Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

martianz01

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Does anyone know whats the current wait period, for Detroit residents, for the interview call from the FP day.

My dates :
PD Nov 4 2002
FP Dec 12 2002

Interview ??

Thanks
Marty

Me replying to myself :).

Went to BCIS local office in Detroit, and the latest from there is that they are 4 months behind schedule meaning they are currently calling July 2002 applicants for interview.

What does that mean?

Didn't you apply in Nov 2002? That's more than 4 months istn't it? Did you ask them about it?
Just curious....:)

Thanks for clarifying on my behalf phillydude. What I meant to say was that the BCIS is 4 months behind the processing time they originally sent out in the first correspondence letter. Originally my processing time was 370 - 385 and now its 370 - 385 + 4 months.

Here is my timeline:

Priority date: April 2002
Fingerprint: Sept 2002
Interview: July 2003
Oath: Waiting

Woohoo. Guess what was waiting for me in my mail box ? Yes, My interview appointment letter. Took more than a year for the letter since I filed, but finally its here. The appointment is set for Jan 20th. Guys, Any input on what other documents I should take for the interview (apart from Letter, Greencard, SSR, Passport) ?

Thanks

martianz01

Congrats . Why is the Interview is scheduled after almost 2 months. Normally I thought the Interview letter will be received 30-45 days before the Interview. Can anyone confirm this...

Good Luck for your interview

Manoj Varma:cool:

I guess they are getting calls from too many anxious applicants. By setting up 3 months in advance maybe USCIS will get some respite from the callers..:confused: :D

No, I have not been scheduled for an oath. It has been four months since the interview. I did intiate an inquiry by calling the 800 number last month, but have not heard anything from the local office.

tintin22

i intitated inquiry about two months ago and nothing ...no reply.

i went to bcis office after 3 hours wait person at counter said....

its only been 3 1/2 months wait...its TOOOOOOO early.

he told me to wait reasonable period of time and for BCIC's reasonable period is 9 months after interview...thats what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like oaths are stopped country wide except for California.

Does any one know if BCIS has started speeding up the applications processing. Some people have started getting FP call in one month which used to take more then 2/3 months in the past. Has anyone filed in DEC 2003 and received the FP'ing dates?

Please share the information.

Thanks
Kan

mast

yeah thats great news isnt it.

fingerprints notice in jan 2003, interview notice in feb 2003, and then oath........... March 2004....thats right oath in march 2004.

there is no sequence in this CIS department. things run on mood of uscis officers.

Detroit N400 Time line

My Time line

Filed : DEC/22/2003
Finger Print : FEB/18/2004
Interview : JUL/28/2004
Oath : AUG/18/2004

mast said:
My Time line

Filed : DEC/22/2003
Finger Print : FEB/18/2004
Interview : JUL/28/2004
Oath : AUG/18/2004

Mast... Thanx for posting... looks like u had good experience with uscis.
i would really appreciate if u can please post ur detailed interview. Thank you.

Detroit N400 Time line - interview questions

Interview questions were real simple , If you prepare for the questions and answers which comes with N400 Forms they are more then sufficient.

They ask 10 questions and allow 4 incorrect answers. They go through questions very fast as they have to interview so many people every day. But dont answer any questions if you dont understand , ask them to repeate , better to take more time then giving wrong answers.

I was surprised on the oath ceremony day , there were 1500 people in the hall to take their citizenship oath!.

Wish everyone ,good luck!

Regards
Mast

detroit is quick

PD 5/21/2004
FP 6/2004
FBI clearance 6/2004
interview 11/5/2004
oath 12/13/2004
thats pretty quick guys.
i am very happy