Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

Shah007,

You can get a Indian Doctor certified copy and you should be fine.

I did the same.

yedati

I filed 140 non-currently in NSC since my 485 was filed last year based on my husband's 140 case. He got 140 approved last month. So we will do fingerprint soon. I know NSC will launch the new program to process the cases, but I really doubt if they started it.

iknowitall said:
hellokitty

is ur application a concurrent file (140 and 485 together ?) and did u get fp yet ?

Yedati,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any form for vaccinations which I need to ask my doctor in India to fill out or should I just ask him to write the list of vaccinnes which I took on his letterhead?

If its a form which form is it? OR If its just a letter which I should take from him what should be the content of the letter.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Yedati,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. Should the "list on the doctors letterhead" letter be sealed and stamped by my doctor in India and then mailed to me to give to the doctor herd? Or will the doctor here seal it and stamp it?

Its a bit confusing because even if the doctor in India seals and stamps the letter, the doctor here will open it to see it. So wont the immigration people feel that the letter of vaccinations from india was not sealed or stamped from there?

Please let me know and once again thanks a lot for your help.

Shah007,

the doctor in india need not have it sealed. Well it depends on the immigration doctor you r going to here. Tell him the situation and ask him how he wants it. the one I went to is from Virginia and he just took a look at it and gave back to me.
hope this helps.

yedati

I work in MD. My company's headquarters is in Kansas. So I filed my LC from Kansas (DOL was Chicago) and it was recently approved.

Which center should I be filing my I-140/485 from? NSC or VSC? and why?

Please do let me know what you all think about it.

Thank you,

When will UCIS send out the email notification? Will it happen only when your case status is changed, or whenever they have worked on your case? Also, what's the email address they use to send email? My Email has auto-filter to filter junk email, and I am afraid that those emails from them will be auto-filled.

Hi,

I'm about to join a company which is processing my labor. Once the labor is approved, I will join the company. How long do I have to wait for applying the 140 & 485 after joining. Do I have to wait to submit the paystubs for few weeks? If I apply immediately without any paystubs, does it have any effect on the applications. Please let me know.

Thanks,
cooldude2k4.

I 140 approved ND Jan 16th

Gurus, I would appreciate any feedback

EB2/I 140/I 485 Concurrent
ND:16th Jan 2004
FP: 18th May 2004 -Done today
To my utter surprise I found out that I 140 was approved yesterday i.e. 17th May 2004.

So say the least I am not complaining, any approval from INS is always welcome :), but my concern/question is that now since my I 140 is already approved what will happen to my 485? Will it be the regular 2 yr wait? Any inputs, comments

To my utter surprise I found out that I 140 was approved yesterday i.e. 17th May 2004.

So say the least I am not complaining, any approval from INS is always welcome :), but my concern/question is that now since my I 140 is already approved what will happen to my 485? Will it be the regular 2 yr wait? Any inputs, comments

rock369 said:

since you had filed concurrently and your 140 was processed just yesterday it should have come under 140/485 concurrent processing and you should be lookin forward to the 485 approval also soon after your fp and name check go through. now because your 485 is not ready for approval they could take another path also i hope they dont just forget about the 485 and leave it with the other backlog.

in any case an approval is good news and you could be one of the first fews to get 485 adjudicated also soon with 140 so just hope for that.

USCIS's view on Financial ability of the emlpoyer

05/14/2004: USCIS View on I-140 and Financial Ability to Pay
(source:-immigration-law.com)
On May 5, 2004, we reported the USCIS memo on RFE and denials. This memo is stirring quite a controversity in the immigration lawyers community. However, when it comes to the bright-line standards for proof of financial ability pay, this memorandum gives employers a good guidance. According to the memo, when one of the following three conditions are met, USCIS should not deny I-140 on the financial ability to pay issue:
(1) Net Income: The petitioner's net income is equal to or greater than the proffered wage. Or
(2) Net Current Assets: The petitioner's net current assets are equal to or greater than the proffered wage. Or
(3) Employment of the Beneficiary Paying the Proffered Wage Salary: The Petitioner is currently employing the beneficiary at the rate of proffered wage.
Accordingly, the companies whose financial picture shows minus(-) income are qualified to file I-140 petition if the alien beneficiry currently working on H-1B and paid the wage which is shown in the labor certification application by submitting W-2 and/or State Employer Quarterly Returns. If it cannot establish the financial ability through the net income or salary paid to the alien beneficiary, then employer will have to use the net current assets to overcome the problem inasmuch as the employer can demonstrate ownership of the assets.
Considering the recent trend of the Service Centers denying en masse I-140 petitions on financial ability to pay issue, this memo at least gives a bright-line test for the issue of threshold.

rock369 said:

USCIS said it clearly that if the I140 was approved and I485 is pending, he/she will not get concurrently adjudicate. At least you can use AC21 to change the same job. I don't understand why USCIS only approved I140. USCIS said that after April 30, 2004, if the I140 has not been approved and I485 is pending, they will adjudicate both at the same time. Maybe it is a mistake to approve only I140.

gcsuffer said:
USCIS said it clearly that if the I140 was approved and I485 is pending, he/she will not get concurrently adjudicate. At least you can use AC21 to change the same job. I don't understand why USCIS only approved I140. USCIS said that after April 30, 2004, if the I140 has not been approved and I485 is pending, they will adjudicate both at the same time. Maybe it is a mistake to approve only I140.

it sure is wierd to approve a concurrent filed case with only one application but well he just got fp'd yesterday so may be they should have waited for the name check and fp to clear.

wonder whats the policy at nsc.

iknowitall said:
it sure is wierd to approve a concurrent filed case with only one application but well he just got fp'd yesterday so may be they should have waited for the name check and fp to clear.

wonder whats the policy at nsc.

I am praying. I hope the USCIS won't make a mistake on my case and I will get the card and have 'freedom', no more slave.

Any Updates

Any updates on what dates they are processing 140 (RD 31-OCT-2003) cases. I completed my FP on 05/11/2004. Any idea when my 140 will get processed ?? Still waiting

I-140 approvals

Hey I have been trying to figure out what happened to 140's of the Sept filers'? Nanshi and the other folks who had EAD, what is your status?

Geez! I feel like Rip-Van-Winkle awake after a long sleep!! :D :D :D

I-140 (experience letters)

Friends,

Please help me, I need to know if I have to submit all of my experience letters that I mentioned in resume when submitting the labor. For example, so far I have worked with 5 companies(3 in US and 2 in India) but I don't have experience letter with 1 company that i worked in US. I do have paystubs, and other docs such as performance letters issued by my manager and some HR docs. The company is closed and my co-workers are not in touch with me. Please help me how to overcome this situation.

Appreciate your great help!

ciril99.