Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

how long for oath

I got my Oath letter and its scheduled for Aug 9 at Detroit District Court. However, my wife did not get the letter. She will wait for tomorrows mail before calling them.[/QUOT

mcmahon,

how long was the time between ur interview and oath and wat date was ur oath letter mailed out?

I am not there yet...

mcmahon,

how long was the time between ur interview and oath and wat date was ur oath letter mailed out?
I have received the Interview Letter on July 18th or 18th. Interview scheduled for 09/19. No Oath letter yet :) Based on GChopes' timeline, I may be receiving an invitation for an Oath date around October 10th.

I too consider that there is a possibility that my A-File is hard to locate, since it went over the years to NSC, TSC, VSC, Philadelphia DO, NSC and now Detroit DO.

----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

Last edited by a moderator:
GCHOPEs

McMahon,
I did not request name change. I searched our theard and found two users who had Oath at Detroit District Courthouse (231 Lafayate). From what I read is that its smaller (capacity) in size and is done within two hours. I am hoping that my wife is also scheduled at the same time.

Anyone who is still active here, please share any information regarding Oath ceremony at District Court House, parking etc...[/QUOT

how long was it between ur interview and ur oath?

mcmahon

hopefully not but im still waiting for my oath since june 18 , i called the local detroit DO and they told me if they dont locate file in 60 days then they have to adjucate ur application based on a T-file or temporary filr thats the law.
my file was only between nebraska and detroit and it still was hard to locate

Worried2007,
the time between my interview date and oath date is 3 weeks. My wife did not get her oath letter in today's mail. She will call them now.

Aibolit, thanks for info. Looks like I may have to go to District Court house twice like you!

Should i bring my wife to Interview

I wanted to ask somebody if i should bring my wife to the Interview since i am getting the US citezenship through her? I know it is not required but does it help? my Interview is on Aug 14th.

Worried2007,
the time between my interview date and oath date is 3 weeks. My wife did not get her oath letter in today's mail. She will call them now.

Aibolit, thanks for info. Looks like I may have to go to District Court house twice like you!

GCHopes,
Did you talk to USCIS about your wife's oath ? When is it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to ask somebody if i should bring my wife to the Interview since i am getting the US citezenship through her? I know it is not required but does it help? my Interview is on Aug 14th.

Mouhand,
I dont know the particulars of US Citizenship through marriage (I am assuming it is through marriage since you said through her), but during my interview I have seen couples going in for interviews together. You may want to check into this further.

mouhanad

im getting my citizenship through marriage and i didnt bring my husband and the IO never asked for him

i applied based on 3 yrs married to a US citizen

Hey all,
I just came from Oath ceremony. It was very short and brief. It happened in District Court House. They started let us in around 8:15 AM and everyone was seated by 9:15. The Oath ceremony was very brief, the Judge gave 5 mins speech and then oath. What was nice about this was that Judge and an associate gave out all Naturalization certificates. I thought that was very nice.

Regarding my wife, she also had her Oath today. She was scheduled for Aug 20th but when she called 313 number monday and the lady said she try to change her date. She was very courteous and called back on tuesday to confirm that she can attend and she called again on Wednesday as a reminder!!

Anyway, thanks for everyone for your valuable inputs...I will stick around for some time. Now its time to jump to another theard...passport!

What time is the oath on Aug 20?

Do you know what time is the oath on Aug 20? My interview is on Aug 14, i hope that i can go the aug 20 oath.

Question

I did my interview on June 25th. I still have NOT received my oath letter. What do you think is the time frame for me to get my oath letter?

I called the 313 number and they said to wait 90 days before I can call again.

Also, can I travel to India before I get my oath letter, if I plan to come back by the oath date and appear for the OATH ceremony?

What about travel to Canada???

Hi,

My job requires defense security clearance which in turn requires citizenship. I have managed to convince my company that I'll receive my citizenship by Oct 1st (based on initial estimates).

I just received my Interview Letter stating the interview date is Oct 24th. I have the following questions regarding the process:

1. Will the oath letter be sent before the interview date? Or after the interview?

2. From reading the previous posts it appears as though the Oath will take place 3 weeks from the date of Interview. Is that pretty standard?

3. Once the Oath is completed, is applying for passport a must to be considered a citizen?

Bottom line is I am trying to come up with a reasonable date so I can provide some decent estimates for my boss. If its not too far off from Oct 1st, I may be able to squeeze by....

Thanks for all your help in advance.

im in the same boat

I did my interview on June 25th. I still have NOT received my oath letter. What do you think is the time frame for me to get my oath letter?

I called the 313 number and they said to wait 90 days before I can call again.

Also, can I travel to India before I get my oath letter, if I plan to come back by the oath date and appear for the OATH ceremony?

What about travel to Canada???

queenbee,

i interviwed on June 18 and im still waiting for my oath , but my A file wasnt transfered from nebraska and im still waiting.

regarding travel u can still travel but just make sure ur not out more than 6 month.

hello

Hi,

My job requires defense security clearance which in turn requires citizenship. I have managed to convince my company that I'll receive my citizenship by Oct 1st (based on initial estimates).

I just received my Interview Letter stating the interview date is Oct 24th. I have the following questions regarding the process:

1. Will the oath letter be sent before the interview date? Or after the interview?

2. From reading the previous posts it appears as though the Oath will take place 3 weeks from the date of Interview. Is that pretty standard?

3. Once the Oath is completed, is applying for passport a must to be considered a citizen?

Bottom line is I am trying to come up with a reasonable date so I can provide some decent estimates for my boss. If its not too far off from Oct 1st, I may be able to squeeze by....

Thanks for all your help in advance.

oath will be sent after interview , usually beween 3 - 4 weeks after a successful interview and if everything went ok at ur interview.

you dont have to apply for a passport to be considered a citizen , ur certificate of citizenship that will be given to you during oath is ur proof of citizenship.

so if ur interview is on october 24 u should be naturalized by novemeber 24 and thats if everything went ok during interview.

Timeline

Not sure whether the processing time line in general has increased but I think it is taking a bit longer than what it used to take for most cases earlier in the year.

05/12/07: N-400 mailed to NSC (priority with D/C)
05/14/07: N-400 received by NSC
05/14/07: Priority date
05/15/07: Checks cashed
05/23/07: Received N-400 Receipt Notice
06/07/07: FP Done
08/11/07: IL Received
11/01/07: IV Date

I too noticed that it somehow slowed down. There is also some fluctuation in the processing time due to the fact that Interview Letters are sent only once a month.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

Had the interview today

I just had my interview today, it was quick, i passed the test, but the IO told me that they have to run additional backgrouncd check when she noticed that i have used my middle name as a first name on some documents. so she checked a decision can not yet be made. any body have expereince with this, are they going to research for the name check or just the background check, i am assuming just the background check, becasue when they do the name check they try all combinations of the name.

any feedback will be great

I just had my interview today, it was quick, i passed the test, but the IO told me that they have to run additional backgrouncd check when she noticed that i have used my middle name as a first name on some documents. so she checked a decision can not yet be made. any body have expereince with this, are they going to research for the name check or just the background check, i am assuming just the background check, becasue when they do the name check they try all combinations of the name.

any feedback will be great

See enclosed Dec 2006 CIS Memo on the conditions under which they repeat name check :

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nheckfbimemo.pdf