• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

adenekanlatifat said:
pls can anybody tell me the right time to do the police certificate and WAEC
verification payment for someone with high case number 25*** in nigeria and
the ideal for the cost of this items.
Wishing all dv winners best of luck.

From the experience of a friend of mine who just did his police report and medical exam for DV2007, He did his police report after getting his second letter for Interview and the police report is cost #2,000 while the medical exam is #15,500. It's KCC that will direct you to the hospital that you will do the medical exam and also instruct you to go to Alagbon for your police report.

I hope this help!

Thanks your advice is very helpful.But do anybody have ideal of the procedure
for waec verification payment and that of police certificate,bcos someone told me you pay at the victorial island b/4 going to alagbon.

From my initial inquiries at the US Embassy, Poilce clearance is valid for 6 months, so I agree with jrcies no harm in waiting for your number to go current.

Is there a need for a WAEC transcript, my thinking is that only the certificate is required!

Goodluck.

UB

you have to wait for kcc to instruct you on the available hospital , the amount is 15,800 for adult , international passport and two recent passport, the police certificate, you have to pay at No 1 kofo Abayomi, they will instruct you to go to alagbon, dont bother yourself much, wait for your number to be current, kcc will explain everything to you.

Piece of advice.

adenekanlatifat said:
Thanks your advice is very helpful.But do anybody have ideal of the procedure
for waec verification payment and that of police certificate,bcos someone told me you pay at the victorial island b/4 going to alagbon.

If you had read the tread (DV 2007 winner from Nigeria) you would have noticed that the answer to your question about WAEC is there.
Please let endeavour to read the tread before posting our questions, as who knows the answer to one question may already be on there.

I hope this helps.

Consular Questions

Hi everyone,
I am a keen reader of the postings on this site. Well done to every contributor. Can anyone actually describe what the actual interview feels like? What type of questions will the consular officers ask and how long does it take for the Immigrant Visa to be issued after a successful interview session? Please advise
:)
Cheers
Migo

Migo said:
Hi everyone,
I am a keen reader of the postings on this site. Well done to every contributor. Can anyone actually describe what the actual interview feels like? What type of questions will the consular officers ask and how long does it take for the Immigrant Visa to be issued after a successful interview session? Please advise
:)
Cheers
Migo

Hi Migo,
If you have been following this tread then you would know that must of us here have not been interview yet!
But I will try to respond to your query.
The interview session is like going to HELL to interrogate the devil himself which can be so tensed up.
Base on the experience of those who have been interviewed,the questions will be asked based on You.
Basically, the consular will ask you what you filled on your forms to ascertain if your answer will correspond with what you filled in your forms.

For DV 06, after the interview, it took about a month to get your passport stamped.
But since it's September and the FY is running to an end, some are receiving their visa 15/10/5 days after the interview depending on when the interview was held.

I hope I have tried to answer your questions?

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Consular Questions & Nig. Police Character Cert.

Hi jrcies,
Many thanks for taking time out and answering my questions in your capacity. Although majority of the people on this forum are mostly DV 2007 winner and have not had the chance to attend the interview itself, I want to encourage those with low case numbers who will be privileged to attend the interview in October and November to share their experiences with everyone on the forum. It would be most appreciated.

Jrcies, if your say that the visa interview mainly entails you corroborating the data in your forms, then how come there are such a large number of disqualifications and consequent refusals by consular officers.

More so, ‘Ubus’ posted on this thread that Nigerian Police Character Certificates are valid for six months. However, I would like to add that I recently obtained my Police Cert. and the validity period on the certificate is 3 months. Does it mean that even after the expiration of a Nigerian Police Certificate that it still remains valid for 6 months? Please advise!

Many thanks to you for making time to respond to my barrage of questions.

Migo said:
Hi jrcies,
Many thanks for taking time out and answering my questions in your capacity. Although majority of the people on this forum are mostly DV 2007 winner and have not had the chance to attend the interview itself, I want to encourage those with low case numbers who will be privileged to attend the interview in October and November to share their experiences with everyone on the forum. It would be most appreciated.

Jrcies, if your say that the visa interview mainly entails you corroborating the data in your forms, then how come there are such a large number of disqualifications and consequent refusals by consular officers.

More so, ‘Ubus’ posted on this thread that Nigerian Police Character Certificates are valid for six months. However, I would like to add that I recently obtained my Police Cert. and the validity period on the certificate is 3 months. Does it mean that even after the expiration of a Nigerian Police Certificate that it still remains valid for 6 months? Please advise!

Many thanks to you for making time to respond to my barrage of questions.

Many Nigerians applied for the Lottery without knowing the basic requirement.
Many also believed, once you are selected, your GC is automatic.
Until I was selected, I never knew the case number was for a purpose or there was something called Visa bulletin etc.
Check this out, I know of a guy who won the DV but has no O'levels or work experience, what do you think is gonna happen at the day of this interview, your guess is as good as mine!
Some would filled something esle and if been asked by the time of interview would say another thing, like you filled in the form that you want your GC to be sent to address A and when you were asked by the consular officer and you said another thing like to address B..you know what will happen here?
Also,the married ones may not have U.S sponsor and many more factors.
All these and many more silly mistakes put together makes the consular officer to refuse many.

If your police certificate has expired, then there is no point beating around the bush, you need another one.
My advise is you wait until your number becomes "CURRENT" before getting another one.

