Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I will now leave on July 30 for vacation. As soon as I am done from oath on JUly 27 i will go to houston to get same day passport. I hope i do not get any surprises at houston and i come back with my passport on Jully 28.

My Timeline:
N400 Sent on 4/2/2009
N400 Received in Texas on 4/6/2009
Received NOA 4/08/09
Received FP Notice 4/20/09
FP completed 5/1/09
Received Interview Notice 5/30/09
Interview Scheduled for 7/7/09
Interviewed: Pass the test but Pending supervisor's approval (see below).
Oath Completed ??????
Passport Received ????

I went for my interview yesterday and here is my own story LADIES and WE-MEN (I mean "we the men"). Got there on time and was called 20 mins late. Went through the usual protocol and again answered all the YES and NO questions. She asked if I owe taxes and I said yes but I am doing payment plan with the IRS. She said I guess we gonna have to put you case on hold until you pay it off. I told her that I have a letter from the IRS about the payment plan and I also told her that I have all my bank statements showing the automatic withdrawal. I went further to tell her that immigration ask to have the IRS letter with me. She took a look at it and decided to consult another IO. She came back and said you are fine and when ahead and started testing me. Se asked me these questions:

1) Who wrote the declaration of independence?
2) What is the name of president of the USA now?
3) What is the political party of the president now?
4) What are the two major political parties in the USA?
5) Name three of 13 original states?
6) Name one state that borders Mexico?

She said I passed the test, and told me to verify the information that is going to be on my certificate and sign. She then said everything looks good and took copies of my tax (payment arrangement letter) letter and bank statements and told me that her supervisor have to approval it and I will get a letter in the mail for the oath ceremony. I was not even mad, because I have never been successful getting things done on the same day with "men in black" (immigration) since 1998. I know the waiting game is still not over. Thanks to everyone for all the valuable information and good luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
talked to 2nd level IO today, finally my interview has been set for 8/18....

Are 2nd level IO's able to schedule interviews? How about oaths? My wife tried to reschedule her oath by calling the 1-800 # but they said she has to mail it in or use the drop box at Irving center.

Are 2nd level IO's able to schedule interviews? How about oaths? My wife tried to reschedule her oath by calling the 1-800 # but they said she has to mail it in or use the drop box at Irving center.

The second level IO's do not schedule interviews. He was able to tell me that my interview was scheduled on the 18th because thats what it showed in his system.

Just checked the mail, I received the interview letter along with checklist of items to bring to the interview. Time to stop worrying and start studying.

Can any of the people who have taken their oath at the new Irving building let me know if family members were allowed to come in to the ceremony?

Can any of the people who have taken their oath at the new Irving building let me know if family members were allowed to come in to the ceremony?

I still haven't taken my oath yet but I do know that they allow family members. They will have to sit separately from the crowd that are taking oath on that day.

They allowed my spouse even for interview too (but she had to sit downstairs while I waited on the second floor for the interview).

I will appreciate if any one has idea and share it about same day passport service at Houston.My oath is on 27th and I am planning to get appointment at Houston for July 28 to get same day passport.I am flying out of US on July 30.

Any informaiton shared will be appreciated

Well yes and no. It is a big hall which allows family members and visitors also. But once you go inside the hall is divided into 3 sections. Middle section seating is only for people taking the oath ceremony. The other 2 sections on either side is for guests and family members.

No - everyone sits together.

From all I can see on this thread, it looks like the time from RD to Interview in most cases is around 3 months for everyone. Does anyone know why the USCIS processing times show that they are still processing cases in 2008 for Dallas? Let me know if anyone has had to wait a lot longer than 3 months for their interviews.

Based on my observation, they're are sending out OL in 3-4 weeks after the interview. So you may get it this week or at the most next week.

The front line customer reps are just dumb terminals employed to read out canned responses. No Use. If you really want to get some info about your oath...insist on talking to 2nd level IO..they may try to convince that you will still get the same info...but keep pushing for 2nd level IO...they can not refuse...eventually connect u to the 2nd level IO.

i had my interview on june 23rd and still havent heard back on the oath date. i called the number on the uscis website and talked to someone but they were not able to help at all. actually they seem to be reading off printed material and keep repeating the printouts when i asked them if they can check their system to see whats going on.
well, they said that they cannot do anything until 90 days has passed after the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yes and no. It is a big hall which allows family members and visitors also. But once you go inside the hall is divided into 3 sections. Middle section seating is only for people taking the oath ceremony. The other 2 sections on either side is for guests and family members.
Really? I must have imagined my girlfriend sitting next to me in the middle section then.

(From what I can remember, the people taking the oath were scattered everywhere throughout the hall, but invariably with their own entourage.)

Really? I must have imagined my girlfriend sitting next to me in the middle section then.

(From what I can remember, the people taking the oath were scattered everywhere throughout the hall, but invariably with their own entourage.)

Maybe there is no uniform code of seating at the oath ceremonies :).

Is there any way to find out if the DO is conducting oath ceremony on the same as interview? I know my ID and want to know if there is a oath ceremony on the same day?

Thanks for the info... very useful.
You said -
"Went through the usual protocol and again answered all the YES and NO questions."
What are the YES and NO questions ? Any help appreciated...