• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS260 unlock request

@SusieQQQ
Hi. Kindly help me address this issues.
I was told that the police certificate is valid for only 6 months and i was advised (by an officer in charge of its issuance) that I have to wait till kcc is getting close (not necessarily that my CN should be current) to my CN (2020AF56***) before I come for our police certificates. According to them, the CO may ask us to provide new ones if we get it earlier because the assumption is, we might have done something wrong during that period which the laws of the lands frown upon. Hence the need to prove again that we are clean. Per your experience, how did you go about the police certificate?
when should we apply for the police certificates?
Thanks

@SusieQQQ
Hi. Kindly help me address this issues.
I was told that the police certificate is valid for only 6 months and i was advised (by an officer in charge of its issuance) that I have to wait till kcc is getting close (not necessarily that my CN should be current) to my CN (2020AF56***) before I come for our police certificates. According to them, the CO may ask us to provide new ones if we get it earlier because the assumption is, we might have done something wrong during that period which the laws of the lands frown upon. Hence the need to prove again that we are clean. Per your experience, how did you go about the police certificate?
when should we apply for the police certificates?
Thanks

i did my case before documents had to be sent in advance, honestly, in your case I would just do another PCC if it’s required. The cost of that in terms of the entire process is not a lot. The US embassy is anyway supposed to accept PCCs for a year from date of issuance regardless of what the local expiry date is. See this extract

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

Hello, my spouse changed her job after we have submitted our DS-260 form. I have sent an e-mail to KCC and asked should I change the DS-260 or is it something I can tell the consular officer by the time I have the interview. The reply was that they recommend changing the DS-260. I have a case number of 17000+ so I think am not going to be current anytime soon since the same case number had cut-off in March for last year. Do you think would be risky to unlock the DS-260 in terms of delay or anything else? Do you recommend me to unlock and add the current job of my spouse or leave it as it is?

Hello, my spouse changed her job after we have submitted our DS-260 form. I have sent an e-mail to KCC and asked should I change the DS-260 or is it something I can tell the consular officer by the time I have the interview. The reply was that they recommend changing the DS-260. I have a case number of 17000+ so I think am not going to be current anytime soon since the same case number had cut-off in March for last year. Do you think would be risky to unlock the DS-260 in terms of delay or anything else? Do you recommend me to unlock and add the current job of my spouse or leave it as it is?

It's not risky, it's also not necessary.

@Britsimon
Hi,
I'm dv 2022 winner. Its been nearly a month that I've sent a request for unlocking Ds260 to KCC and yet I received no reply...
Should I send a reminder, or another request for unlocking my forms?
Thank you for your time.