Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Done!!!! Dallas,TX

My wife and I are US Citizens now. I do not have the dates with me but we mailed the applications the last week of June 2007 to the TSC. Everything moved really fast.
My interview was on Oct 17 around 10AM and I was scheduled to take the Oath the same day at 2:00 PM
My wife's interview was on Oct 24 around 9AM and she was scheduled to take the Oath the same day at 2:00 PM too.

I corrected a typo on my application during the interview without any problem. I also had 2 traffic tickets that I disclosed ( when I mailed the application) even though was not necessary because of the cost of the ticket but I did it anyway and I was prepared with all the documentation. I was asked about the with-hold adjudication on one of them (Traffic School in lieu of points to keep the insurance low) He said "0Speeding violation only right?" I said "Yes". He went over all the yes/no questions on the application, History-Civic questions, etc ( I do not remember the order of this)

And then he said congratulations..........

Overall we were pleased with all the proccess. Everyone at the Naturalization office were very polite. It was a small but a very emotive and nice ceremony.

Now it is time to relax and forget for a while all this...... I still need to go through the N-600 application and the passport but I will take a 1 week break here.

VERY IMPORTAN - DO NOT SIGN your certificate until you read the instructions. This mistake can cost you another $460 we were told but I have not confirmed this. Sign the certificate the same way you signed the pictures during the interview, if you printed your name on the picture you must print your name on your certificate, if you signed the picture then you have to sign the certificate. Just read the instructions or wait for the instructions to be explained during the ceremony.

Thanks to everyone for the valuable information. I will post my dates tomorrow.

Good Luck to Everyone and hang in there....

Approved

After the interview on Oct. 2nd IO told me that they needed supervisors approval etc.Went to my infopass appointment today and was told that I was approved :) and am waiting to be scheduled for the next oath ceremony. Does anyone know about the upcoming oath dates? I live in Tarrant county, not sure if that matters.

After the interview on Oct. 2nd IO told me that they needed supervisors approval etc.Went to my infopass appointment today and was told that I was approved :) and am waiting to be scheduled for the next oath ceremony. Does anyone know about the upcoming oath dates? I live in Tarrant county, not sure if that matters.

I live in Tarrant county also. I had my interview on Sep 28th and passed. I have my oath ceremony on Thursday (Nov 1st).

I was told that they only have the oath ceremony once per month.

BTW, the oath ceremony I have to attend is in Plano.

Oath

I live in Tarrant county also. I had my interview on Sep 28th and passed. I have my oath ceremony on Thursday (Nov 1st).

I was told that they only have the oath ceremony once per month.

BTW, the oath ceremony I have to attend is in Plano.

Thanks derek.... and congrats. Did you get a letter in the mail or did they tell you about the Oath date right after the interview?

Thanks derek.... and congrats. Did you get a letter in the mail or did they tell you about the Oath date right after the interview?

I got a letter in the mail last week Wednesday.....it arrived just 8 days before the oath ceremony.

One odd thing though is that my wife and I both applied at the same time and everything we did was on the same day up to, and including the interview, but she hasn't been scheduled for her oath as yet. She did an Infopass this week as we thought her letter may have been lost in the mail. The IO told her they are still validating some stuff in her application. She's hoping to have her oath in December.

Took an Infopass appointment today to see if there was any news about my Oath Ceremony. I was told that my Oath Ceremony had not been scheduled yet so the person I spoke to said he would send a message to the original IO and ask him to contact me (he took my phone numbers and address). I wonder what will happen next :)

========================================================
Dallas DO & Texas Service Center
Application made under 319(b) (expedited naturalization based on spouse serving as missionary for a US religous organization overseas)

03/30/2007 - RD/PD
04/11/2007 - FP notice
05/01/2007 - FP done
07/10/2007 - IVL notice date
07/17/2007 - IVL received in mail
08/28/2007 - IV date
??/??/2007 - Oath ceremony

Oath Cermony

I had my interview on july 17th and was told that I would be scheduled for oath in FW due to name change. I have not still received any notice yet. Do I need to take a Infoapass to check?

Thanks for the info.

