Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Because I will out of town three weeks later. And I tried to call USCIS for three times. First IO said case still pending. Second said approved, third said approved but review, and everyone need to go through.

I hope I won't need to wait for long. And is the oath letter send from the service center?

Thanks for your response.

Re : Texasforcitizen

Hi Texas for Citizen ,

Glad you posted this information , I was kind of not sure what happens between the Interview Approved ( N652 , Congrats passed the Interview ) , and the Oath Letter.

So does everyone goes through this Audit / Secondary Review ? , I actually applied from Atlanta , and most people had the interview / oath done the same day , I was scheduled at 1:25 where the last oath is at 2 , so I was told to wait 3-4 weeks for the Oath letter .

Any information on the Audit / Waiting Period between Interview passed and Recieving the oath letter would help , also would the USCIS call centre have any update or I have to do an Info pass ( My interview was on 11/13/2007).

Thanks !

Second Review/Audit

Hi Texas for Citizen ,

Glad you posted this information , I was kind of not sure what happens between the Interview Approved ( N652 , Congrats passed the Interview ) , and the Oath Letter.

So does everyone goes through this Audit / Secondary Review ? , I actually applied from Atlanta , and most people had the interview / oath done the same day , I was scheduled at 1:25 where the last oath is at 2 , so I was told to wait 3-4 weeks for the Oath letter .

Any information on the Audit / Waiting Period between Interview passed and Recieving the oath letter would help , also would the USCIS call centre have any update or I have to do an Info pass ( My interview was on 11/13/2007).

Thanks !

Hi Taurean77,
Yes everyone goes through this second review. They made us wait in the waiting area after the interview while the audit was being done and then they handed the N445 out to those who didn't require a thorough review, while others were told to wait.
USCIS call center will not have any info and their answer is not consistent. I got a different answer every time I called in. So, I would recommend an InfoPass. When I made my InfoPass, I was told that I was audited on 10/17/2007 and my interview was on 10/02/2007. They told me all my checks were complete, just waiting for the oath and they also mentioned that another department schedules the oath. Hopefully this helps.

Hi Taurean77,
Yes everyone goes through this second review. They made us wait in the waiting area after the interview while the audit was being done and then they handed the N445 out to those who didn't require a thorough review, while others were told to wait.
USCIS call center will not have any info and their answer is not consistent. I got a different answer every time I called in. So, I would recommend an InfoPass. When I made my InfoPass, I was told that I was audited on 10/17/2007 and my interview was on 10/02/2007. They told me all my checks were complete, just waiting for the oath and they also mentioned that another department schedules the oath. Hopefully this helps.

Hi, Texas for citizen

you mean everyone need to go for the second review( first review is interview??)?? No matter they received congratulation letter or wait for decision letter after interview?
I called the USCIS number they say everything is fine, and ask me to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
She did an infopass the week before my oath as we thought her letter may have gotten lost in the mail. All they told her was that her oath wasn't scheduled as yet and they had 120 days to schedule the oath ceremony.

Some good news.....my wife got her oath letter today. She'll be taking the oath at the Dallas Convention Center on Dec 18th. A rather nice Christmas present!!!

I had my oath in Plano on Nov 1st.

While it was a bit stressful for us since we didn't have our oaths on the same day, in the end, her citizenship process took 6 1/2 months whereas I took 5 months.

Some good news.....my wife got her oath letter today. She'll be taking the oath at the Dallas Convention Center on Dec 18th. A rather nice Christmas present!!!

While it was a bit stressful for us since we didn't have our oaths on the same day, in the end, her citizenship process took 6 1/2 months whereas I took 5 months.

Did you originally apply at the same time?

Congratulation!!!!!

It's nice to hear this before Christmas.::)

When is the notice day and mailing day? Is the letter sent from the District office?

When is the notice day and mailing day? Is the letter sent from the District office?

The date on the notice is Dec 4. It was mailed on Dec 6th and she got it Dec 8.

The only indication as to where it came from is the return address on the envelope which is the Texas Service Center in Mesquite, TX.

Yes, we applied at the same time and everything we did was on the same day (receipt date, fingerprints, interview), but for some reason, I had my oath ceremony 6 weeks before her.

That's odd. You'd think they would have scheduled oath at same time. Maybe they use oath scheduling system based on name or something.

filing together

:mad::mad:
That's odd. You'd think they would have scheduled oath at same time. Maybe they use oath scheduling system based on name or something.

Filed together with my wife see below for filing info:
My wife just received her IV notice, I am still waiting.
Also I called the USCIS and requested a service update and I recieved something very strange in mail after two weeks. It states in their letter that "Wrong application was filed" eventhough mine and my wife's were exactly the same and also we did our biometrics on the same date! Any idea anybody!

:confused:By the way the online satus check is also not providing accurate info as my wife's status still shows as pending and in reality she received her interview letter.

Spouse:

RD: 2/20/2007
FP: 3/14/2007
IL: 11/26/2007
IV:1/03/2008
oath???????

My N400 was filed with VSC when I was in NY and now I am in Dallas TX, is there any way one can predict the FP and rest of the steps for my Citizenship will take place, I got my receipt no but not the actual receipt. I will greatly appreciate to hear your experiences.

Thanks
Taimoor Waheed
610 772 4406

Have you provided USCIS with your change of address? I would inquire regularly with customer service and talk with an immigration officer to determine the status of your case.

My experience

I had my infopass appointment for 6th Dec for my Oath letter. My interview was completed on July 17th and I received the letter with Congratulations. The officer at the counter was nice and mentioned that it has been sent to a department for scheduling. She was not sure of the dates but asked me to check to check 2 months later in case I did not receive one.

Does anyone have any idea of when the oath dates are scheduled in Tarrant County.

Thanks

Does anyone have any idea of when the oath dates are scheduled in Tarrant County.

To be honest, it doesn't seem to matter that you live in Tarrant in that you may not necessarily get your oath in Tarrant. My wife and I live in Tarrant county. I had my oath in Plano on Nov 1 and my wife has her oath in Dallas (at the Dallas Convention Center) on Tuesday.

Derek

I had my infopass appointment for 6th Dec for my Oath letter. My interview was completed on July 17th and I received the letter with Congratulations. The officer at the counter was nice and mentioned that it has been sent to a department for scheduling. She was not sure of the dates but asked me to check to check 2 months later in case I did not receive one.

Thanks

Here are the Oath dates that I found. Hope this helps.

Dallas Convention Center: 12/18/2007
Arlington Convention Center: 1/29/2008

Got IL for Jan 08

Folks,

Just got back from the holidays to find the interview notice letter in the mail for both the wife and myself. :eek::D

The sig is updated to help others with timeline info. I guess this means that I made it through the name check?

Regards,

Called the USCIS number , was told it can take from 60-90 days post Interview to get the Oath letter ( haven't seen that on this forum anywhere)

Does anyone know the process for scheduling Oath for people who are not lucky enough to get same day Oath's as myself ?

Wondering how long should I wait before doing an infopass ?

Called the USCIS number , was told it can take from 60-90 days post Interview to get the Oath letter ( haven't seen that on this forum anywhere)

Does anyone know the process for scheduling Oath for people who are not lucky enough to get same day Oath's as myself ?

Wondering how long should I wait before doing an infopass ?

Unfortunately it's anyone's guess how long it will take to receive oath appointment letter due to DO specific backlogs that can vary from week to week. I would make an Infopass 120 days after your interview if you have not received the oath letter yet.