Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

I-140 RFE

Nanshi,

My lawyer replied the RFE on my I-140 on feb4th. I thought it usually approved with in a week. It took more than 2 weeks now and no change in status. Could you please shed some light on this.

Thanks

naanshi,
dasarihp_newid,
karapra

Thanks for your suggestions.I did call USCIS 1-800 number.First call I didn't get good response
but on second call ,another lady took my details and said she'd send the details to NEbraska center have them send me the copy of the 1-140 receipt.

karapra,

Intelligently,my employer sent me back the checks written by me and might have sent his own checks for the applications.

Anyways thanks to you all for the suggestions.I hope to get the copy of the receipt soon.

naggi/robocop104/Naashi

What does this mean National Interest Waiver category ? Is this the normal EB2 or something different. If different how .. Can someone explain what is this

nelabor
For NIW you can visit the site below or many other lawyer sites and can seach for NIW( National Intrest Waivers) it is difficult to get I-140 approved under NIW it requires lot of evidence to be submitted and lot of support letters.
http://shusterman.com/niw.html

NIWs are technically for people with "Exceptional Ability in the Arts, Sciences and Business", normally for say PhD holders/Scientists/Economists/Authors and so on...
And they are usually exempt from Labor Certification but have to "literally" prove their worth when they apply for i-140s.
The quota is much lesser than Eb-2/3...

Hmmm...may be we all might need to get a PhDs to get our i-140s approved !! :)

Suddenly the sunset is so beautiful...

My beloved friends, my i-140 finally got cleared on the 20th of Feb 2004

Firstly, I would like to express my heart felt thanks and express my profound gratitude to all of you who have been supporting me.
My details are

Receipt Number: LIN0324351xxx
Receipt Date: Aug 13th 2003
Notice Date: Aug 13th 2003
Approval Date: Feb 20th 2004
Category EB-3 (Skilled worker or professional)

I have been under so much of pressure since the last 2 weeks waiting for this. I have been to the temple at least 4 times, prayed numerous gods and deities. And I must say some one heard my prayers.
I would wish that every one waiting (at least the ones who filed in Aug and Sept) get their cases approved too, and I would pray for everyone.

At last I can dream of some freedom, by not letting myself being squeezed by my employer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to Atlanta temple today. Can you exactly tell me which deity, you prayed to? Let me also try:D :D

Just Kidding. Congrats Naggi!!!

Nash140, you are next!!!!

nanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
The official soothsayer has spoken! ;) ;)

Originally posted by naanshi
I am going to Atlanta temple today. Can you exactly tell me which deity, you prayed to? Let me also try:D :D

Just Kidding. Congrats Naggi!!!

Nash140, you are next!!!!

nanshi.

I140 filling

Hi Guys,

I need to file my I-140 and choosing CP. Do I need to fill any additional forms (except I-140) at this time for CP. I read on this forum that you need G-29 can somebody please tell where to find this form or I just wait to hear from NVC.

If somebody can also clarify this, I do not have a birth certificate, i have an affidavit from parents, is that enough or something else is required.

Thanks

I need to file my I-140 and choosing CP.
----- You don’t file I-140 it is filed by employer and employer sign the I-140 just inform your employer or lawyer that your I-140 should be filed with CP option and tell them the US consulate where you would like to appear for CP interview
Do I need to fill any additional forms (except I-140) at this time for CP?
---- You don’t need to fill up any form
I read on this forum that you need G-29 can somebody please tell where to find this form or I just wait to hear from NVC.
form G28 is for lawyer to represent you or your employer, once I-140 for CP is approved then the I-140 is sent to NVC and NVC sends notice to you and sends your file to consulate
If somebody can also clarify this, I do not have a birth certificate, I have an affidavit from parents, is that enough or something else is required.

------ birth certificate is not needed when you file I-140 it is needed if you file AOS or I-485 but you will need BC at the time of Immigrant visa interview at consulate, if you don’t have birth certificate then get Non availability certificate from Village panchayat, municipality or from district registrar of birth record and if the Non availability certificate is not in English then get it translated from Notary on 10 rupees stamp paper as True translation with Notary stamp . you will need Non availability certificate+ 2 affidavits from parents or elder relatives on 10 rupees stamp paper signed bofore Notary or executive Magistrate. you can read the sample documents www.immihelp.com

Naggi,

Congrats!!! I exactly know how you feel after being so close and wait for so long, just let us know when the site was updated. was it immediately(on 20th) or yesterday(21st)....

Thanks Naanshi,

I hope your words come true.. Waiting for approval atleast by next weekend.

nash140 ,
It must have been updated on Friday evening(20th) , but I could not check because of my IP being blocked.
I think your case should be getting approved sometime during the comming week..

Cheers!

Re: Question for I140NSC

Originally posted by nsc_sufferer
Hi All,

I am having my I140 (Concurrent filed, EAD approved) pending with NSC for over 11 months now and I am trying to find out the reason. Here is my employment record and I want to find out whether this can be the reason for delay in action at NSC.

I was working with employer X on H1. In Jan 2002, employer Y filed for my H1. 15 days after getting I129 receipt notice, I started working with employer Y using portability. We got an RFE for I129 case and subsequently my I129 was approved in June 2002. I was working with company Y for 4 months and 27 days with I129 receipt (using portability) and at that time my application was pending/under processing with NSC. But during this time I was having a valid I94 and visa stamping from previous employer (valid till Dec 2002). Employer Y has now filed I140 application after getting labor approved for me. Will this affect my I140/I485 processing and/or approval.

Thanks to all of you for suggestions/views.

Robocop104. Ginnu, Naanshi or any other member, do you have any views on my earlier post. Thanks.

EAD valid for 2 years!!!

Hello All,
Just wanted to share a good news by reading the following thread from I-485 TSC discussions forum posted on 02/20/04, though this thread is basically for I-140 discussions only.

Thanks,
kvrp.

Folks,

It has happened. Rajiv has confirmed that one of his clients has received an EAD valid for 2 years although there is no official announcement as yet.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=698418#post698418

OK ... what is going on with the "Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability" category ????

It is just not moving .... any body know anything ?

My I-140 has been pending since May 2, 2003 !