Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

RFE

Hi Nanashi..
Sorry to hear about RFE in your case. As per as I think ,it seems that Nebraska Center has been doing that often recently. Whats your RD or ND?

nanshi,
sorry about RFE...bad to see this outcome after waiting patiently for so long..
any idea as to why an RFE was issued for?
-Did u have labor sub?
-Was it a 3 yr degree + exp?
-Was it just B.E degree in India?
-If u have a grad degree in US, was it in a field other than the one u r working in?
What is ur attorney's advice?

Hi
I am also got the RFE Today, after a long long waiting. Updated Today only so no additional information i need to wait until i get the exact information about the RFE.

RFE
Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
Current Status:
On April 13, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Thanks,
Shekar PC

:eek:

Originally posted by registrationid
nanshi,
sorry about RFE...bad to see this outcome after waiting patiently for so long..
any idea as to why an RFE was issued for?
-Did u have labor sub?
-Was it a 3 yr degree + exp?
-Was it just B.E degree in India?
-If u have a grad degree in US, was it in a field other than the one u r working in?
What is ur attorney's advice?

1. Yes, Mine is Labor Substitution.
2. I have B.E Computer Science with M.E (EEE)
3. Have around 10 years Experience (6 years in USA) and Working in the Same Field only.

I suspect that the RFE is for Company Financial Ability. And also may be some thing regarding my earlier I-140 /I-485 denial. But I am not sure.

Let us see.

nanshi.
ND:Sept 24, 2003
EB3-RIR Concurrent.

I140 RFE

Naanshi, Shekarpc

Atleast you guys got an RFE. So there is some hope.
Me and chanderjoshi have been waiting since July,August with no change in status.
My company has about 70 employees and they say that all their I140s are taking 8 - 10 months.
It appears they have also been audited by INS.
Is this a reason that my I140 is stuck

:D :D :D

Nanshi and shekarpc

Lets take your RFE in the positive way. There is some movement in your case, which is a good sign. as the nebraska service center is concentrating on september cases they would make a quick decision after they receive your response to the RFE.

All my best wishes are with you

Please help

I filed I140 and I485 concurrently in September 2002 through a lawyer. Then I got laid off from the company. I found a new job and applied labor again. I got my old I140 approved in June 2003. I filed my new I140 through another lawyer in October 2003. I am still waiting for the new I140 approval. Now I found the online status of my I485 got a REF. I do not know what it is yet. Any suggestions on what I can do will be appreciated.

Please suggest

Hi everyone,

I am new to site.
I wanted to explain my condition and I was really tensed about this, please advice me if you know some data.

These are the details for my I140.
RD: 09/22/03
ND:09/15/03
two weeks back my employer informed that he has to close the company by this month end as he got orders from Labour department.
He told me that my I140 will get rejected and chances are nill and asked me to move to another company and start my GC process again. I don't have much time as my 6th year will be completing in three months.
My lawyer told me that I won't have any problem until I get a rfe.
By reading your discussions I came to know that the sept cases are on and lot of rfe's are coming. I am still waiting.
My question is Will my company condition will be a problem for 140 approval?
can I do something to save my 140?
If I get a rfe before my company closes will it be okay?
and what if I get rfe after he closes.
I am planning to apply another GC but my time is very short
Please suggest me and thanks in advance.

Advice needed

Hi,

Can anybody please advice me on the follwing.

I have ND for i140 as 21 oct from company A, i am waiting for my 140 approval, meanwhile i got an offer for a permanant position from company B. By april 21st i will be completing my 6 months since i have applied for 140 & 485. can i change my employer at this point of time with out my 140 being approved yet? Can i just join the company B now and still run the payroll at company A untill my 140 gets approved. Is this going to be a risky proposition? My wife is also working on the work permit i got from my employer A. Please advice me as of what you think of my situation.

Thanks in advance.

octfiler.

PTDC

Does any body know how 4 year BE (PTDC) is considered? My education evaluation clearly says as follows
Mr. XXX ‘s Degree of bachelor of engineering is equivalent to Bachelor degree in electronics engineering from an accredited university in United States.

Thanks in adance.

Oct Filer,
AC21 portability cannot be used unless I-140 Approved. Only chance is that your present employer should support I-140 for future employment.
Please check with legal professional. I am not an attorney or any legal professional.

Originally posted by naanshi
1. Yes, Mine is Labor Substitution.
2. I have B.E Computer Science with M.E (EEE)
3. Have around 10 years Experience (6 years in USA) and Working in the Same Field only.

I suspect that the RFE is for Company Financial Ability. And also may be some thing regarding my earlier I-140 /I-485 denial. But I am not sure.

Let us see.

nanshi.
ND:Sept 24, 2003
EB3-RIR Concurrent.

Nanshi,

May be some details which project you working on/wage....As per our earlier discussion on substitute cases? And present officer is issuing RFE’s on most of the cases?
Any way …..Hope for best

Bcis,
Thanks for the info. I just talked to my attorney's office and they informed me that almost all the cases are getting RFE now.

nanshi.

naanshi

Any update of what is the REF about .. Hope it is a simple one. Any idea what dates they are processing for 140

Nelabor,
Waiting for the details. Looks like they are processing September 2003 cases now.

nanshi.

Originally posted by madhu69
Nanshi and shekarpc

Lets take your RFE in the positive way. There is some movement in your case, which is a good sign. as the nebraska service center is concentrating on september cases they would make a quick decision after they receive your response to the RFE.

All my best wishes are with you

Thanks Madhu.

rljh

rljh

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if i can join company B and still work for company A by running payroll with company A untill my i 140 gets approved?

Thanks,
Amit.

Re: Please suggest

It is very unfortunate but you may/may not get RFE. If you get RFE, then there is no way to save the I-140.. If approved then you are fine,

I heard that you can use your previously approved labor's priority date for your 7th year extension. I don't know how that works.. I think the other way is to get into a company that can get you approved labor and apply for I-140 and 485, and use that for 7th year extension. I see that is the only way you can continue to stay in USA if your I-140 gets and RFE..

If you get RFE before your company closes, then replying to your RFE before the company closes may not help. If you get RFE after your company closes, then there is no way you can reply without company's existence.. The RFE for "company's ability to pay" means, the company has the ability to pay once you get your green card.. and your company owner cannot give you a flase letter knowingly that the company is getting closed or is closed..

I am not a lawyer, so ask more people and decide..

Originally posted by PC140
Hi everyone,

I am new to site.
I wanted to explain my condition and I was really tensed about this, please advice me if you know some data.

These are the details for my I140.
RD: 09/22/03
ND:09/15/03
two weeks back my employer informed that he has to close the company by this month end as he got orders from Labour department.
He told me that my I140 will get rejected and chances are nill and asked me to move to another company and start my GC process again. I don't have much time as my 6th year will be completing in three months.
My lawyer told me that I won't have any problem until I get a rfe.
By reading your discussions I came to know that the sept cases are on and lot of rfe's are coming. I am still waiting.
My question is Will my company condition will be a problem for 140 approval?
can I do something to save my 140?
If I get a rfe before my company closes will it be okay?
and what if I get rfe after he closes.
I am planning to apply another GC but my time is very short
Please suggest me and thanks in advance.

RD : 09/22/03
ND: 09/15/03

Can anyone approximately tell me when does my 140 gets approved or rfe?
What are the processing dates in Sep for 140?