Good Idea

I had my interview on july 17th and was told that I would be scheduled for oath in FW due to name change. I have not still received any notice yet. Do I need to take a Infoapass to check?

Thanks for the info.

Yes it will be a good idea, it has been over 3 months you should find out why.

The IO called me by phone today to tell me he would schedule my Oath Ceremony for Tuesday, November 27 at 2pm at the Dallas DO! From what he said I think this is just a standard ceremony, mostly attended by same day approvals.

Application made under 319(b) (expedited naturalization based on spouse serving as missionary for a US religous organization overseas)

03/30/2007 - RD/PD
04/11/2007 - FP notice
05/01/2007 - FP done
08/28/2007 - IV date
11/27/2007 - Oath ceremony

oath

The IO called me by phone today to tell me he would schedule my Oath Ceremony for Tuesday, November 27 at 2pm at the Dallas DO! From what he said I think this is just a standard ceremony, mostly attended by same day approvals.

03/30/2007 - RD/PD
04/11/2007 - FP notice
05/01/2007 - FP done
08/28/2007 - IV date

Congratulations!!! Wow that was nice of him/her to give you a call. Yes, you are right my wife went to the same day 2:00PM oath cermony on 10/2. I wish my IO was that nice.:)

BBC Report on USCIS backlog:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7107217.stm

The backlog could take 18 months to resolve, leaving many applicants unable to vote in the November 2008 election.

The delays will affect those who filed citizenship applications after 1 June with the Citizenship and Immigration Services agency, part of the Department of Homeland Security, said officials.

18 months will be a long wait. in between if we move , case will be delayed by 3 more months. hope it won't take that much time.

Had my Oath Ceremony today at the Dallas DO! Everyone else there seemed to have had their interview that same morning. My case seemed to be outside of their normal process as I didn't receive my Oath letter until I arrived at the ceremony and my certificate was being printed out during the ceremony whereas everyone else's was there already! Despite all this everything went smoothly!

================================================== ======

03/30/2007 - RD/PD
04/11/2007 - FP notice
05/01/2007 - FP done
08/28/2007 - IV date

Oath dates in Dallas?

I have an interview on December 14th in Dallas. Need to know if there is oath ceremony on the same day. Does anyone know or got a letter for Oath ceremony on December 14th, 2007? Is there any other way or through a web site to find this?

Thanks

Yes

I have an interview on December 14th in Dallas. Need to know if there is oath ceremony on the same day. Does anyone know or got a letter for Oath ceremony on December 14th, 2007? Is there any other way or through a web site to find this?

Thanks

Yes, Dallas has same day oath ceremonies but it depends if you get approved and audited the same day or not. If not then you have to wait for the Oath letter. I'm currently in that situation.

I just called the USCIS and the IO told the my file is already approved and now they are "review". She said everyone need to go through this process. Is this normal?????, I never heard this before.
Is this mean I am already approved and wait for the oath letter?

My service center is TSC, IV date is 11/15, after IV I already received the congratulation letter.
I hope I won't need to wait for a long time
It seems people who belong to TSC need to wait for a long time.

I just called the USCIS and the IO told the my file is already approved and now they are "review". She said everyone need to go through this process. Is this normal?????, I never heard this before.
Is this mean I am already approved and wait for the oath letter?

My service center is TSC, IV date is 11/15, after IV I already received the congratulation letter.
I hope I won't need to wait for a long time
It seems people who belong to TSC need to wait for a long time.

I think my wife is in this same situation. We both had our interview on Sep 28 and were both approved. I had my oath ceremony on Nov 1, but my wife is still waiting for hers.

I think my wife is in this same situation. We both had our interview on Sep 28 and were both approved. I had my oath ceremony on Nov 1, but my wife is still waiting for hers.

Hi, thanks for your response.

Is your wife make a call to uscis or an infopass.
I really don't understand why the IO told me everyone need to go through the review?????

What does this mean??

Is your wife make a call to uscis or an infopass.
I really don't understand why the IO told me everyone need to go through the review?????

What does this mean??

She did an infopass the week before my oath as we thought her letter may have gotten lost in the mail. All they told her was that her oath wasn't scheduled as yet and they had 120 days to schedule the oath ceremony.