Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

nsc_sufferer

Employer Y has now filed I140 application after getting labor approved for me. Will this affect my I140/I485 processing and/or approval.

----- I don’t see any problems if Y filed I-140 and I-485
----------- Did you apply EAD AP with I-485? If not then apply EAD , AP once you get I-485 filing receipt
Try to maintain H1 status till the date your I-140 gets approved, File H1 extension before I-94 expiry date, if hitting 6 year H1 then you can apply 7th year H1 extension based on pending I-485

Hi naanshi

Naanshi,

Has anyone got EAD along with the receipt that you are aware of. Also wanted to just have a thought if anyone on this thread for whom the receipt was delayed for 2 Months.

Re: All 485/AP/EAD

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by nelabor
All 485/AP/EAD

Received information from My Attorney that contact at INS left a message for our attorney saying that your
application had been misplaced but it was recovered and is in the hands of an adjudicator now.

Any idea how long will it take to get the receipt from Here on
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May be within a Week.

Within a week for USCIS to issue the Receipt from USCIS. You may get within two weeks.

Sometimes, You may get your EAD also with your receipt notice.

Last edited by naanshi on 18th February 2004 at 08:11 PM

question on I140 RFE response

Could anyone answer my question?

My lawyer replied the RFE on my I-140 on feb4th. I thought it usually approved with in a week. It took more than 2 weeks now and no change in status. Could you please shed some light on this.

"Naanshi,

Has anyone got EAD along with the receipt that you are aware of. Also wanted to just have a thought if anyone on this thread for whom the receipt was delayed for 2 Months. "

**** Nelabor, I feel that your case is little different, because USCIS had misplaced your file and that was the reason why I told you that you may get your EAD also with your receipt. In 2003, I know some people got receipt notice after 2 months also.

Re: question on I140 RFE response

Originally posted by chinj
Could anyone answer my question?

My lawyer replied the RFE on my I-140 on feb4th. I thought it usually approved with in a week. It took more than 2 weeks now and no change in status. Could you please shed some light on this.

Some times the Officer will clear the RFE case immediately, when they receive the reply. Some times they will come back to the RFE cases once the fresh cases are over, may be after two three weeks. So nothing to panic at this time. And I don't think all the RFE cases are getting approved within a week, after receiving the reply. May 50% of cases.

By the way, Do you know how many employees are in your company and gross amount?

naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi naanshi

What do you think, in max of 2 weeks (Which is 2.5 Months since we sent to NSC) atleast i should get my receipt atleast.

Praise God - It's approved

Friends,

My I-140 was approved today. The following are the details.

Category : EB3 - CP
Case # : LIN-04-001-5XXXX
ND : October 1st, 2003
RD : Ocotber 1st, 2003
NO RFE's

I was really surprised to see the approval. I checked last week and the case was not approved. But as I was going though the forum today, someone inidcated that there were approvals for October cases.

I though to check the Online status and found out that my case was approved.

Thanks to fellow forum members and especially to dbsraju. The suggestion he gave me when filing for my 140 definitely helped. I hope his case also gets approved soon.

DBSRAJU - Thanks once again for your help. All the best to other forum members.

DA.

Hi All

I just joined this elite group of I-140 seekers. My ND is Sep 24, any guess when I can get I-140 approved.

Congrats jalabalajings

Congrats on your 140 approval. Now is the time to wait in CP queue!!

Surprisingly, I saw some 140 approvals filed on 8th October today. I got these numbers when I ran the Excel scanner for 04008 range.

It seems the heat is back!!

Surprising to see a Oct 1st approval. I am still waiting here with ND/RD Aug 15th. Any reason for the delays. I am sure there are a couple of other folks waiting around the same receipt date.

Any news from nash140/lonelypoet?

bsk2,

No news so far but we can expect approvals sometime this week, the Oct approvals you are seeing are CP or some rare cases of EB1/EB2 random approvals..

Damnit

I just joined this elite group of I-140 seekers. My ND is Sep 24, any guess when I can get I-140 approved
----- Before March end if no RFE

Originally posted by ginnu
nsc_sufferer

Employer Y has now filed I140 application after getting labor approved for me. Will this affect my I140/I485 processing and/or approval.

----- I don’t see any problems if Y filed I-140 and I-485
----------- Did you apply EAD AP with I-485? If not then apply EAD , AP once you get I-485 filing receipt
Try to maintain H1 status till the date your I-140 gets approved, File H1 extension before I-94 expiry date, if hitting 6 year H1 then you can apply 7th year H1 extension based on pending I-485

Hi Ginnu, Thanks for your response. I will try to maintain H1 till I140 is through. The concern I am having is that I started working for current employer on the basis of I129 receipt using portability law and I worked for 4 months and 27 days before I got I129 approved, though my I94 and Visa stamping was valid throughout. Is there any time limit to continue working using portability and is my period within that time period.

Thanks once again for the reply

what is going on with the "Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability" category ????

It is just not moving .... any body know anything ?

My I-140 has been pending since May 2, 2003 !

bsk2, lots of approvals yesterday for 8/15 , I just ran my scanner today morning.. check if are also a lucky one.. if not, may be yours may get approved in a day or two..

140 Approved

140 Approved

dasarihp_newid,

I have been the lucky one, my case was approved yesterday.. I guess the site was updated this morning...
Thanks to you all of you guys..
Naanshi.. the bottle will be opened today..

bsk2.. probably you will too soon..