Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Oath

Called the USCIS number , was told it can take from 60-90 days post Interview to get the Oath letter ( haven't seen that on this forum anywhere)

Does anyone know the process for scheduling Oath for people who are not lucky enough to get same day Oath's as myself ?

Wondering how long should I wait before doing an infopass ?

I had an infopass today inquiring about my Oath, there was a new revelation, the officier who interviewed and approved me has not released my file for reverification. The IO told me that she will send an email to the interviewer's supervisor to further inquire. I don't think the delay is due to backlog at this stage, but due to incompetency of USCIS. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to hear from some one soon,

I would also recommend an infopass.

I had an infopass today inquiring about my Oath, there was a new revelation, the officier who interviewed and approved me has not released my file for reverification. The IO told me that she will send an email to the interviewer's supervisor to further inquire. I don't think the delay is due to backlog at this stage, but due to incompetency of USCIS. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to hear from some one soon,

I would also recommend an infopass.

It is really sad to hear the officer hasn't released your file for reverification.
I have an infopass on 1/3, I hope I can hear some good news.

Finally a Citizen

It is really sad to hear the officer hasn't released your file for reverification.
I have an infopass on 1/3, I hope I can hear some good news.

Hi Matilda,

Thanks for the concern. How did your infopass go? I'm sure that my last infopass did the trick, the email to the supervisor made the difference. The IO officer (who interviewd me) called me on 1/2/08 and asked if I could attend the ceremony the next day (1/3/2008). I was eager to do it, so I went to the ceremony yesterday and took the oath. The creremony was an hour long, got there at 2PM and was out by 3PM. Its great that Dallas DO has every day oath ceremonies. The moral of the story is to do some thing and raise your voice. Now I need to apply for the passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
My spouse got it

My spouse finally got there, i am still waiting.

Funny thing is that her case still shows as pending at the USCIS online.

Info does not help the case

Have you taken an infopass? Also, I took the oath the same day as your wife. We might have seen each other.

i did not go to an Infopass, my wife asked about my case, she was told that it was at the name check, I guess they wont tell me any different either. So I just wait.
By the way, does the fact that my wife is a US citizen now help my case now or in the future?

Regards,

Well...

i did not go to an Infopass, my wife asked about my case, she was told that it was at the name check, I guess they wont tell me any different either. So I just wait.
By the way, does the fact that my wife is a US citizen now help my case now or in the future?

Regards,

I don't think it will help, my wife became a citizen 3 months before I did. We both interviewed the same day, but she got to take the oath the same day but I was told that some matters had to be cleared before the final approval. But I stayed persistent with infopasses and eventually got the oath.

got PP

Recieved PP today, 9 days not bad. Have not recieved the Naturalization Certificate, they said that it will be mailed separately. The State Deparment's was great it gave updated status unlike USCIS' website, where it has not changed my satus since I applied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Passport

Texanforcitizen, did you apply for an expedited passport? Congratulations on your receiving the passport.

Thanks
Bala

Interview experience & timeline - Interview: Jan 23 08

Timeline in signature and interview experience below...

My wife and I had our interviews this morning. It was fairly straight forward, except for one pointn (explained later).

The wife was called in within 5 minutes of us arriving (25 minutes ahead of time). I was called in 20 minutes ahead of my scheduled time. It pays to get there a little early.

The IO made me take the oath and then asked for the documents on the list and then went through every item in the application in painstaking detail.

He went through all the responses on the application - which I answered.

He checked trips with a couple of stamps on passport. I had three more trips, that I had updated on an additional sheet and handed that to him. He asked me why I had taken so many trips abroad and I mentioned it was requiored for my job. He seemed satisfied.

He went through my traffic citatrions and I showed him receipts for payments, defensive driving and the driving record - he made copies of all.

He asked me the civics questions and then the reading and writing of one sentence.

