Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

REF on EAD

On my wife's EAD application there is a REF, any clues what would be the REF on EAD

No updates on my EAD

Nelabor,
It should be nothing. Just for the color photos. Don't worry.

Looks like they are working Only on your cases.(Sending FP, Sending RFE on EAD, .....)

naanshi.

naanshi

The thing is we attached 6 sets of photos for me and 6 sets of color photos for my wife.

Anything else you think of

nelabor,

It is not the number of photos. It is the quality of the photos. Photos must be of the standard given by USCIS. Normally for EAD, the RFEs are for the Color Photos.

In your wife's case, another possibility may be the Marriage Certificate.

naanshi.

naanshi .. thanks

Thanks .. that give me a bit of relief.

Any idea what is going on in your EAD processing

Any feedback will be appreciated

Hi

As I posted earlier my I140 is approved but my rest of the applications for I485/AP/EAD INS keeps sending back to the Lawyer ... anybody has similar experience ???????

?????????????????? what might be the reason .

Re: naanshi .. thanks

Originally posted by nelabor
Thanks .. that give me a bit of relief.

Any idea what is going on in your EAD processing

I got my EAD on November 11, 2003. :D

If you mean I-140 approval then nothing So far. :(

Re: Any feedback will be appreciated

Originally posted by manisudan
Hi

As I posted earlier my I140 is approved but my rest of the applications for I485/AP/EAD INS keeps sending back to the Lawyer ... anybody has similar experience ???????

?????????????????? what might be the reason .

Looks like your lawyer did not connect all the petitions properly with your I-140 petition. Means he/she has to send the copy of I-140 receipt notice with all the applications. (Now your I-140 approval notice).

Or Some critical information like your name or I-94 number or SSN is given in I-140 is not properly matching with your I-485/I-131 and I-765 petitions.

or Somebody in USCIS does not know what they are doing.

As I always say, it is just my guessing. I may be completely wrong.

By the way Manisudan, send me some of your luck buddy.;)
(You got your I-140 approved in One month and I am waiting for nearly seven months like most of the people here).

naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
naanshi

Yes absolutely i ment 140 ... I hope you will get your approval soon.

how long does it take for us to receive what is on the RFE ?

Hello Everyone,

Question for experts:

Guys!! One of my colleagues I-140 is denied because he has 3 yrs of BSc. comp science from India instead of 4 yrs degree.

His RFE was about the companies financials and education evaluation.

So my question to you is that :

Is education is the only reason of denial or they didnt even bother to look at the companies financials

Seth,

They will go through all the documents, which were sent as the reply to the RFE.

Normally the denial letter will have all the reasons why the case was deined. If the case is denied only on Education Basis then I guess, there is no problem in the Financial Ability. Don't worry.

I am 85% of sure of this.

naanshi.

rseth123 and naashi

Does this mean that on 140 they do not care about the experience and the other dipolmas that has been considered for evaluation of education

Thanks Naanshi

Nelabour

Below are the exact words which INS quoted in his rejection letter

"For the record, it is noticed that the term 'equivalent' as used in the above paragraph and within the Block 14 of labor certification, is interpreted to mean a foreign, single-source degree that is equivalent to the completion of a baccalaureate program from an accredited institution within the US. Unlike H1-B criterion, a combination of education, training and experience cannot fulfill the baccalaureate degre requirements that are associated with a second preference designation".

rseth123 and naashi

Looking at the decision statement .. Everyone who has a 3 Year Degree from India will face a problem. For example i have a 3 year degree with 3 Years Diploma from NIIT and More than 8 Years of Experience as on the Labor Applied Date.

But the Eductional evaluator has made a determination that this can is like MS.

What does it mean by "second preference designation"

Does this create an issue ... I am confused seeing that statement/decision

Nelabor and Naanshi

This guy has around 10 years of Industry experience. So, I really dont know what to say but you guys can draw your own picture.

I am just sharing information with you people.

Thank you

Thanks a million Nanshi,

Best of Luck to you and all the other guys who are waiting for I140 approval.

AOS pending

Hi

When one's status is AOS pending. Is it after filling I485 or after getting the receipt date of I485?

Here is my situation.

My wife has applied for GC - she is currently on H4.
My 6th years of H1 expires on 14th april 2004. Even though our I485 application is applied on feb 29 2004, it has been resent twice already. unfortunately I am not eligible for 7th year extension.

What would be my status after 14thof april. by the way our lawyer is resending the I485 documents today.

Thanks

Manisudan,

If your petitions are received by USCIS on or before April 14, 2004, you will be O.K. Just make sure that your lawyer sends it today. Any way, after receiving I-140 approval, I won't worry about H1B status.

Waiting for another million from you. ( I mean Thanks):D :D

nanshi.

Re: AOS pending

Originally posted by manisudan
Hi

When one's status is AOS pending. Is it after filling I485 or after getting the receipt date of I485?

Here is my situation.

My wife has applied for GC - she is currently on H4.
My 6th years of H1 expires on 14th april 2004. Even though our I485 application is applied on feb 29 2004, it has been resent twice already. unfortunately I am not eligible for 7th year extension.

What would be my status after 14thof april. by the way our lawyer is resending the I485 documents today.

Thanks

Please post some thing about Not eligible for 7th year extension.

Is your LC age <12 months

Thank you

Thanks a [another] million Nanshi.

BCIS
I have not applied my labor But my wife did applied for it , and it's her GC in process , I am the benificiary so technicalliy I cannot go for 7th year extension.