• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

soken02000 said:
My fellow country ladies/gents. Any hope for those of us with high case No. 28xxx for a possible call-up? I need your candid advise. God bless you all.

Soken02000,
We can only hope and project base on the progession of the numbers.
Your number is a high one but that those not mean you WILL/MAY not be interviewed.
I am sure you are aware that no one can exactly tell for sure when he/she would be called for interview as only KCC can tell.
Let just keep our fingers crossed and hope that there should be a time when Nigeria will not be exempted,so that those of us with high numbers can be interviewed base on the cut off for Africa.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
soken02000,

I think that is right! Lets just pray that there will be a month when Nigeria will not be exempted from other African countries and as such everyone will have the opportunity of going for an interview for that month. I am very sure that this will surely happen. So dont be afraid, worst of all by July/August you will surely attend your interview. Just get your documents and financial statement ready for your interview.

I hope this helps.

Food for thot!

soken02000 said:
My fellow country ladies/gents. Any hope for those of us with high case No. 28xxx for a possible call-up? I need your candid advise. God bless you all.

Hi folks,
Just keeping in touch! Did u know?
*Aprox. there is a Nigerian in every 5 winner i.e (AF)
*There cant be more than 3,500 winners from Niger! (including dependants)
*Theoritically winners above 17500 are unlikely to be called
* Historically and statistcally all winners will be called

I wish u all well in your preparations and pls lets share your experiences.

God bless.

UB

My names on credentials

My people, I have some issues I cannot sort out for now. I just need your urgent advice before I can take any action. My credentials has different names like: 1) George Monty Clinton, 2) George M. Clinton and 3) George Clinton (three names belonging to me). My birth cert., WAEC, First degree carries the first option; My professional certificates carries the second option while my recent credentials including my company ID, bank account and international passport carries the third option. In early 2005, before applying for the lottery, I swore an affidavit at the high court for the use of the third option while other two options remains valid. So when I was applying for the lottery, I used the third option without supplying middlename (same with the notification forms sent to KCC). Please will this pose a problem for me when tendering all my credentials including my WAEC? If yes, what should I do to be on the safe side.

My people abeg make all of una help me out!

link to visa bulletin

can someone pls give me the lonk to thevsa bulletin - i see that Nigerias cutoff for october is 4300??? abeg o be like say i follow that batch...

sameffiong said:
My people, I have some issues I cannot sort out for now. I just need your urgent advice before I can take any action. My credentials has different names like: 1) George Monty Clinton, 2) George M. Clinton and 3) George Clinton (three names belonging to me). My birth cert., WAEC, First degree carries the first option; My professional certificates carries the second option while my recent credentials including my company ID, bank account and international passport carries the third option. In early 2005, before applying for the lottery, I swore an affidavit at the high court for the use of the third option while other two options remains valid. So when I was applying for the lottery, I used the third option without supplying middlename (same with the notification forms sent to KCC). Please will this pose a problem for me when tendering all my credentials including my WAEC? If yes, what should I do to be on the safe side.

My people abeg make all of una help me out!

NO!!!NO!!!NO!!! Since you have swore an affidavit as regards to this,then there should be a problem,as the difference between the names is the one without M(Monty).
Besides the consular will use the name on your Passport and the DV forms to handle your case.
With your explanation here, I know you will be fine,there should be a problem at all.

I hope this helps.

Ubus said:
Hi folks,
Just keeping in touch! Did u know?
*Aprox. there is a Nigerian in every 5 winner i.e (AF)
*There cant be more than 3,500 winners from Niger! (including dependants)
*Theoritically winners above 17500 are unlikely to be called
* Historically and statistcally all winners will be called

I wish u all well in your preparations and pls lets share your experiences.

God bless.

UB
My People,
I just want to share this with every one who cares to know about the Case Number issue. My statistics states below:
DV 2007:
1) 2007 AF 00000001-00043998
2) 2007 AS 00000001-00011929
3) 2007 EU 00000001-00022063
4) 2007 NA 00000001-00000012
5) 2007 OC 00000001-00001398
6) 2007 SA 00000001-00003097
Total Statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability = 82,497
Monthly Visa Bulletin is tailored to the above figure. Furthermore, I want clarification e.g DV 2006 Total AF = 44,415; AS = 11,470; EU = 24,980; NA = 12;
OC = 2,115; SA = 4,438 Global Total = 87,430. From the figures above, August 2006 Visa Bulletin has a cut-off numbers lower than the regional allocation to almost all the regions except NA even as DV 2006 gets to the end. Ultimately, the Visa Bulletin for September, 2006 says "Current" to all the regions except Egypt & Ethiopia from Africa. Does this "Current" refer to the last published figures or covers all applicants from each region who have not been called for interview to attend ?

Cheers!