He made me sign the application inluding the oath part and also the photograph and then started to search through the docs and on his computrer screen. He eventually let me in on what he was looking for - a letter from my employer with my job description and an explanation of why I had to take so many trips abroad (Note - I was still within the continuous residency requirements, but still...). I am looking to mail him this today afternoon, so he can proceed with scheduling the oath. If not for this, he would probably have scheduled my oath today.

The wife is requesting a name change so her ceremony is not till Februaury. Her case was fairly straight forward, so she had no issues.

Civics questions asked us both -
- What was the ship on which the pilgrims first came to US
- Color of the stars
- What is the constitution
- How many total amendments are there
- Who was the first president of the US
- What are the two main political parties in the US
- Who did we fight the revolutionary war with?
- Why are there 100 senators
- Others I cant recall :)

All the questions were from the list. Good Luck and hope this helps.

Note -They dont allow food, drink, cellphone or any recording device into office.

The IO made me take the oath and then asked for the documents on the list and then went through every item in the application in painstaking detail.

He went through all the responses on the application - which I answered.

He checked trips with a couple of stamps on passport. I had three more trips, that I had updated on an additional sheet and handed that to him. He asked me why I had taken so many trips abroad and I mentioned it was requiored for my job. He seemed satisfied.

It still amazes me how different people's experiences are at the interview. For my interview, the IO just scanned my application and didn't even ask me about any of my responses.

I think in my case, we happened to start a friendly rapport quite quickly. I'm from Trinidad and she mentioned she used to be a flight attendant and flew to Trinidad on several occasions. I asked her if it was with American Airlines as that's the main US airline that flies there, but then she proceeded to tell me it was with Pan Am. We had a good laugh as it's been a LOOOOONG time since Pan Am stopped flying. This occurred very early in the interview and after that, she basically just scanned through everything and the whole process was more like a friendly conversation.

She was also the same IO for my wife who was right after me. My wife's interview went just as easy and she even told my wife that she had a very nice husband :)

Finally done

I had my naturalization cermony at Arlington Convention Center today that was a judicial cermony. If you are going through a name change the cermony will be a judicial one in the county in which you live. It took me 5 months from the interview to the oath cermony. My interview was on Aug 17th. Hopefully this will be of help to those who have applied for a name change.

Thanks

Name check query

Hi
I had my first infopass on 31st Jan and was told that I can not receive my finger print notice until my namecheck/background check is done by FBI.
I was under the impression that these checks only starts after finger print but I was told differently. Anybody knows whats going on???

N400 mailed on 8/20/07 to TSC
Priority date of 8/21/07
NOA received 12/21/07

Namecheck initiated on 12/20/07

infopass on 1/31/2008

I had my interview yesterday. Everything went well nothing out of the ordinary. I had a DWI back in 1997, it was dismissed and i had documents regarding it. I wanted to get updated documents on it but the courts or the PD have no public records about it. I told that to the IO, he informed me that he needed to get the supervisor approval and that I would be contacted via mail. He took my test (passed) and told me that he would recommend that it be approved and just needed to supervisor OK.

My dad is having his interview this friday. Are they still having same day oath? He's not having a name change or anything, nothing special about his case. Long as he's dressed nicely(suit and a tie) can he request for same day oath correct?

N400 update

Here is the latest update!!!!!!!!!!!

Priority date of 8/21/07
NOA received 12/21/07

infopass on 1/31/2008
Name check pending and USCIS can not proceed unless name check cleared.

02/06/2008 FP letter receied
02/22/2008 FP done

Does it mean NC cleared- no idea. any thoughts ????????????

Just go for another infopass, then you will be certain. FP used to mean nothing related to NC, but the rule could be changed.

Here is the latest update!!!!!!!!!!!

Priority date of 8/21/07
NOA received 12/21/07

infopass on 1/31/2008
Name check pending and USCIS can not proceed unless name check cleared.

02/06/2008 FP letter receied
02/22/2008 FP done

Does it mean NC cleared- no idea. any thoughts ????????????