DS260 unlock request

Those of you who have unlocked your DS260 forms; when you got the email reply from KCC that your form has been unlocked, did it contain the following phrase: "Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview."?

SusieQQQ

Those of you who have unlocked your DS260 forms; when you got the email reply from KCC that your form has been unlocked, did it contain the following phrase: "Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview."?
That’s a standard notification. It’s somewhere in the dvselectee pages that your selection letter links to, as well. Basically it’s both a request for people not to ask them if their case looks ok, and a warning for those people who think that just being scheduled for an interview means that someone has already checked their eligibility to get the visa.

hello Finwin,

How did you unlock your DS260?

Thank you!

hello Finwin,

How did you unlock your DS260?

Thank you!
I simply wrote them an email asking them to unlock my form. If you wanna unlock yours, remember to add to the email your full name, date of birth and your case number as it appears on your selection letter. Good luck on your DV process!

I simply wrote them an email asking them to unlock my form. If you wanna unlock yours, remember to add to the email your full name, date of birth and your case number as it appears on your selection letter. Good luck on your DV process!
I also unloked my DS form,and two times i did that before my interview. But i recomend to all that if you want to unlock your form,did that after your interview is sheduled - that way is no delay ( date stay the same). When you send KCC email for unlocking then may be a chance to delay interview. My advice do that when your case is in the embassy. My date didnt change when i did that :) ( case was in the embassy,and i simply called them to unlock my form to change something,but my date for interview they didnt change :) Good Luck to all :) :) :) :)

Britsimon

Super Moderator
I also unloked my DS form,and two times i did that before my interview. But i recomend to all that if you want to unlock your form,did that after your interview is sheduled - that way is no delay ( date stay the same). When you send KCC email for unlocking then may be a chance to delay interview. My advice do that when your case is in the embassy. My date didnt change when i did that :) ( case was in the embassy,and i simply called them to unlock my form to change something,but my date for interview they didnt change :) Good Luck to all :) :) :) :)
Actually that is not good advice for several reasons.

1. Unlocking doesn't cause delays.
2. Embassies dont always reply well, and KCC cannot unlock a case tgat is scheduled.
3. If the change you make is important enough, you actually want KCC to consider whether they need additional checks. If those are not performed, but are needed, that could cause delay or even denial at interview.

So, I'm glad it worked ok for you, but we would not want people to follow your suggestion.

Actually that is not good advice for several reasons.

1. Unlocking doesn't cause delays.
2. Embassies dont always reply well, and KCC cannot unlock a case tgat is scheduled.
3. If the change you make is important enough, you actually want KCC to consider whether they need additional checks. If those are not performed, but are needed, that could cause delay or even denial at interview.

So, I'm glad it worked ok for you, but we would not want people to follow your suggestion.
My mistake if this is wrong. I wrote this because i passed through this. Man who work in the Us Embassy told me that,and i followed his instruction,and all turned out okay for me :) I just wanted to write my experience,but if is a mistake im so sorry. Case was already in Embassy,not at KCC when i unlocked my form,and the embassy was checking after KCC is done i think? or not? Thank you Britsimon so much,and God Bless you <3 :)

Hello all. I sent KCC an email to unlock my DS260 and their reply was: We are unable to assist you with your request regarding case number 2019××××××××. The Kentucky Consular Center can see that your DS-260 has been submitted and you will have an opportunity to view and make any necessary changes to your DS-260 after your initial Diversity Visa interview at a United States Embassy or Consulate. If there are changes within the information of your DS-260, please carry all documentation with you to your interview. If you need to submit a new DS-260 for a new spouse or child, please contact the Embassy or Consulate where your interview will take place after you receive a scheduling confirmation letter through the Diversity Visa Entrant Status Check system. For changes to an existing DS-260, it is not necessary to contact the Embassy or Consulate in advance.

So this means that it's not possible to reopen the DS260?

SusieQQQ

Hello all. I sent KCC an email to unlock my DS260 and their reply was: We are unable to assist you with your request regarding case number 2019××××××××. The Kentucky Consular Center can see that your DS-260 has been submitted and you will have an opportunity to view and make any necessary changes to your DS-260 after your initial Diversity Visa interview at a United States Embassy or Consulate. If there are changes within the information of your DS-260, please carry all documentation with you to your interview. If you need to submit a new DS-260 for a new spouse or child, please contact the Embassy or Consulate where your interview will take place after you receive a scheduling confirmation letter through the Diversity Visa Entrant Status Check system. For changes to an existing DS-260, it is not necessary to contact the Embassy or Consulate in advance.

So this means that it's not possible to reopen the DS260?
Yes, means your interview is scheduled and the DS has been transferred to the consulate.