Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Congrats PunjabDaPuttar.
I know I asked this question almost everytime anyone has an interview. Here I go again...:)
When you volunteered traffic ticket info, did you provide copies or reciepts of your tickets? what kind of evidence did you provide?

Also, please stick around for some more time.
Thanks

GCHopes

I had gone to Farmington Hills Couthouse on Orchard Lake and gotten the case history of my tickets by giving them my Drivers License Number.

Hope it help! No worries, i will stick around.

My interview was today

i went to my interview today at 11:15 , the officer was nice and she went through my application asked all the questions on it and if they were correct , and then 10 questions i answered all of them correctly.

but then came the part were she gave me the N-652 letter and she said that my original file isnt there , she would have to located and then send me my oath letter, than kinda scared me .

on the letter 652 she wrote that i passes and will send me a decision letter in the mail and on the bottom wrote "Awaiting original file"

i hope my file isnt lost , that would be really bad .

i thought this interview is my last trip of worry now i have to worry again until my oath letter s here.

so ill be patient and wat i guess .

Interview letter?

Hi, GChopes,

I haven't received my IL yet. On line status not disappear either.

Hope we will get IL soon.

Hi Fandalou!

Still no Interview Letter... Have you got yours?

03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP scheduled date
04/12/07 FP done

No IL yet.

I haven't reveived the interview letter yet as of today (06-19-07). I changed address on line. I hope they will send the letter to my new address.

Worried,
Congrats on clearing your interview. Do you have two Alien numbers? Like one for OPT and other for GC?

Fandalou and McMahon,
What I noticed is that USCIS mails the IL once every month around middle of the month, i.e near 15th (Notice Date) and normally takes 7 days by USPS. My guess is it will arrive sometime around 22nd.

gchopes

no i only has one alien number and i passed my citizenship test yet my file want present at the time of the interview so now i have to wait for my file and then for the oath letter?

Oath in Detroit today

Oath ceremony at Cobo was well organized and well conducted. They had 880 new citizens from 86 countries. The line was very long in the morning at around 8:30 am when I got there but they everyone seated in an hour after checking GC and Oath Letter. They had 4 sections and around 220 people in each section. USCIS District office Director, Deptuy Mayor and some peole from a non-profit organization were there..Coast Guard contingent did their flying the colors gig and judge administered the oath. USCIS DO Dirctor spoke as well. Later on before leaving they made a queue and gave Nat. cert. and took GC&Oath letter. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the Detroit office Immigration officers wearing suits and ties. Kudos to USCIS for the handling it well. Best of luck to all of you especially to Worried2007.

Congrats PunjabDaPuttar

Congratulations on your completion of the Citizenship Journey. I have my interview tomorrow and hope to have a similar story..

All,

I completed my interview today in Detroit. It was similar to others experience, I was asked 10-12 questions, asked to read a simple sentence and also to write a simple sentence. I was congratulated and given a letter indicating that I passed the test. I was told to expect oath letter in 60 days and off I was sent.

Everything took place around 15 minutes..Hope to see Oath letter soon so that I can be done with this process..

Thanks for everybody's help and postings which made this process easy so far..

RS_DETROIT:)

All,

I completed my interview today in Detroit. It was similar to others experience, I was asked 10-12 questions, asked to read a simple sentence and also to write a simple sentence. I was congratulated and given a letter indicating that I passed the test. I was told to expect oath letter in 60 days and off I was sent.

Everything took place around 15 minutes..Hope to see Oath letter soon so that I can be done with this process..

Thanks for everybody's help and postings which made this process easy so far..

RS_DETROIT:)

Congrats RS_DETROIT,
I have some question for you:
-Did the IO asked for utilities bills?
-Did he question every item on yr application or just review it with you to be sure its correct?
When u get the interview letter is that mean the security check is OK?
I think they changed the policy do to so many people got the interview letter and no decision made this why they went for lawsuit.
Thanks so much and hopefully hear from you.

Congrats RS_DETROIT,
I have some question for you:
-Did the IO asked for utilities bills?
No, no other documents were asked other than green card, drivers license and passport.

-Did he question every item on yr application or just review it with you to be sure its correct?
Officer reviewed the whole package to make sure everything was correct. I had made a trip to india a week ago and that was added to my application. I also had writen about my speeding ticket, officer just confirmed that I was not arrested.

When u get the interview letter is that mean the security check is OK?
I believe these days Interview letter is not sent unless security check is complete.

I think they changed the policy do to so many people got the interview letter and no decision made this why they went for lawsuit.
Thanks so much and hopefully hear from you.

It was an easy process, don't worry too much. Good luck

FINALLY got IL

I Finally got my IL just today for 08/14.

my dates are

PD: 01/08/07
FP:01/30/07
IL notice date: 06/19/07
Interview date: 08/14/07
Oath: ??

Worreid, i really hope that you will your oath letter ASAP

mouhanad,

im happy for u , hope ur case will be better than mine because im so worried and scared of getting stuck without oath for a long time, im hoping it will show up soon so i can be normal again.