Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

I140 and 3 yr degree

Has anyone with a 3yr bachelors degree been approved for I140.
I heard NSC is not accepting a combination of degrees as equivalent to a US bachelors.

A Sept 24, 2003 case with RFE reply date March 30, 2004, got approved on April 09, 2004. Just for your information.

nanshi.

rs74

As I mentioned earlier that one of my colleague's I-140 is rejected because of his 3yrs bachelor degree..

This is what he told me

"INS has changd its policy since july-August regarding the word equivalent in LC. I was reading in the forums in which i came across an INS document which specifically stated about this exact issue and INS-Nebraska center has changed its policy. Even for a couple of peoples appeals are rejected. So i dont think even any other lawyer would be able to do anything here."

DOL accepts work experience and other degree when equivalent meant, but INS these days dont accept it.

Originally posted by rseth123
rs74

As I mentioned earlier that one of my colleague's I-140 is rejected because of his 3yrs bachelor degree..

This is what he told me

"INS has changd its policy since july-August regarding the word equivalent in LC. I was reading in the forums in which i came across an INS document which specifically stated about this exact issue and INS-Nebraska center has changed its policy.

--- -----where is the link to that document that NSC changed the policy????? no lawyer has updted regarding this and AILA has not updated from where you got the info.
Even for a couple of peoples appeals are rejected. So i dont think even any other lawyer would be able to do anything here."

DOL accepts work experience and other degree when equivalent meant, but INS these days dont accept it.

-------NSC still accepts word equivalent in LC, 2 persons I personaly know got I-140 approved by NSC and on LC the form ETA750A had BS or equivalent , I-140 filing dates were between August and September 2003 and both I-140 got approved in first week of April 2004.
it all depends what is written in calumn 14, and 15 of ETA750A

one person has BS(3 year degree from India) + some other computer diploma from university, I-140 was filed in EB3
other person has BS degree (3 years) but also has MS degree in science and got I-140 approved in EB3

REF on EAD Reads as

Please can some tell me do i need to give just one document or all of them.

Also any enalrged xerox copy of the passport page will show some black shades. Is that a problem ? (she does not have any other identity info that shows the picture /name /date of birth)

The REF on the document reads as following.

"submit a copy of recent photo identity document showing your picture, name and date of birth. such document can be a copy of identity page from your passport, a copy of your employment authorzation document, a currne tdrivers licence, another type of photo ID with the same information and/or all of the above. If you cannot submit a clear black and white photocopy you may submit a color photocopy or your orginal documents (orginal documents will be returned to you upon completion of case). the identity document must clearly show you photograph and identity information. I - 94 cards will not be used for photo identity purpouses "

Nelabor,

You have to send any one of these documents which has photo, name and Date of Birth. Send color copy of Passport First page AND Color copy of Drivers license. That should be enough.

And please don't post the same question in all the threads. That will be confusing.

nanshi.

Is anybody who filed I-140 in July, August, September 2003, has four years Degree and works for an Employer who has more than 100 Employees, still waiting for Approval??

nanshi.

Re: RFE

I think it is 90 days.. I may be wrong, make sure with your lawyer..

Originally posted by jayam01
I received an RFE in I-140, can any one let me know within how many days we should reply back to the RFE

Guys,
I know this isn't the right place to post this....but since all of us are here at I-140 and have long way to go till we see 485 approvals, do you think we should send letters to NSC director to implement the pilot program that CSC has started. With this concurrently filed I-140 and I-485 applications will be processed completely in 90 days (which is far less than current 2-3 years).

Originally posted by srajuco
Guys,
I know this isn't the right place to post this....but since all of us are here at I-140 and have long way to go till we see 485 approvals, do you think we should send letters to NSC director to implement the pilot program that CSC has started. With this concurrently filed I-140 and I-485 applications will be processed completely in 90 days (which is far less than current 2-3 years).

Yes, That may be a good idea. No harm in trying.

Any comments???

nanshi.

I believe that the pilot program is only for EB2 cases filed concurrently.

naanshi/srajuco

what are your cases EB2 or EB3

Originally posted by srajuco
Guys,

Madhu,
Is there any rule or law, stating that pilot programme is only for EB2??? If they "really" want to reduce the backlog, they can extend to EB3, EB1 also.

By the way, mine is EB3 concurrent.

nanshi.

Nanshi/srajuco/All

I like to read full details on CSC pilot program. so, Please let me know details location.

Thanks,

Looks like my H1B 7th year extension is approved. I did not get the Receipt Notice till now. But from the cleared check, I got the LIN number. Unfortunately, the last digit of the LIN number is not clear. It may be 4 or 2. But Fortunately, both H1B cases (Last digit with 4 and 2) are approved. Just I am waiting for the confirmation from my attorney's office.

If last digit is 2 then it took 10 days for the 7th year H1B approval. If last digit is 4, then it took 15 days for the approval.

Forgot to mention, it is not Premium processing.

nanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by bcis
Nanshi/srajuco/All

I like to read full details on CSC pilot program. so, Please let me know details location.

Thanks,

here are the details (from murthy.com)

CSC Pilot Program on Concurrent Adjudication
Posted Apr 09, 2004

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on March 31, 2004 an upcoming, significant change in the manner and timing of the adjudication of most EB2 concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases by the California Service Center (CSC). The announcement advised that the USCIS will establish a pilot program at the CSC to actually adjudicate the I-140s and I-485s at the same time and that this will be significantly faster than the current process.

The announcement was made through CSC director, Don Neufeld, at an American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) liaison meeting. This pilot program will apply to all EB2 cases except National Interest Waiver (NIW) cases. If name checks and fingerprint clearances permit, the I-140s and I-485s will be adjudicated within 90 days of filing. The CSC will also attempt to contemporaneously adjudicate pending I-140s/I-485s, starting with previously filed concurrent EB2 cases, except NIWs. Though previously filed concurrent cases should be processed within one year under the pilot program, I-140 petitions not filed concurrently are not expected to experience much movement.

It is unclear exactly how the CSC is defining concurrently filed cases eligible for the program. Whether the program is limited to concurrently filed cases in which the I-140 was literally filed together with the I-485, or whether it includes cases in which the I-140 petition was filed alone but the I-485 was filed prior to the decision on the I-140, remains to be seen.

Although some people are concerned that adjudication of their previously filed I-485 cases may take longer with the establishment of this pilot project, it is a positive first step that the USCIS recognizes the problem of long-pending I-485s, and are attempting to improve processing times for all I-485 applicants by starting with this pilot project. We will monitor our CSC cases here at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, and seek information from others to detect any patterns. We will continue to watch for information on this new program to assess its value for our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers

here is the link : http://www.murthy.com/news/n_cscpil.html

Thanks Madhu,

It is a slight visibility.....each center is behaving differently. Y???
There is no common set of rules??

i was waiting almost 10 months for 140 in NSC..
140 RD 06/19/03
485 RD 02/01/04
RFE issue 03/03/04
RFE replied 03/09/04

When can i expect my approval?

Bad Luck, Naanshi..

I hope it will be the standard RFE's all the other members are getting (educaitonal evaluation, company financials and company's ability to pay, or may be since you are using labor substitution, it may be about skill/exp matching).

I hope you will be ready with the RFE reply and send it within 2-3 days of getting RFE.

Originally posted by naanshi
Got RFE today. Waiting for the details.

nanshi.

Thanks dasarihp_newid,
After seeing the RFEs for September Cases, I was expecting this. So No shock.

nanshi