• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS260 unlock request

I'm not superstitious at all, but I think that entering this forum has given me the best luck in the world, I just received the email informing me that my DS 260 form has been unlocked, what a joy. Now what worries me is that when I send it, they will read the second email that I sent them on July 31 and they will unblock me again.
i can understand your feelings, i was glad too when i saw the email, i sent two email too, i don't know if they read the second they will unlock another time

I'm not superstitious at all, but I think that entering this forum has given me the best luck in the world, I just received the email informing me that my DS 260 form has been unlocked, what a joy. Now what worries me is that when I send it, they will read the second email that I sent them on July 31 and they will unblock me again.
They most likely will not but if they do, you just re-submit if you have no additional changes to make. Not a big deal.

Awesome!! Still haven’t unlocked mine but great they’re making progress.
Thanks for letting me know
don't worry they will unlock it for you, they responded to my second email the one i sent in 15 june and not my first im may, hope you best luck

Does anyone know if some errors on the DS-260 form can be corrected on the day of the interview?

Does anyone know if some errors on the DS-260 form can be corrected on the day of the interview?
They can all be corrected on the day of the interview. (This is how it was always done in the “old“ days of mailing paper forms.) However if any of the corrections are likely to be something that will affect your background check, it is advisable to unlock and update the form so as to prevent a possible delay if they are only updated at the interview.

They can all be corrected on the day of the interview. (This is how it was always done in the “old“ days of mailing paper forms.) However if any of the corrections are likely to be something that will affect your background check, it is advisable to unlock and update the form so as to prevent a possible delay if they are only updated at the interview.
The errors that I had were in the school grades, that I put them according to those of my country, and I think I should make them according to the United States educational system

The errors that I had were in the school grades, that I put them according to those of my country, and I think I should make them according to the United States educational system
That’s not what it asks you to do. It asks you to list the degrees or diplomas you actually got.

The CO will be aware of how your country education system maps to the US one.

Just a question - if you receive the 'submit documents' email, does it mean that the DS260 was processed?
Thank you!

On my DV-260 I listed the two email addresses I use. I just remembered that I have a few more I set up years ago (within the 5 year period) but haven't really used them since. Do you think it's worth unlocking my DV-260 to list them?

Hi SusieQQQ, my case is AS92xx as a single applicant
I received the DQ email from KCC yesterday but I’m getting married in January (the earliest we could schedule with other factors considered)

As per my calculations, I think my number will be current after February.
I am hoping to request KCC to unlock my DS 260 after I have the marriage certificate.

Do you think this will be risky and a chance for disqualification? Also at this point, should I ask KCC to unlock or should I directly converse with the embassy? Or should I go ahead with it as a single applicant and apply for my fiancé if and after I get the green card?

We have tried our best to bring forward the wedding date, but Jan is the earliest we could manage.

Thank you so much always for your support to all of us, along with BritSimon too!

Hi SusieQQQ, my case is AS92xx as a single applicant
I received the DQ email from KCC yesterday but I’m getting married in January (the earliest we could schedule with other factors considered)

As per my calculations, I think my number will be current after February.
I am hoping to request KCC to unlock my DS 260 after I have the marriage certificate.

Do you think this will be risky and a chance for disqualification? Also at this point, should I ask KCC to unlock or should I directly converse with the embassy? Or should I go ahead with it as a single applicant and apply for my fiancé if and after I get the green card?

We have tried our best to bring forward the wedding date, but Jan is the earliest we could manage.

Thank you so much always for your support to all of us, along with BritSimon too!
You’re going to have to unlock the DS260 to update your marital status regardless of whether or not you want to bring your new wife as a derivative. So you may as well just add her to the case while you’re doing it. If you think the wedding is too close to interview date you may want to unlock earlier so that you don’t get scheduled as single while you’re waiting.
what do you think the advantage of only applying after you have a green card might be? It’s much longer, much more expensive and much more complicated for no benefit. Either way you are getting married after selection or after a green card, in both cases you will be expected to show proof of a bona fide relationship.

You’re going to have to unlock the DS260 to update your marital status regardless of whether or not you want to bring your new wife as a derivative. So you may as well just add her to the case while you’re doing it. If you think the wedding is too close to interview date you may want to unlock earlier so that you don’t get scheduled as single while you’re waiting.
what do you think the advantage of only applying after you have a green card might be? It’s much longer, much more expensive and much more complicated for no benefit. Either way you are getting married after selection or after a green card, in both cases you will be expected to show proof of a bona fide relationship.
Thank you so much! I’ll email KCC to unlock my form right away