On a final note, if you filled your forms correctly and you have the required basic requirement for the Dv then you wouldn't have a problem with the consular officer when your number is current.
All you would need then ,would be LUCK!!!

question

Greetings to my follow winners,
am privillege to be one of the selected winner for the further consideration for the dv 2007.

Thanks for accepting me into your membership, and furthermore thanks for educating us, and the neccassary guide you are giving to us to take . I so much appreciate your kind gesture.

yeah ,am one of the lucky winners selected for further consideration for 2007,a form was sent to me since april 2006 which i have sent back to kcc since may 2006 and reply yet from kcc, am a part-time student in LASU presently am in 400l studing economics, i have my 5credits but with 2sittings of GCE 2000 and 2001 respectively, pls will i be disqualify since is not one sitting?

my second question is that in the form where they ask for occupation or work expirence i tick N/A can this limit my chance too?

and finally i dont have birth certificate but i have affidavit i sworn since 1998 how do i solve the issue of birth certificate,and i have move from my former residence to a knew residence, how do i inform kcc about it?.
thanks.

johnwarri said:
Greetings to my follow winners,
am privillege to be one of the selected winner for the further consideration for the dv 2007.

Thanks for accepting me into your membership, and furthermore thanks for educating us, and the neccassary guide you are giving to us to take . I so much appreciate your kind gesture.

yeah ,am one of the lucky winners selected for further consideration for 2007,a form was sent to me since april 2006 which i have sent back to kcc since may 2006 and reply yet from kcc, am a part-time student in LASU presently am in 400l studing economics, i have my 5credits but with 2sittings of GCE 2000 and 2001 respectively, pls will i be disqualify since is not one sitting?

my second question is that in the form where they ask for occupation or work expirence i tick N/A can this limit my chance too?

and finally i dont have birth certificate but i have affidavit i sworn since 1998 how do i solve the issue of birth certificate,and i have move from my former residence to a knew residence, how do i inform kcc about it?.
thanks.

John Warri,
The basic requirement for the Dv lottery is an O'level.The instruction did not state that it should be one sitting.
If you have 5 credits or more in more than one sitting, I don't think you will be disqualify for this.

If you ticked N/A for the work experience column, you did not make a mistake as your case would be determined with your O'levels.

If you have a sworn affidavit that is not a recent one, you should be fine with it.
If you have moved from your original address you used in entering for the lottery, you should inform KCC immediately through email of by phone.

Name Check

Jcies,
I want to believe that name check means a process of authenticate the identity of a person. To prevent a kind of identity theft which is rampant nowadys. That's my opinion.

toluwani said:
Jcies,
I want to believe that name check means a process of authenticate the identity of a person. To prevent a kind of identity theft which is rampant nowadys. That's my opinion.

Yes and to be sure if one has a criminal record or not.

2nd package

My people,

As any one receive the 2nd package please post a reply for general info

Regards,

Yebomi

Once again i say thanks to all participant of this forum, concerning the request i forwarded to KCC, relating to change of my residential address , and the second letter from kcc,
the reply sent to my box was that concerning the address issue, my new address will be updated and will take effect,and on the issue of second letter that for now my application was received and also consider for continuation of the visa process, that presently visa bulletin for the month of nov for my region nigeria precisely is only 4300 will be first treated for the month of nov 2006 and every 15days another visa bulletin will be released , so therefore those that their case number between these number 4300 should be expecting there second letter very soon , i wish all winner good luck
thanks
that was the information sent to me during my enquiry from kcc

jrcies said:
Hi All!
Pls I'd like all DV 2007 winners from Nigeria to meet here,so that we can rub minds together as to how to go about processing our case until we receive the VISA.

Thanks,

Well, my wife won the dv lottery too and since then i have been doing alot of researches on the internet to get information as regards the processing.
I think i have been able to get enough information wich i would be willing to share with anyone in this forum especially my country people Nigeria who were lucky be one of the DV winners.
Note that there are things i might not know too pls be kind enough to share info.
Thanks.

Is NECO acceptable as prove of High school Education

Hello Everyone,
I would like to know if the NECO Examination is acceptable as a prove of High school Education at the Consular Office(Embassy) in Nigeria.
I would also want to know if the NECO result transcript is acceptable since the NECO officials said the certificates for the 2003 NECO Exams are not ready yet.

I would appreciate soonest responsefrom my ever dynamic country men and Ladies.

Thank you.

Financial Support

I wonder why no one is bothered about the requirement of Proof of Financial Support. That's an ambigious area I think. What amount of money would be considered sufficient by the consular officers - N100,000, N250,000, N500,000, or even N1,000,000 and above. Would appreciate if someone would please respond to this very tricky requirement.

Migo

Am glad to be part of this thread, you guys have been so wonderful, my husband is actually the winner and doing a lot of research for him on this site.

We noticed that his surname was not spell correctly on his university certificate (e.g. correct names are Micheal Uche Okafor but was spell Micheal Uche Okafo) would this impose any problem during interview, secondly what is minimum bank balance for a family of 4.

pls help :mad:

DV 2007 -NIGERIA
CASE NUMBER: 2007AF00005XXX
NL RECEIVED: 29/03/2006.
NL DATED: 13/03/2006.
SENT BACK TO KCC:10/05/2006.
WAITING FOR 2ND LETTER