Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

Re: rljh

Amit, what do you mean by payroll ?? Anyway, if your company A agrees with you that they will respond to any RFE's on I-140 and they will not cancel your I-140 and if you have good relationship with your company A, then no problem, you can join company B after 180 days of filing of I-140 and 485..

But, if your company A is not happy that you are leaving their company, your company manager is pissed, they do not respond to any RFE's (now-a-days I there are lots of RFE's going on) then they your company A can cancel your I-140 and your I-140 will be denied..

I am not lawyer so ask others opinion too..

Originally posted by octFiler
rljh

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if i can join company B and still work for company A by running payroll with company A untill my i 140 gets approved?

Thanks,
Amit.

Amit,
I agree with dasarihp_newid. Even though your present employer agrees to respond RFEs , there is pretty good chance for the interview during 1-485 approval. You should be prepared to answer why you want to join again previous employer

Just a thought here regarding random approval of I-140s....

Perhaps USCIS, chooses the pretty straightforward cases for approval from each month and approves them and then piles up from each month, the "not so straightforward" ones in degree of "not so straightforwardness" ;) and sets them apart to be tackled later (talk about pro-castinators). That probably would explain why we have so many pending approvals from Aug Sept, Oct, Nov Dec while we are seeing a few Jan/Feb and March '04 approvals.

dasarihp_newid & rljh

dasarihp_newid & rljh , thanks a lot for answering my question. I agree with you guys, there are lot more rfe's these days than approvals, i guess i better stick to my old employer untill i get my 140 approved. I was seeing the other thread today and according to that for december filers there were 45 rfe's so far and only 5 approvals, looks like more than 90% of the cases have rfe's. Not a good sign to shift employers and be at risk i guess.

Thanks a lot once again guys, i reaaly appreciate all your help.

ps: when i said payroll i thought i can work for both the companies meaning i will join company B but will also work for company A untill I 140 gets approved and to continue working for company A, i would be in his payroll as well meaning he will pay me some nominal salary which i can give him in cash so that he can pay me back. But i guess all this is not worth the risk....

Dasarihp_newid or naanshi or senior members

Hi Guys,

I have received the FP notice last week, I am still waiting for I140(ND 21 oct) approval , 1485(ND 20 oct). Does FP have any significance, was it normal to get a FP notice at around this timeframe or is it fast. Does the FP notice means there is likely chance of I 485 being approved in an year or something?

Thanks in advanvce.

octfiler.

Received RFE Details.

1. Ability to pay
2. Details and Wages offered for other pending I-140 applications from My employer.

nanshi.

Re: Dasarihp_newid or naanshi or senior members

octfiler,

Does FP have any significance, was it normal to get a FP notice at around this timeframe or is it fast.

---> I think it is pretty abnormal why there was a flood of finger printing notice given to all the NSC members from those who filed I-485 between May 2003 till Dec 2003.. I do not know if they are going into some fast track lane in coming months for I0485 approvals !!!

Does the FP notice means there is likely chance of I 485 being approved in an year or something?

--> Accordign to some forum members, there are some, who got 2nd FP , 3rd FP notice also, so I think getting finger printing notice may not have any difference in I-485 approval.. I wish I am wrong, and i wish all those who got finger print notice within last 1-2 week gets I-485 approval soon .. :) .

Originally posted by octFiler
Hi Guys,

I have received the FP notice last week, I am still waiting for I140(ND 21 oct) approval , 1485(ND 20 oct). Does FP have any significance, was it normal to get a FP notice at around this timeframe or is it fast. Does the FP notice means there is likely chance of I 485 being approved in an year or something?

Thanks in advanvce.

octfiler.

City- District Office / Service Center???

I have 2 questions.

1)
I got FP on 04/13. I was asked to get them done at INS Memphis. Memphis falls under INS - Texas. But, my I-140/I-485 was filed at Nebraska.

Is my case has been transferred to INS Texas and that I should submit future applications to INS-Texas?

I hope not. INS-Texas is notorious for its slow processing.

2)
What is the significance of District Offices? For example, INS-Memphis. Apart from taking Finger Prints do they also process our 485 applications?

By the way, I have RFE from Nebreska on my I-140.

Guys !!!

I worked for 2 different companies in 2001 and I guess lawyer missed to mention one in the ETA 750 (Labor Certification Form).

Now since I am responding to my RFE.. Is that is going to be an issue? If yes then is there is any way to resolve that?

Guys !!!

I worked for 2 different companies in 2001 and I guess lawyer missed to mention one in the ETA 750 (Labor Certification Form).

Now since I am responding to my RFE.. Is that is going to be an issue? If yes then is there is any way to resolve that?

Guys !!!

Processing times of I-140/485/EAD

Hi,
My labor got approved recently and I have the option to file either in CA INS or Nebraska (as my company HQ is in CA and I work in WA). I need to find out the processing times for each center. Where can I find it? Which one is better.. please suggest.
Also when I look at the 'Processing times' in this site, it says that the EAD is being processed for PD of Nov 2003.. is this true.

Thanks

You can check the processing times for each center at USCIS site or in the Immigration.Com home site.

Good Luck in your choice.

CSC or NSC

Starter,
The published CSC processing time is much longer than the ppublished NSC processing time. However, you have to consider the recent announcements that CSC is starting a 90 day adjudication process for CSC EB2 concurrent filers. NSC has not officially announced any such program yet. I believe they will start one such program in the near future. When they start, NSC will be faster than CSC even within the 90 day period!
Talk to a very, very good lawyer about this decision. Average company lawyers dont bother to think out all these factors and most of them dont even keep uptodate with the way processing is occuring. Senior members in this fourm know more about the way the wind is blowing in the USCIS land than 90% of immigration lawyers in this country. So make sure you talk to really good lawyers who have contacts, have insights into the workings of USCIS.
ALL the BEST!

Dasari/Senior members

Dasari,

In your earlier reply to one of my questions you have replied the following

--------------------------------------------------------------
octfiler, what do you mean by payroll ?? Anyway, if your company A agrees with you that they will respond to any RFE's on I-140 and they will not cancel your I-140 and if you have good relationship with your company A, then no problem, you can join company B after 180 days of filing of I-140 and 485..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is, you said i can join new company but can i work on the EAD or should i ask the company B to sponsor new h1 ???

Please advice!!!

Thanks,
octfiler

EAD Approved

EAD ND : 23-FEB-2004
Approved : 20-APR-2004

My wife's EAD REF reply has been received by USCIS. how long will it take to process the RFE reply received by the USCIS on the EAD ?

EAD Approved / RFE on AP

EAD Approved
EAD ND : 23-FEB-2004
Approved : 20-APR-2004

My wife's EAD REF reply has been received by USCIS. how long will it take to process the RFE reply received by the USCIS on the EAD ?

There is RFE on my Wife's AP application, any idea what could be the RFE on AP ?

How long will it take to receive a receipt.

My attorny just filed my I-140/I-485 yesterday, and anyone knows that how long it will take to get a receipt.