiallly Baba Agba, jrcies and the rest, this american dream no go die lailai Amin

Me sef I be winner for dis dv2007 lottery like una and men this thing they capital (money) intensive oooooooooooooooo

Anyway sha God will make a way for us all.

Doubledroy

My brother, the money involved no be small ooo,but if issued the Visa at the end of the whole wahala,then it will worth it.
Afterall na GREEN CARD we dey talk about.wetin for take you 15 years or so to get,you get am in just some months.
Let just hope and pray that all the money we all are pumping into it,wouldn't be in vain.

I feel you brother but at the end it is God's choice .
I have the same problem it is a big amount of money.
Plus if you take the visa Airplanes tickets cost a lot of money + you will go without anymoney in hand but as I said God will send what we need at the time he find it is possible for us

Ramoz, as per my religion, I know the will of GOD will always prevail in ones life but come to think of it,do you think it was by accident that my/your entry was chosen?
If GOD's will HAD made my/your entry to be selected among the millions that entered for the program,then HE is capable of finishing the job as I know GOD will not do His work half way.He will bring it to perfection.You know why???because He is a GOOD GOD.
Just do your best and leave the rest for the good lord Ok!

Last edited by a moderator:
yans

preach on sista..
i dey feel ur yans. how u una dey my people. have a nice day and hope we have something to yan about today.

hello everybody,
jessica was asking few days ago what name check is .i guess nobody answered this question yet as far as i read .so what's that after all? it's done prior to the interview? thanks

Better Sweet,
Well, Name Check is the same as a Background Check...Basically, they want to find out if... been arrested,convicted and so on...

I am from Nigeria

Hello,

Thanks for your reply jrcies I am from Nigeria please my wife number is AF00018XXX.Please what is our chances of getting an appointement letter?I learnt there is a way you can predict.

I hope we dint make a mistake by fiiling yes to the question about our SSN COS WE FILLED YES.

Hope to read from you thanks

Hi Jrcie

Hello,

Thanks for your reply jrcies I am from Nigeria please my wife number is AF00018XXX.Please what is our chances of getting an appointement letter?I learnt there is a way you can prerdict.

I hope we dint make a mistake by fiiling yes to the question about our SSN COS WE FILLED YES.

I am from Nigeria

Hello,

Thanks for your reply jrcies I am from Nigeria please my wife number is AF00018XXX.Please what is our chances of getting an appointement letter?I learnt there is a way you can prerdict. How can we determine it my number starts with 000 then 16 like that

I hope we dint makew a mistake by fiiling yes to the question about our SSN COS WE FILLED YES.

It is true that your case number determines when you will be interviewed.There is a Visa Bulletin that comes out every month,if your case number falls below the cut off for the month,then you it is more likely to be called upon for interview.
For now they are still dealing with that of last year(DV2006).
That of DV2007 will commence as from Oct 1,Only then,would we know.
Let just pray that the case numbers moves a-bit faster in Africa come Oct as it has been pretty slow in Africa in the last year.
AF18XXX is a low number and you stand a better chance of been interview.
YES for the SSN was not a wrong option, no fear :D na the correct thing you fill there ok!

I hope this helps,

jrcies