Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

hello,

any of u guys get any oath schedued for this month or anytime in august any info is greatly appreciated im still waiting on my oath letter?

interview was june 18

I had my interview today. I was called in 20 mins after my appointment. The officer went through my application. I had a change to make in employment section, so I gave her already prepared sheet. She was happy to see that I was prepared. After that she asked interview questions. She asked me atleast 20 questions!! while she was doing her work. She even asked me who is the Speaker of the House! My guess she was just testing how much I know. Over all it was very pleasant interview experience.

However, one thing that left me little anxious was that she could not find her stamp! She searched on her desk and then said she will stamp my application later:( At the end, she said I should recieve my oath letter in 3 weeks.

Any idea when is the next oath scheduled for?

Congrats GChopes!

Congrats GChopes! It should be now around one month for the Oath Letter to come, another month until your oath at CoBo, whenever it is...

Still waiting for IL :(
----------------------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done

who was ur interviewer

I had my interview today. I was called in 20 mins after my appointment. The officer went through my application. I had a change to make in employment section, so I gave her already prepared sheet. She was happy to see that I was prepared. After that she asked interview questions. She asked me atleast 20 questions!! while she was doing her work. She even asked me who is the Speaker of the House! My guess she was just testing how much I know. Over all it was very pleasant interview experience.

However, one thing that left me little anxious was that she could not find her stamp! She searched on her desk and then said she will stamp my application later:( At the end, she said I should recieve my oath letter in 3 weeks.

Any idea when is the next oath scheduled for?

there is none to be worried about shell find it and stamp ur application im still waiting for my oath my interview was june 18

Got Interview Letter!!!

As late as yesterday I posted that I was waiting for the IL. No more! :) :) :) This is good news to applicants (Fandalou) having filed in March - interview letters may be on their way.

The IL was mailed from Nebraska on Monday. Interview scheduled for 09/19 at Detroit DO. USCIS Online status still "Pending".

Congratulations to the NSC and Detroit DO for a fast procesing of my application: interview is 6 months minus one day after Priority Date. Also they corrected my name to include all my five first/middle names (instead of first name + initial).

I'll look at previous on the Forum to check on parking availability around Mt Elliott.

I'll request a letter from Selective Service, although I did not visit the United States until I was 29 years old and reside until I was 38 years old.

----------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
04/12/07 FP done
07/20/07 IL received
09/19/07 Interview Date

Last edited by a moderator:
McMahon,
Congrats. As per the parking, there is visitor parking at the Detroit DO itself. NO need to worry about it. And also, there is plenty of paid parking just opposite to the building for $7. You can still get the Selective Service letter if you request for it now.

Worried2007 and others.
Any idea how often do they have oath ceremonies? Is it twice or once a month?

On second thoughts, the best evidence I would submit regarding Selective Service is my GC which shows that I was over 26 when I became LPR. Any letter from the SSS would simply state that I have not registered but I anyway did not need to.

I got my Oath letter and its scheduled for Aug 9 at Detroit District Court. However, my wife did not get the letter. She will wait for tomorrows mail before calling them.

Congrats GChopes!

Did you request a name change (as the District Court location may suggest) or does the DO pick the District Court even for Administrative Oaths?

Your case suggests it won't be too long between Interview and Oath - 3 weeks or so if the process does not slow down.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

Last edited by a moderator:
McMahon,
I did not request name change. I searched our theard and found two users who had Oath at Detroit District Courthouse (231 Lafayate). From what I read is that its smaller (capacity) in size and is done within two hours. I am hoping that my wife is also scheduled at the same time.

Anyone who is still active here, please share any information regarding Oath ceremony at District Court House, parking etc...

I attended two ceremonies at District Court on Lafayette - one for my wife and one for me, we were scheduled 4 days apart - go figure.

79 people took oath one day and 88 - another. It took about two hours door-to-door. Parking is right in front of the entrance to the biulding - $10.

All you need is your Green Card and an oath letter. Make sure to fill the back of the letter on the day of the oath.

Congratulations.

PD 12/28/2006
FP 2/10/2007
Case still pending.

Called today (after 7 months from PD) to request follow-up.

I was told to wait for some more time and call them back. I guess it has to be 30 days past the normal processing time.....