Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

Re: How long will it take to receive a receipt.

Originally posted by yuren
My attorny just filed my I-140/I-485 yesterday, and anyone knows that how long it will take to get a receipt.

it might take anywhere between 1 week to 10 days to get the receipt. you can also find the receipt number on the back of the check used as the payment instrument.

Re: EAD Approved / RFE on AP

Is your case Conc or Non Conc? EB type? please let me know.
My RD/ND for EAD is 02/04/04 .........just waiting.....

Originally posted by nelabor
EAD Approved
EAD ND : 23-FEB-2004
Approved : 20-APR-2004

My wife's EAD REF reply has been received by USCIS. how long will it take to process the RFE reply received by the USCIS on the EAD ?

There is RFE on my Wife's AP application, any idea what could be the RFE on AP ?

Bcis

My Category was EB2 , Concurrent Filing. My EAD got approved on 23-APR-2003. Recived the Card yesterday. My Wifes EAD, AP got REF's on recent Photographs. Replied to EAD RFE. Attorney is sending reply to AP RFE Today.

Received FP notice for 05/11/2004

Any updates on Your case ? what dates are they processing my 140 RD is 31-oct-2003 pending .. Waiting .... Waiting .. Not sure what is going on ...

Are I-140/I-485/AP/EAD receipts issued together or seperately.

I just wonder whether those receipts are issued together or seperately . I filed those together on Apr 26. No receipts so far.

Yuren

I had bad experience with receipt as Nebraska center didn't send me the notices for 4 weeks .After almost month they sent back the whole package with I485/I765/I131 saying that Original petition I140 doesn't match.

Finally when we submit, INS had sent receipt in 7 days.It delayed entire procedure for almost month and half.

So either check your bank checks used to track or call them in another 2 weeks.To answer your question I received my receipts in seperate envelop for each application at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
any recent i 140 approvals ?

has anyone heard of any i140 approvals recently from nebraska ? and well on a more optimistic side any concurrent files approved. where is NSC with regards to these dates and has any one heard of any approvals in may after they are suppose to start adjudicating concurrent processing.

please let us know.

thanks

My Labor got certified on Friday. How many days will it take to get the Approval Letter from Chicago DOL saying that your labor has been approved?

Thanks

It took about a week for my attorney to get the receipt.

It took about a week for my attorney to get the receipt.

Thanks a lot, Yuren. I appreciate it.

Could you please tell me whats the next steps now after LC is approved? (I know its I-140 and I-485, but can you tell me a little bit more in detail about the process involved) I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

You should ask your attorny what you should prepare.

Those are the docs my attorny requested.

Company side:
1> Financial report
2> Salary proof

My side:
1>Birth Certificates
2>Marriage certificate
3>Passports
4>Form I-94
5>Copies of any immigration documents, prior approvals, 6>change of status, employment authorization, I-20, I-94s.
7>Transcripts and diplomas (if we don't already have these).
8>Copies of driver's licenses (color if possible).

Also, you can start to schedule your health check since it will take a week.

Sooner is better.

I am new to this forum. I just got my LC approved. I read some postings on this forum and people are talking about the new memo and the old memo. What is this about and what is the difference between them?

Thanks

Hi,

I am collecting the documents to apply for my I-140/I-485.

I read somewhere in the forum that I should get copies of some documents photo-copied in color. Can you please give me the list of the documents whose copies I should get in color?

Thank you,

Generally, those documents you are going to show as identification should be color copies (E.g. Driver license, Visa stamp etc..) otherwise you may get RFE (for clear copies)

My 140 has been approved.
RD:3/15/2004
AD:5/12/2004
Non-concurrent
By the way, can I let my friend use my approval 140 to continue with 485? My husband got approval on 140 too, and our 485 is based on his 140. Thanks.

iknowitall said:
has anyone heard of any i140 approvals recently from nebraska ? and well on a more optimistic side any concurrent files approved. where is NSC with regards to these dates and has any one heard of any approvals in may after they are suppose to start adjudicating concurrent processing.

please let us know.

thanks

is it a concurrent file and did u get fp ?

hellokitty

is ur application a concurrent file (140 and 485 together ?) and did u get fp yet ?

what is was ur service center hellokitty ?

what this means is that they are still processing non concurrent files seperately and before concurrent files. because my concurrent file RD is in feb 2004 and nothing yet on that . the concurrent files just have to take a back seat i guess for now till everything in their 485 is approved and checked out.

For the Medical exam, if I have taken the vaccinations in India will a letter from the doctor in India saying that I have taken the vaccinations in India be enough or will I have to take the vaccinations all over again over here?

Please let me know.

Thanks,