Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

All 485/AP/EAD

All 485/AP/EAD

Received information from My Attorney that contact at INS left a message for our attorney saying that your
application had been misplaced but it was recovered and is in the hands of an adjudicator now.

Any idea how long will it take to get the receipt from Here on

Re: All 485/AP/EAD

Originally posted by nelabor
All 485/AP/EAD

Received information from My Attorney that contact at INS left a message for our attorney saying that your
application had been misplaced but it was recovered and is in the hands of an adjudicator now.

May be within a Week.

Within a week for USCIS to issue the Receipt from USCIS. You may get within two weeks.

Sometimes, You may get your EAD also with your receipt notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
nelabor,
Could you please elaborate your case,
How did you come to know that there is something wrong ?
Did you get a reciept ?

Thanks in advance
Naggi

nelabor, happy for you that your file was recovered. please explain to the readers of the thread the steps that someone shd take when in the same position.

naashi is the official fortune teller of this thread from now on....:) just kidding.

Help me out

I am in a peculiar situation.Things have gone so awry that I can't stay with my employer any longer.My employer has been exploiting me in every possible way.

I wanted to leave the company long time back but I couldn't because my GC process has already been started and he has been paying me so low you cant imagine.and because of his adamant behaviour on rates I had to be on bench for more than 3 months.
My H1 with the company is getting expired by March end.He has not initiated any thing for my H1 extension even after repeated appeals to him.I have just 9 months before my 6 year H1 period in US gets expired.

The agony I am going through cant be expressed in words.My hands are tied because of this GC process.
The peculiar situation I am facing (probably nobody has faced before) is my Employer is not giving me the I-140 receipt number and even the attorney is colluded with the employer and doesn't give the I-140 number(probably there was some agreement between them). I got 1-485,I-765 and I-131 receipts directly to my home and all these have rRD Aug 11th 2003 and ND Aug 13th and all the receipt number starts with LIN-03-242-54xxx but I don't know about the I-140 number.I have a reason believe that I-140 and I-485 was applied on the same day.I got th EAD already but still waiting for AP approval.

I need the help regarding the two issues please.

How to find the I-140 number in this kind of situation(I am kind of desperate)

and
and what if my employer doesn't apply for my H1 extension.Even if he applies can I use the LIN number (because it is taking atleast 5 months now for H1 approval) of that H1 extension to get h1 transfer to another company(if I knew by then that my i-140 got approved).

I am desperate about the I-140 number.Please show me a way to find the number.
Thank you very much

1. Why you need H1B extension, when you have your EAD? It is good to have H1B entension as Backup, but if employer is not willing then just leave it. On or Around Feb 13, 2004 you reached more than 180 days waiting. So you can very well use AC21 rule, once your I-140 is approved. If your case was filed under EB3 then I guess that your case might have approved already.

2. I don't know how to get the I-140 receipt number. But you can try one thing. The relation between I-140 and I-485 petitions is your A#. So if you call the National Support Center and tell them that you want to know your I-140 receipt number to check online status. Tell them your A#. You MAY get it. Just give a try.

nanshi.

Desp123,

I think you can try to get the I-140 reciept # info by calling the national service center 1-800 number, I am not sure !!!. Tell them that you have applied for I-140, I-485, EAD and AP, and you have reciept #'s for all the cases except I-140 and would like to know status of the application. Also tell them that your AP is still not approved, etc.. Then they may ask your details like your name, employer name, other case reciept #, etc to locate your I-140 case #. also, as naanshi poited out, your A# in your I-485 reciept is the key, it is same # in both I-140 and I-485, and you can tell this # to the person.

If you cannot get theI-140 reciept # from your first try , try calling again and again to the 1-800, because each person who answers your call has his/her own way of answering your request, and someone will help you. Try to be very very friendly and ask..

For now try to maintain a good relationship with your employer, because I think your I-140 is very close to approval.. I am seeing lots of approvals for I-140 for Aug 2003 in my scanner for last 2 weeks.

Once you come to know that your I-140 is approved then you can forget him as your 180 days have completed, but if there is any RFE on I-140, then your employer is the only one who can help you out..

naggi and robocop104 485/AP/EAD Receipt Delay

If this should happen pure bad luck to begin with

1)Waited for 2 Months since my attorney mailed the application. 485/EAD/AP Application mailed to NSC center on 22-DEC-2003.

