Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

My interview was today

i went to my interview today at 11:15 , the officer was nice and she went through my application asked all the questions on it and if they were correct , and then 10 questions i answered all of them correctly.

but then came the part were she gave me the N-652 letter and she said that my original file isnt there , she would have to located and then send me my oath letter, than kinda scared me .

on the letter 652 she wrote that i passes and will send me a decision letter in the mail and on the bottom wrote "Awaiting original file"

i hope my file isnt lost , that would be really bad .

i thought this interview is my last trip of worry now i have to worry again until my oath letter s here.

so ill be patient and wat i guess .

worried2007,

Congratulations on passing your interview!
Did the IO ever ask you about traffic tickets since you said you never mentioned anything on your N400?

Did the IO ever ask you about traffic tickets since you said you never mentioned anything on your N400?[/QUOTE]

Suresh,

No neeed to worry about tickets unless it is an DUI or arrested and convicted for any reason. Just a speeding ticket is OK..I had a letter from court and officer did not see eventhough I volunteered to show.

Good luck..

Suresh,

No neeed to worry about tickets unless it is an DUI or arrested and convicted for any reason. Just a speeding ticket is OK..I had a letter from court and officer did not see eventhough I volunteered to show.

Good luck..[/QUOTE]

hi rs_Detroit,

But did you mention your traffic ticket in the n400?
If not, did you volunteer the information or did the officer ask about it?

thanks

hi rs_Detroit,

But did you mention your traffic ticket in the n400?
If not, did you volunteer the information or did the officer ask about it?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had mentioned my ticked on N-400 application. Officer had marked it with a post-it during the interview and asked if I was arrested or it was a DUI.

rs_Detroit

N-400 Detroit

Worried2007
I did notice that they do a big cermony around the 20th ( on wednesdays)of every month and 1 or 2 small ones. I think the worst situation for you to be end of July about 07/25 , means you will get the letteer 1-2 weeks prior to that.

thnx mouhanad

Worried2007
I did notice that they do a big cermony around the 20th ( on wednesdays)of every month and 1 or 2 small ones. I think the worst situation for you to be end of July about 07/25 , means you will get the letteer 1-2 weeks prior to that.

mouhanad,

im praying it will not take longer than the end of july , by the way r u from lebanon , i am .

No Dui No Worry

worried2007,

Did the IO ever ask you about traffic tickets since you said you never mentioned anything on your N400?

the officer will ask u have u ever been arrested or been charged and as long as its a simple traffic ticket trsut me u r fine,

as long as its not a DUI u should be good to go.

i hope everything goes well for u keep us updated.

Interview

Had an interview today at 333 Mt. Elliott. Our experience was very similar to what other board members described.

Came an hour prior to the interview time and had to wait outside for 30 minutes until guards let us in. Both I and my wife were called in even before our scheduled time. Interview took place separately in two different cubicles.

IOs went through the application form confirming answers. No additional questions regarding traffic tickets were asked (we had them listed). No employment questions. No other documents, besides GC, passport, and DL, were requested.

Civics and government questions were all from the published list, they asked all 10 questions. English test questions (one to read, one to write) came from the published list as well.

Both received N-652 with "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval". We were told to expect an oath letter within 2-3 weeks.

The whole thing took 10 minutes for my wife and 20 minutes for me.

Our timeline:

Mailed 09/15/06
RD 09/18/06
PD 09/18/06
ND 09/26/06
FP notice 09/29/06
FP 10/10/06
InfoPass 02/13/07
Service request 04/20/07
IV notice 04/30/07
IV 06/26/07
Oath XX/XX/XX

detroit n-400

dearborn, u . hopefully we will go to oath together.

worried2007

i live in W bloomfield, your oath will be way before mine, my interview is on 08/14, you will have your oath in July some time(wish you best of luck), hope to meet u soon:)

Mouhanad

Thats Not For Sure , My File Havent Been Transfered To The Detroit Office So It Might Take Between 2 Month To A Yera U Never Know Nothing Is Gauranteed At This Point Im Just Praying It Will Be Soon I Dont Wanna Wait Anylonger Im Tired Of The Process

worried

Thats Not For Sure , My File Havent Been Transfered To The Detroit Office So It Might Take Between 2 Month To A Yera U Never Know Nothing Is Gauranteed At This Point Im Just Praying It Will Be Soon I Dont Wanna Wait Anylonger Im Tired Of The Process

did you try to call them on the 313 number? they are helpful some times, tell them that you had your interview and want to check on the oath. If you wait 4 weeks and no letter, iwould call the senator's office and they will transfer your file over night. I did the same when i had my green card, i waited for the file transfer but never happend, i called senator's office and they sent the file over night mail.

Oath on July 12th

I called the USCIS office today and I was told my oath date is July 12th and I should be receiving a letter soon. I was not told where the oath function will happen. I have to travel out of country, now I have to plan to be back before 12th..

rs_Detroit

Last edited by a moderator:
interview

I called the USCIS office today and I was told my oath date is July 12th and I should be receiving a letter soon. I was not told where the oath function will happen. I have to travel out of country, now I have to plan to be back before 12th..

rs_Detroit

rs detroit

when did u have ur interview date? i hope i will go with u on july 12.