Case Numbers

soken02000 said:
My People,
I just want to share this with every one who cares to know about the Case Number issue. My statistics states below:
DV 2007:
1) 2007 AF 00000001-00043998
2) 2007 AS 00000001-00011929
3) 2007 EU 00000001-00022063
4) 2007 NA 00000001-00000012
5) 2007 OC 00000001-00001398
6) 2007 SA 00000001-00003097
Total Statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability = 82,497
Monthly Visa Bulletin is tailored to the above figure. Furthermore, I want clarification e.g DV 2006 Total AF = 44,415; AS = 11,470; EU = 24,980; NA = 12;
OC = 2,115; SA = 4,438 Global Total = 87,430. From the figures above, August 2006 Visa Bulletin has a cut-off numbers lower than the regional allocation to almost all the regions except NA even as DV 2006 gets to the end. Ultimately, the Visa Bulletin for September, 2006 says "Current" to all the regions except Egypt & Ethiopia from Africa. Does this "Current" refer to the last published figures or covers all applicants from each region who have not been called for interview to attend ?

Cheers!

soken02000,
I understand where u are coming come! "Current" means all other applicants who have not been called for interview yet.

Additionally, u will notice Nigeria has a very high chargeability number 9,000 plus and a fixed quota < or = to 3,500.

Over the years, I would say "rule-off thumb" on the average 50% of winners get visas.

The implication of this is that, probably 70% of the initial numbers will be called for interview, based on the fact that in previous years that number has been the yearly average.

Though I believe there is a reason for the high numbers for Nigeria, probably because of rejection rates.

Having said all that, case numbers as high as 32,000 will likely be called (because of the rejections).

I do hope my analysis is objective and open for all to contribute.

UB

obinna43 said:
hello jc,
i just want to know what and what required from my sponsor in usa as in if there is need for him sending any document to me which i will present to embassy in nigeria cos he only gave me his phone number,house address and his full name.

my case number is currently out 2007af000031**.

and i was asked to call back in 5 days later to know my exact date for interview but i hv not received the 2nd letter yet.thanks and i wish u best as well.

Hi Obinna,
You only need a sponsor if you are a married Dv winner.
If you are a married winner, then you will need more than what your sponsor have provided so far i.e Phone number, address,Name...

These are what your sponsor need send to you:

* Sworn Affidavit (1-134)
*Job Verification
*Bank Statement
*Most recent U.S W2 Form & 1040 tax return
*Job verification letter from employer

Good luck to you.

I hope this helps

Ubus said:
soken02000,
I understand where u are coming come! "Current" means all other applicants who have not been called for interview yet.

Additionally, u will notice Nigeria has a very high chargeability number 9,000 plus and a fixed quota < or = to 3,500.

Over the years, I would say "rule-off thumb" on the average 50% of winners get visas.

The implication of this is that, probably 70% of the initial numbers will be called for interview, based on the fact that in previous years that number has been the yearly average.

Though I believe there is a reason for the high numbers for Nigeria, probably because of rejection rates.

Having said all that, case numbers as high as 32,000 will likely be called (because of the rejections).

UB

UB,
Thanks for your great Analysis,I am sure it has given most of us a great insight about the whole...

Thank you!

Ubus said:
soken02000,

UB

UB,
Thanks for your great Analysis,I am sure it has given most of us a great insight about the whole...

Thank you!

Calling KCC and sending email

I must confess it is difficult reaching this KCC guys when you call answering machine asking you to hold on for the next available agent and in the process the phone will just cut off.

The email is automatic reply, Please can some one enlighten me on how to reach KCC to respond to me

Regards,

Yebomi

yebomi said:
I must confess it is difficult reaching this KCC guys when you call answering machine asking you to hold on for the next available agent and in the process the phone will just cut off.

The email is automatic reply, Please can some one enlighten me on how to reach KCC to respond to me

Regards,

Yebomi

In the subject line should be your case number.
The in the text, write your case number, your name, date of birth, postal address as it appears on your NL before writing your enquiry.

I hope this helps.

ken2

pls can anybody tell me the right time to do the police certificate and WAEC
verification payment for someone with high case number 25*** in nigeria and
the ideal for the cost of this items.
Wishing all dv winners best of luck.

adenekanlatifat said:
pls can anybody tell me the right time to do the police certificate and WAEC
verification payment for someone with high case number 25*** in nigeria and
the ideal for the cost of this items.
Wishing all dv winners best of luck.

The Police certificate cost between =N=2500 and =N=5000,depending on your bargaining power.payment for the Waec transcript is between =N= 1200-=N=1500.
Getting these documents, cost money , abi no be so?? How about getting the documents and God forbid!!!,the number never became current???
The case number is a high one,since you can get all these document within a month, I 'd advise you to wait until your number becomes current.

I hope this helps.