Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

suresh_colo,

did you get a ticket in Colorado long time ago? I got a ticket in Adams County almost 10 years ago. And since I paid within 20 days, the county court does not have any record. But the Colorado department of Revenue has it since I paid it to them. If you go to their office in person, you can get a FULL driving record. Even my auto insurance company has my driving record for longer than last 5 years. It was them who reminded me about the ticket.

x
X-man,

I don't remember if I had a ticket a long time ago, but if I did I certainly paid it.
Would the proof of payment be included in the driving records?
Would that be everything we need for this traffic ticket thing related to N-400?

i went today and got My driving record from the social security office it will shows that your driving record is clear and that your driving license is valid and that i was never retained for a DUI which means that you have paid all your tickets.

so all you guys have to do is go to SOS and get a copy of your driving record and i think that should be suffecient.

because if all u have is tickets under 500$ and they are not a DUI that will show on your driving record.

i went today and got My driving record from the social security office it will shows that your driving record is clear and that your driving license is valid and that i was never retained for a DUI which means that you have paid all your tickets.

so all you guys have to do is go to SOS and get a copy of your driving record and i think that should be suffecient.

because if all u have is tickets under 500$ and they are not a DUI that will show on your driving record.

Hi Worried2007,

Secretary of State? What is that exactly? Do you mean DMV?
Also, does your driving records show all the tickets you had and the day and amounts you paid?

thanks

Secretary Of State Is There Where You Would Get A New Driving License New Plates For Ur Car, Do U Live In Michigan?

It Will Show All The Tickets You Have For The Last 5 Yrs , In Addition That Your Record Is Clear And That You Dont Have A Dui .

Secretary Of State Is There Where You Would Get A New Driving License New Plates For Ur Car, Do U Live In Michigan?

It Will Show All The Tickets You Have For The Last 5 Yrs , In Addition That Your Record Is Clear And That You Dont Have A Dui .

I'm in Colorado. We actaully go to the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for driving records.

So are you just adding a copy of your driving record to your application? Or just taking it to your interview?

Also, do you answer yes to any of the questions in the n-400?

suresh,

did you go to the DMV and get your full driving records? I have not done it.

Thanks.

x

suresh,

did you go to the DMV and get your full driving records? I have not done it.

Thanks.

x

Hi X-man,

No, I have not gotten a copy of my driving records yet.
I want to make sure it shows all tickets, and that it also has proof of payments. No point in ordering it if it does not contain the information we need, right?

Anyone out there who has ordered driving records can share what kind of information is included? Does it tell you ticket dates, amount of the ticket and when payment for the ticket was received?

u guys need to pay attention and focus.

just get ur driving record it will show all ur tickets paid unpaid and also the status of driving status currently and also if u have ever had a DUI .

just get a copy of ur driving record that should be more than sufficient.
and if u live outside michigan get ur driving record from the state where u resided before.
stop making ppl confused and scared , have u ever heard someone denied because they had a speeding ticket what is all this panic for.
trust me it will be ok

he will ask about it during interview and i wasnt sure if they were asking about tickets so i brought it with me to interview

Oath date

Hi,
I have just called 313 568 6029 and gave my A #.
They checked and told me that my Oath will be on 20th June at Cobo Hall.
Well, the only thing to do now is just wait for the letter.
Regards

Hi,
I have just called 313 568 6029 and gave my A #.
They checked and told me that my Oath will be on 20th June at Cobo Hall.
Well, the only thing to do now is just wait for the letter.
Regards

can you go to oath without the letter?

Oath Letter

The Oath letter for me and my wife reached us on 9 June 2007 by US post. The Oath will be at Cobo hall at Detroit on 20 June 2007 at 9 am. Earlier, while in the interview, I was told that the oath ceremony will be at Grand Rapid or Holland but that is not the case in reality. Anyways, it does not matter to me either way.

I have updated my time line below.

SHARK

P.S.: I have been seeing a lot of post regarding the traffic violation, tickets etc. According to my experience, one should not at all worry about this as long as it is not a case of DUI. In my case, the interviewing officer asked whether I had any traffic violation and then added, "I mean, DUI". I had no DUI and therefore he quickly proceeded to next question.

It is very clear in the instructions that one need not have to provide evidence for other (minor) traffic violations as long as the fine is below $500.

Here is my time line.
02/07/07: Priority Date
02/12/07: Checks cashed
02/17/07: Status available online
02/17/07: Received N-400 Receipt Notice
02/19/07: FP Letter Received (for myself with FP date 28 FEB07)
02/19/07: FP Letter Received (for wife with FP date 02MAR07)
02/28/07: FP Completed (wife walk-in along with me at Grand Rapid ASC)
03/27/07: IL Notice Date(for me and wife)
03/29/07: IL Notice posting stamp Date
04/02/07: IL Received Date (for both of us)
05/22/07: IL completed (for both of us)
06/04/06: OL Issue date
06/09/07: OL Received Date (for both of us)
06/20/07: Oath Date at Cobo hall, Detroit (for both of us)

The last step out of immigration....

SHARK

Last edited by a moderator:
My N400 Interview Experience.

I had a 11:45 am appointment at Mt Elliott st. center today. Reached there at 10:55 am and the security made me wait outside for 20 minutes.
Do not go more than 30 minutes earlier than scheduled time. They asked me to put my Interview notice in 'Citizenship' tray on top of file cabinets.
The agents go through the notices and call you per your scheduled time. So that means if I had reached there at 11:40 am they would still called me before
a person who has 12 noon appointment but arrived at 11:30 am. Anyways I was called at 11:45 and ushered into a cube. The office was polite and courteous.
He went through my application and asked for Drivers License, Green Card & Passport. He went through the application and I mentioned my traffic tickets
(none were DUIs). He added them to my application. He went over each item in my application and appeared satisfied. Then he moved to Q&A and asked me 10 questions

1. Who is is the current president?
2. How many colors are there in the flag?
3. How many states are in the union?
4. If P & VP die who becomes the P?
5. When was the constitution written?
6. Name one benefit of becoming citizen?
7. Who was the first president?
8. How many Supreme Court justices we have?
9. Who was Martin Luther King?
10. Which amendments guarantee voting rights of citizens?

I answered all questions correctly. Then i was made to read a sentence. I was asked to write one very simple sentence as well 'The house has two windows'.

The officer congratulated me and asked if I would be able to attend Oath in Cobo Hall next week. I said 'Yes'. He asked me to wait. After one and half hours,
I was given Oath notice and asked to bring it with me on June 20th at Cobo hall.

Wish you all very best in your immigration journey!

Sent N400 application to NSC - 03/02/07
Receipt & Notice Date - 03/06/07
FP Letter Received - 03/16/07
FP Completed - 03/29/07
IL Notice Date - 04/09/07
IL Letter Received - 04/13/2007
IL - 6/14/07 (approved & oath letter given same day)
Oath -6/20/07 (Cobo)

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats punjab wow thats great 4 days and ill go for my interview so we might meet at cobo on the 20th.

did he ask u for ur tickets or u volunteered the information?

Hey Worried2007

When officer asked the question about 'HAve you ever been cited by a law enf. agen?', i volunteered and told him that i did not know if this needs to be mentioned in the form He said'lets do it'.

Looking forward to meeting u in COBO :)

punjab,

do u think my interview is on the june 18 and the officer will let me go to oath at Cobo on the 20th , would that happen?