Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

mouhanad

I just had my interview today, it was quick, i passed the test, but the IO told me that they have to run additional backgrouncd check when she noticed that i have used my middle name as a first name on some documents. so she checked a decision can not yet be made. any body have expereince with this, are they going to research for the name check or just the background check, i am assuming just the background check, becasue when they do the name check they try all combinations of the name.

any feedback will be great

mouhanad,

can you share with me if ur interviewer was an african amerian lady, because same thing happened to me as i told u before, decision cannot be made on my letter.

and im stll waiting i dont know for how long , i called senator levins office and he emailed detroit office to ask about my case and they told him they have all the documents to adjuicate my case.

i dont know whats taking too long its almost 2 month and noting yet from them.

so now ur in the same boat as me.

lotechguythats great news

lotechguy, this was very helpful, so i understand from this that will not resubmit for the name check, if this is just the regular criminal background check, this should be fast. my situation is that i used the middle name as a first name, name check indicates that they automatically search for all posible combinations. Thanks that makes me feel much better

Any interview in September?

My interview is coming up soon :) :) (3 weeks from today :) :) )

Is there anyone else scheduled for Interview in September?
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Passed :) (Notice date July 13)

Last edited by a moderator:
ayone for oath in sept

guys in detroit please let me know if any of u received a letter for oath this september or r u scheduled for any oath in septemeber ur response is greatly apprecited

March PD, no IL yet.

PD 03/29/07, still no IL yet. Moved twice, but informed them address change, and received the confirmation letter of address changes.

Any thoughts? Thanks for any inputs.

The AR-11 is not sufficient when you have a N-400 application pending. You would also need to call 800-375-5283 to have the address changed for your application.

Chances are that your IL was sent to the address you have on your N-400. When you call the 800 number, you can inform them that you suspect your IL was sent to an older address - they may recommend you an Infopass. If and when you are at the Detroit DO for the Infopass, you may find out that they have your A-File and that they are waiting you to show up for interview. Or that they have your file but have not scheduled you yet.

infopass ordered

I ordered an infopass to check out my N-400 case status at Detroit DO. The oppointment is at this Friday.

Thanks, McMahon

You are very welcome!

Please let us know what they tell you. Personal experience: I did the same for my I-485 after having moved 4 times within 2 years. When I visited the DO, they told me that they could actually schedule an interview.

I am intending to post my interview experience once I am done Wednesday next week.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done

My wife received her IL today

Hi, Mcmahon,

I canceled my infopass appointment because I was very busy. How ever, I received my wife's interview letter in mail today. We have the same PD, and we changed address two times on line. Now that she reveived her IL, I do not worry I can not receive mine any more. I will just wait for some days. Her interview date is 11/07/07, PD is 03/29/07.

Fandalou

My wife's time line,

03/28/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/29/07 Priority date
04/02/07 Check was cashed
04/09/07 Notice of Action letter received
04/10/07 On-line status showed up
04/16/07 FP letter received
04/24/07 FP scheduled date
04/24/07 FP done and cleared
09/14/07 IL letter reveived
11/07/07 Interview date

Fandalou

Great news! I also think you soon should be receiving your IL :) Your IL hopefully is part of the same batch and will come in a matter of days. In some cases wives' applications get faster than husbands'

Interview Passed - Recommended for Approval

I had the interview today. Interview took 15 minutes. The DO USCIS officers are very professional. The purpose of the interview was mostly to verify and update the N-400 form (I had a few minor non-DUI traffic tickets). The Officer handed me the form with the mentions "Passed English and Civics Tests" and "Recommended for Approval".

I should be receiving the Oath Letter in the new few weeks.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done

I had the interview today. Interview took 15 minutes. The DO USCIS officers are very professional. The purpose of the interview was mostly to verify and update the N-400 form (I had a few minor non-DUI traffic tickets). The Officer handed me the form with the mentions "Passed English and Civics Tests" and "Recommended for Approval".

I should be receiving the Oath Letter in the new few weeks.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done

Hi McMahon,

did you mention your trafic tickets on the n-400?
what did the officer say about it?

I actually did not mention any because I wrongfully believed that the M-476 Guide to Naturalization asked to *not* mention them.

At the beginnning of the interview (just after I was sworn in), I remitted to the IO the list of tickets, indicating that I misinterpreted the instructions on the Guide. The IO said that I should have mentioned them, looked at the list of tickets (all over 10 years old, none of them exceeding $125, none of them DUI-related), added it to the N-400 bundle and later updated the Good Moral Character answers.

I actually did not mention any because I wrongfully believed that the M-476 Guide to Naturalization asked to *not* mention them.

The instructions could be a little clearer... basically you are required to list all citations, but only have to provide documentation for those with a fine over $500 or involving drugs/alcohol.

The instructions could be a little clearer... basically you are required to list all citations, but only have to provide documentation for those with a fine over $500 or involving drugs/alcohol.

The problem with the question is that it puts a "citation" at the same level as "arrest", which means jail to me. I believe that there's a huge difference between getting a traffic ticket (which everyone gets) and jail.

The problem with the question is that it puts a "citation" at the same level as "arrest", which means jail to me. I believe that there's a huge difference between getting a traffic ticket (which everyone gets) and jail.

Yes, there sure is! To be safe, list everything and then the IO can discuss it with you during the interview.