desi2go said:
Got my Interview Letter today. :)

My Details
------------
PD : 9/20/06
FP Date : 10/13/06
IL: 12/21/06
ID: 2/9/07

Just to give you an idea of how much faster life is in the Dallas DO this year, my PD was a year earlier than yours (9/19/2005), I got my interview letter at the end of March (2006) for an interview on May 5th (that they subsequently descheduled my interview is moot - my wife went through the same schedule and took the oath June 1).

It's good to hear you folks are breezing through this year.

DWI :mad:

I was caught for DWI last week and yet to get a court date can any one suggest me how to handle situation to get least punishment I was charged with gross misdemnor as this is my 1st DWI and Breatlyzer is higher than .20
I know this is not a right place to ask this question but I know lot of you guys here gone thru the situation so kindly advice me.

Thx
Ku

You have no question in you post. Are you thinking of applying for naturalization? Have you applied? If so, at what point in the processing are you?

I have no experience in this realm. However, the general advice on this forum is that if you have a DWI and you are contemplating naturalization, it's a good idea to consult an immigration attorney (i.e. someone who regularly deals with the USCIS) *before* you apply. If you have already applied, then you should consider talking to an attorney before the next step in your processing happens

But, I'm not a lawyer and I really have no experience here.

desi2go said:
Got my Interview Letter today. :)

Also found out that my wife's is stuck in name check.. God Help us :confused:

My Details
------------
IL: 12/21/06
ID: 2/9/07

Wife's details
---------------
IL: ??
ID: ??

Stuck in name check.

how did you figure out that your wife's application is stuck in name check ?

WHen I did the Infopass the IO told me that my namecheck has comeback complete and my wife's still pending. So I guess if we get the Il, namecheck is complete.

The dreaded N word .............

I took an infopass on 21st december as PD was MAY 30th and FP was august 16th. The IO was a desi and he told me the dreadful news " USCIS has not recieved my background check from FBI" Well born in India..last name muslim.. male.. so i figured that could be it. anyway when i called FBI 2 months back they said FP results have been sent back the same day. i also sent an email to fbi namecheck to see what happened.. 10 days no reply yet.

i am just so sick of the uncertainity reading the time frame this name check this took for others here.. and what they had to go through.. may krishna help me.. anyone with the same situation here 4 months after finger prints and no word??

Does anyone know if there is a website or link that lists the up-coming naturalization ceremonies in the dallas-fw metroplex?

MissMolina said:
Does anyone know if there is a website or link that lists the up-coming naturalization ceremonies in the dallas-fw metroplex?

Well, I googled it and here is what I found : http://www.txnd.uscourts.gov/pdf/jury/Natzschedule.pdf

According to this, only 4 per year, that does not seem right, but this is only for dallas county.
Can anyone post similar links for other county's which include plano , arlington etc ?

Not that I know of. The only way I've ever seen anything about upcoming Dallas Natz ceremony's is this forum. There are way more than 4/year -- just another example of the USCIS's "confuse the customer" policy

Thanks s_a_kumar for the link to Arlington Oath dates.

I checked Dallas Convention center website they have events caleander but no Oath dates, even the past known Oath dates are not shown in this calander. Same for Plano center.

PD=Oct-14-06
FP=Nov-8-06
IL=Dec-15-06
IV= Feb-14-07
Oath=??

After Interview

Hi All,

I am going to be sworn as US Citizen soon. My question is as follows:

1. Can I apply passport for my kids along with me on the same day. What documents do I need for them.

2. I also intend to apply N-600 for the kids. Can I do both together or which one should be first. Is there any help available on what document needed to be submitted.

Your help is very much appreciated.

I couldn't figure out how to apply for a passport for my daughter and my wife on the same day. Both applications require an original naturalization certificate (and, since my daughter's citizenship was based on my wife's naturalization (mine was delayed), both applications needed the same original document).

I expect that if you drive down to the regional "passport agency" that the state department has in Houston, there might be a way.

I ended up applying for my daughter first (expeditied, through the DFW post office), and then for my wife.

The N-600 only requires a copy of most documents (including the parent(s)'s naturalization certificate). The instructions associated with the form are a little long (8 pages) but very complete.

We submitted the following (this is based only on my wife's naturalization (which happened in June (mine was in late November)):

1. A completed N-600 Form
  2. Copy of my daughter's birth certificate
  3. Copy of my daughter's birth certificate
  4. Copy of our marriage certificate
  5. Copy of my wife's naturalization certificate
  6. Copy of both sides of my daughter's green card
  7. Copy of the front pages of my daughter's US passport
    (we applied for my daughter's passport the day of my wife's naturalization - we had received the PP by the time we submitted the N-600)
  8. Several "proofs of residence", including:
    • Copies of both my daughter's and my wife's TX drivers licenses (my daughter is 17)
    • One of my wife's paystubs (showing her address)
    • A mortgage statement (an original)
    • Copy of my daughter's report card
  9. Three identical passport photos of my daughter
  10. A check (to DHS) for $255

We sent this all to the Dallas DO in late June. Other than a flimsy receipt, we haven't heard anything yet. However, the processing times web site would tend to indicate that we should be getting something soon.

Good luck

Thanks Flydog for the info. Does N-600 takes that long. I thought it would be soon even though the timeline says different online like for N-400 (they are well ahead of that period). I am also thinking of sending my kids to India during May-June and not sure if they have to be here to get the certificate.

Yes, it takes that long (take a look at the processing times at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=24). I'm hoping that they are accurate. All to decide that my daughter, who has a US Passport is indeed a US Citizen.

You don't need the certificate to prove anything, all you need is a passport (it is considered a proof of citizenship). What's nice about the certificate is that it lasts forever and doesn't bind a child's "proof of citizenship" to the parent's (for example, if my daughter let's her passport lapse long enough that she needs to go back to an original citizenship document, she won't need to rely on proving that she was under 18, had a valid green card and lived with her parents when they naturalized).

I'll post something when I get the interview letter, and I'll post a full "Experiences and Timeline" thread once the whole process is finished (which I'm expecting shouldn't be too much longer).

I really looking forward to this - it will be my last interaction with the USCIS forever.

axp1012000 said:
Thanks s_a_kumar for the link to Arlington Oath dates.

I checked Dallas Convention center website they have events caleander but no Oath dates, even the past known Oath dates are not shown in this calander. Same for Plano center.

PD=Oct-14-06
FP=Nov-8-06
IL=Dec-15-06
IV= Feb-14-07
Oath=??
PD=Oct-14-06
FP=Nov-8-06
IL=Dec-15-06
IV= Feb-14-07
Oath=??

What do PD, FP, IL. IV mean? I can guess FP means fingerprinting but can someone help me what others mean? Thanks.

PD = Priority date (it's on all of your notices)
IL = Interview letter (date)
IV = Interview (date)

Hello folks,
I am joining your club.

I think I am stuck in NC.
Both myself and my wife appiled for citizenship on October 13th, 2006
We did our FP on October 31st, 2006
On December, 23rd, My wife received the Interview Letter in the mail.
However, I haven't received mine yet.

The funny thing neither my case nor my wife case were changed in the "Online Case Status". Both of them are still saying "Case received and pending"

So, I called UCIS to know that no interview letter was mailed to me as my case is still pending the NC.
I have a feeling It will be a long wait.

Here is my Case details:

Filed N400: 10/13/2006
DO: Dallas
FP done: 10/31/2006
Interview Letter for my wife received: 12/23/2006
My wife Interview is scheduled on: 02/20/2007
Interview Letter for me: ????

I have an Infopass schedule on Monday at 7:30
I will post the details.

Thanks,
mimo_yyy