2)Until 09-FEB-2004 No Response from NSC center

3)09-FEB-2004 Contacted my company to find out if they any acknoglement of the receipt of my Application

4)Attorney contacted NSC with the acknodglement to find out what happened to the Application Package

5)Mean while prepared my self to apply for a New Application if i dont recevie a Reply from NSC

6)Called my doctor to find out if duplicate documents are possible. Got confirmed that it is possible to get one more copy of Medical Documents $35 for Each Person.

7)18-FEB-2004 Our contact at INS left a message for our attorney saying that your application had been misplaced but it was recovered and is in the hands of an adjudicator now.

Hope This helps Everyone in the same stage. Not sure what will be the receipt date as it is 2 months delayed. Any thoughts on this

If this should happen pure bad luck to begin with

1)Waited for 2 Months since my attorney mailed the application. 485/EAD/AP Application mailed to NSC center on 22-DEC-2003.

2)Until 09-FEB-2004 No Response from NSC center

3)09-FEB-2004 Contacted my company to find out if they any acknoglement of the receipt of my Application

4)Attorney contacted NSC with the acknodglement to find out what happened to the Application Package

5)Mean while prepared my self to apply for a New Application if i dont recevie a Reply from NSC

6)Called my doctor to find out if duplicate documents are possible. Got confirmed that it is possible to get one more copy of Medical Documents $35 for Each Person.

7)18-FEB-2004 Our contact at INS (The person who my attorney spoke to at INS--> Step 4) left a message for our attorney saying that your application had been misplaced but it was recovered and is in the hands of an adjudicator now.

Hope This helps Everyone in the same stage. Not sure what will be the receipt date as it is 2 months delayed. Any thoughts on this

Question for I140NSC

Hi All,

I am having my I140 (Concurrent filed, EAD approved) pending with NSC for over 11 months now and I am trying to find out the reason. Here is my employment record and I want to find out whether this can be the reason for delay in action at NSC.

I was working with employer X on H1. In Jan 2002, employer Y filed for my H1. 15 days after getting I129 receipt notice, I started working with employer Y using portability. We got an RFE for I129 case and subsequently my I129 was approved in June 2002. I was working with company Y for 4 months and 27 days with I129 receipt (using portability) and at that time my application was pending/under processing with NSC. But during this time I was having a valid I94 and visa stamping from previous employer (valid till Dec 2002). Employer Y has now filed I140 application after getting labor approved for me. Will this affect my I140/I485 processing and/or approval.

Thanks to all of you for suggestions/views.

hi naanshi

just now the adjudicator has taken up the file for 485 after 2 months of my mailing date. Is it from here on it may take 3 months or 90 days for EAD. But your guess is that it may be with the receipt.

But what will the receipt date be .... back dated or as of today

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All 485/AP/EAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May be within a Week.

Within a week for USCIS to issue the Receipt from USCIS. You may get within two weeks.

Last edited by naanshi on 18th February 2004 at 08:11 PM

Read this:
http://www.ailf.org/lac/021304a.htm

Summary: More than a 150,000 asylees who are waiting in a long queue to become lawful permanent residents of the United States filed a law suit against the BCIS.
Amoung other judgements (order issued to the government to adjust the status of nearly 22,000 waiting asylees ) , one of it was that they would not have to renew their work permit every year.
I hope the same happens to those who want to use AC21 portability rule.

Just hoping and still waiting for the damn i-140 (had big plans to use AC21 but I see that idea sinking fast !)

desp123 and I-140 receipt number

desp123,
There is a way to know your I-140 receipt number provided you wrote check to USCIS. On the back of cleared check usually they print LIN number. That's how i found out the receipt numbers when there was delay in getting them from attorney.
Some banks return cleared checks and some other banks offer online views of cleared checks. Check with your bank if you wrote check to USCIS.
Hope that helps.

Re: hi naanshi

just now the adjudicator has taken up the file for 485 after 2 months of my mailing date. Is it from here on it may take 3 months or 90 days for EAD. But your guess is that it may be with the receipt.

But what will the receipt date be .... back dated or as of today

quote:
All 485/AP/EAD

application had been misplaced but it was recovered and is in t
he hands of an adjudicator now.

May be within a Week.

Last edited by naanshi on 18th February 2004 at 08:11 PM

I am not clear about this. How can a case/file goes to an adjudicator without having Receipt Number? If your file is with an Adjudicator, then I guess that your Notice date will be backdated. Or they issued Receipt number and immediately sent to the Adjudicator.

Naanshi,

Officer might have thought of giving priority to nelabor's application since it was misplaced and it was their mistake :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by karapra
Naanshi,

Officer might have thought of giving priority to nelabor's application since it was misplaced and it was their mistake :confused: :confused:

I guess so. But normally USCIS don't care about their mistakes.