Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

I140 waiting

Naanshi,

No approval, no RFE for me. My company has 70 employees. They are in Chicago.
My labour got approved pretty fast in 5 months.
I think they go by priority date which is pretty late for me since fast labour approval.
Maybe I have to wait for some more time

PD 3/27/03
RD 8/20/03
ND 8/25/03

QUESTION ABOUT PRIORITY DATE

What is significance of Priority Date. I know RD/ND etc but what is PD and does it reflected any where on receipt notice of 140/485/765 etc. Also if it is based on labor application, is it application submit data, approval date by State or final approval at Federal level. Can any one please elaborate on this. Thanks.

If they go by priority date then the labor I used was filed in Feb 2002 and mine should have been approved long back. People with Priority date after me are getting approved.

Originally posted by naanshi
If they go by priority date then the labor I used was filed in Feb 2002. People with Priority date after me are getting approved.

In my case labor was filed in July 2001, State approval in Oct 2002 and Federal approval in Jan 2003. 140 concurrent filed in March 2003 and no signs of approval or RFE after 13 months so which date is significant with NSC. I think it is only your luck and rest all is bogus.

I believe priority date does not play any role because I Know a EB3 case which got its labor cleared in 5 months and I140 in 3 months. every thing is pure luck.

Priority Dates..

Among numerous theories , PD is one of them. I think prior to the act in 1999 which allowed concurrent filing of I140 and I485 , priority date was the date your labour was filed and that was used to ensure that once your date became current you could file for I140 after your labor approval. They became irrelevant after that act and abolishing of the quota. Like all myths related to the whole BUREAUCRACY related to INS/USCIS priority date has it supporters and distractors. The whole process is random ,discretionary and there are no valid theories as to what and why. So forget forming theories as it is as illusive as the proof for Kepler Conjecture.

Finger Print Notice

naanshi and All your experts advice Please

i received a Finger Print Notice today and that too from Vermont Service center. Any idea what is going on with this 485 .. No updates on the web site. Also EAD/AP no updates ... no updates on 140 either

Confusing why this came from Vermont , why before EAD and 140 being pending

Any thoughts from Experts ....

Nelabor,
You got your FP Notice very early. Consider yourself as Lucky. When you deal with USCIS, you don't need any degree, education, experience or any job offer. You need ONLY luck, nothing else.

Looks like they are trying to process the whole thing at same time. (That is the real meaning of Concurrent Processing) . If my guessing is correct, you should get your greencard very soon.

But you filed in NSC and how did you get the letter from VSC?
I don't have any answer for that.

naanshi.

naanshi

That is a encouraging thought. But still i am confused what does it mean when you get the FP notice before even the EAD and 140 being approved

But my FP is from Vermont ... I live in Virginia does it make a difference ?

Any ideas what is going on

Last edited by a moderator:
nelabor,

what is ur RD/ND for I-485 ? I too got FP notice, my ND-02/17/2004, however EAD/AP got approved.

cocktail

My ND for 485/EAD/AP is 23-FEB-2004. But my FP is from Vermont ... I live in Virginia does it make a difference ?

naanshi

naanshi
That is a encouraging thought. But still i am confused what does it mean when you get the FP notice before even the EAD and 140 being approved

But my FP is from Vermont ... I live in Virginia does it make a difference ?

Any ideas what is going on

"But my FP is from Vermont ... I live in Virginia does it make a difference"

That makes little sense. I think this is normal. Do you know whether your file is transfered or not?

By the way, last weekend I was in Vienna, VA.

naanshi

If the file is transferred does it mean that a new RD/ND will be given ... what will happen to the LIN number given at NSC for 485.

So far the file has not been transfrred to VSC according to the online status. if the 485 file is transferred what will happen to the EAD/AP processing.

If the notice for FP is received does it mean initial stage of review of the other documents for 140/EAD/AP are in good shape ?

"Good to know you were in VA, i am in Fairfax VA, we should meet some time"

There could be multiple notices for FP

The procedure to send out FP notices varies from center to center. For e.g. in Texas, FP notices are sent only after the I485 case is thoroughly processed. After the FP notice, the GC comes usually in 4-6 months in Tex.
However there are other centers where the FP notices are sent multiple times, if the I485 adjudication has not moved considerably over a period of time. (The whole notion of taking multiple finger prints is stupid since a person's finger print is not expected to change over a period of 1-2 yrs).
As regards to the notice coming from VSC instead of NSC, it would be interesting to see if NSC automatically routed your case to VSC since the applicant may have had or has residence in that jurisdiction.
My 2 ( finger ) pence.

I have couple of friends who were Fingerprinted a year ago in Texas and they are still waiting for decisions on their 485's...

Although I do agree the process may vary from center to center, I mean in terms of timing and processing, the basic process of FP & re-fingerprinting remains the same.

Originally the Fingerprintes used to be valid for a year or so, but within a year I485 normally never gets a decision.... So guys are re-fingerprinted....Medical Checkup was same, but that got modified by a law which is renewed anually by BCIS...

From last year or so, BCIS kind of formed a policy / process where they will fingerprint only when I485 is nearing maturity/being decisioned..

I am not sure why you got FP notice so early but that is good news anyways...You are 1 step closer

Also cases do not get transferred from on center to another without any good reason (area of residential jurisdiction is not good enough reason to transfer the case....if that was good enough reason, BCIS would have never let you file 485 on any other center except area of your residential jurisdiction..)

One final thing on FP - If someone's I140 is approved and 485 is pending, he/she can walk into BCIS office and demand to be get fingerprinted (Ofcourse you might have to schedule an appointment....)

----registrationid-----

There could be multiple notices for FP
The procedure to send out FP notices varies from center to center. For e.g. in Texas, FP notices are sent only after the I485 case is thoroughly processed. After the FP notice, the GC comes usually in 4-6 months in Tex.
However there are other centers where the FP notices are sent multiple times, if the I485 adjudication has not moved considerably over a period of time. (The whole notion of taking multiple finger prints is stupid since a person's finger print is not expected to change over a period of 1-2 yrs).
As regards to the notice coming from VSC instead of NSC, it would be interesting to see if NSC automatically routed your case to VSC since the applicant may have had or has residence in that jurisdiction.
My 2 ( finger ) pence.

nelabor,

like some lucky guys who got I-140's within one month, may be you are also lucky in getting your I-485 cleared in next 2-3 months after your finger printing...

The transfer of your case to vermont suggests that, the have picked your case for approval and found that you are currently living in vermont region and they transfered it..

this is my guess..

Have any of you guys whose i-140 cases were approved in last one month got approval notices ? I am trying to find how many days it will take for the lawyers to recieve the I-140 approval notices..

I need to leave my current company soon, but would like to wait till the actual approval notice comes,

Anyone there ?

Re : I140 approved

Hi all

NSC I140/485/765/131 filed concurrent : 02/28/2004
NSC sent back I485/765/131 : 03/18/2004
with reasons that applications can not match
RD for I 140 03/08/2004
Lawyer sent the rest of applications : 03/20/2004
Approved I140 as of : 04/08/2004
NSC sent back I485/765/131 with same reason as "petition or application can not be matched "

Can Ginnu /naanshi or any experts can shed light on this,as what might be the reason for NSC doing it again and again.

Thanks