Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Need to travel abroad but waiting on Oath

Hi,
I passed my Interview on Mar 16 08 at Dallas and was told that will receive the Oath letter in 120 days. I was wondering if anyone else is around the same timeline and has received the Oath letter. Does anyone know when the next Oath is scheduled for the Dallas DO ( I know that the office has a daily oath but was wondering when the large convention center one is).
I am thinking of waiting for another month before I do an infopass, technically I should wait the full 3 months, but i need to travel abroad within the next 2 months
Thanks

oath

i passed my interview on the 5th of March and am still waiting for my oath letter. have done an infopass and was told to let them know if i didn't hear from them till June

Salujac,
thanks,
i am probably gonna do an Infopass in 2 weeks, will update you, let us know if you get oath letter

Quick Update

After the long delay ,due to extensive travel for work, I got through to an IO again who informed me that my oath letter was in the mail and that I am scheduled for May 6th.

:cool:Kewl!

My PD was July 18 07
Procedure was simple, you will be interviewed separately (Husband & wife)
take oath (tell truth)
show GC and drivers license & passport
Need to tell if you travelled out of US after PD
Tell if you were arrested for anything, do you pay taxes etc

next is Naturalization exam
read and write a simple question
If approved you will be asked to write name on the photos you submitted in your N-400
typically they will ask if you can do same day oath, later in same building at 2:00 pm

Done

when is your Interview?

Kmurali70,
sometimes depending on the circumstances of your case they can move that fast, however, don't look at getting your oat ceremony until a month after your interview counting everything goes well. Remember answer the question they ask based on what is writing on your application and dont volunteer information unless is necessary. 99 out 100 the reason why people walk into trouble is because they volunteer info and give the IO reasonable doubt to look further into other cituations. Being said that I know you'll do fine and will be a USC before election day

is this fast or what ?

This is fast, may be too fast to get cancelled like mine. My interview was so fast that i dd not reach my 5 year on the day day of my interview, and it was cancelled.... Too lucky and finally unlucky. I filled 90-day before my 5-year and got interview letter within 84 days.

This is fast, may be too fast to get cancelled like mine. My interview was so fast that i dd not reach my 5 year on the day day of my interview, and it was cancelled.... Too lucky and finally unlucky. I filled 90-day before my 5-year and got interview letter within 84 days.

I applied after being on GC for 7years, so shouldnt think that is a issue.
thx

Update......

I send my N400 and timeline is as follow

Send to TSC
Apps Send to USCIS on ................................ 06/19/08
Apps Received by USCIS on .......................... 06/20/08
Check Cash on ........................................... 06/24/08
Recipt Day -----------------------------------06/23/08
Priority Day ................................................06/23/08
NOA Date .................................................. 06/26/08
NOA Received Date .............07/01/2008 2 says to expect interview within 240 days
FP Notice Data sent .................................... 07/01/2008
FP Notice received date ............................... 07/03/2008
FP Appoinment Date .................................... 07/12/2008
IL Notice Day .............................................
IL Notice Received Day ................................
IL appoinment day ......................................
OL notice day ............................................
OL notice sent day .....................................
OC day .................................................. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would appreciate if anyone with experience can answer my question below:

I have been a resident for 20 years. I have applied form the Dallas Area for Naturalization on August 27 2007. It took until late December before my check was cashed. Since then things were progressing well and I had my Interview in May 21st (2 months ago now).

I had 1 arrest for assault on my record that I was never charged for and I actually had the record of the arrest expunged. I should the officer all the records for the arrest, the county letter of not pursuing charges and the judge letter for expunging my record. Since the record of the arrest it did not even show in any name check.

At the end of the interview, the officer was satisfied and made the recommendation for naturalization. When I asked her how long will it take to receive the letter for the ceremony, she indicated 1 month.

I have not received anything yet. I see many people post here that they received their notice in under a month and that has me concerned. Does anyone know if the delay is because of local office being behind? Should I be concerned at this point?

I did an info pass and the way they handle it in Dallas is you stand at a window outside and talk to an office. All I was told on the info pass is they have until September to get back with me.