Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

mimo_yyy said:
Hello folks,
I am joining your club.

I think I am stuck in NC.
Both myself and my wife appiled for citizenship on October 13th, 2006
We did our FP on October 31st, 2006
On December, 23rd, My wife received the Interview Letter in the mail.
However, I haven't received mine yet.

The funny thing neither my case nor my wife case were changed in the "Online Case Status". Both of them are still saying "Case received and pending"

So, I called UCIS to know that no interview letter was mailed to me as my case is still pending the NC.
I have a feeling It will be a long wait.

Here is my Case details:

Filed N400: 10/13/2006
DO: Dallas
FP done: 10/31/2006
Interview Letter for my wife received: 12/23/2006
My wife Interview is scheduled on: 02/20/2007
Interview Letter for me: ????

I have an Infopass schedule on Monday at 7:30
I will post the details.

Thanks,
mimo_yyy
When you go for the InfoPass appointment ask the officer specifically whether your name check cleared. The Name check info is on a separate screen and not on the main one so the officer has to go to this second screen to answer your Name check question.

Thanks for the advise.
I will ask them on Monday.

I will also try to push them to do an expedite request of the NC.
I am trying to document everything for future need.

I have a question,
If in fact my Infopass concludes that I am stuck in NC, Do you think I should start contacting the congressman, or Ombudsman now?
Or should I wait for some more time especially that I only filed for my N400 on 10/13/06 (less than 2.5 month ago).

What do you all think?

I'll Probably Wait

mimo_yyy said:
Thanks for the advise.
I will ask them on Monday.

I will also try to push them to do an expedite request of the NC.
I am trying to document everything for future need.

I have a question,
If in fact my Infopass concludes that I am stuck in NC, Do you think I should start contacting the congressman, or Ombudsman now?
Or should I wait for some more time especially that I only filed for my N400 on 10/13/06 (less than 2.5 month ago).

What do you all think?

Hi mimo_yyy,

I would probably wait, since it hasn't even been 3 months yet. Just to give you an idea, my wife and I applied together and here is our timeline.....

PD: 10/6/06
FP: 10/25/06
IL: Waiting
Oath: Waithing

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question on Interview

We have applied N400 on June and I got my citizenship on September. but we were waiting for my wife's IV letter. yesterday She took a Infopass apointment and found out her interview letter was send on Nov 22nd and Interview is scheduled on Jan 16th.

We did not receive the interview letter at all. When she told the INS officer, she gave a letter saying that, on Jan 3rd she inquired about the status and the interview is scheduled on Jan 16th with the USCIS Symbol.

Does any one had the similar experience? Is it ok to go to the interview with that printout from the USCIS officer (with out the actucal interview letter)

Any help is appriciated

Regards,
SVR

SVR_999,
Here is what I would suggest to do:

1- Call the USCIS, I would imagine they might have a way to resend the Interview Letter.

If the above is not possible for them to do, here is another suggestion:
- Scheudle an Infopass for your wife to be in the same day and around the same time of her interview (January, 16th).
This Infopass will gurantee that your wife will be able to enter the Distict Center (either using the Letter from the Officer or using the Infopass).

Once she enters, they should call her name as her interview is already scheduled.
At this time, she can explain to the office that she didn't receive the interview letter and that another officer gave her a letter to attend.

I believe this should work.
Good Luck.

BTW, was your wife stuck in Name Check?
Why did it take too long for your wife to get the IL compared to you?
I am in the same situation where my wife got the IL but I didn't get mine yet.

Thanks,
mimo_yyy

My case was much faster. With in 3 months I have completed my oath also.
We should have got the interview letter in the last week of November. There is no problem with the name check in either of our cases.

SVR

mimo_yyy said:
SVR_999,
Here is what I would suggest to do:

1- Call the USCIS, I would imagine they might have a way to resend the Interview Letter.

If the above is not possible for them to do, here is another suggestion:
- Scheudle an Infopass for your wife to be in the same day and around the same time of her interview (January, 16th).
This Infopass will gurantee that your wife will be able to enter the Distict Center (either using the Letter from the Officer or using the Infopass).

Once she enters, they should call her name as her interview is already scheduled.
At this time, she can explain to the office that she didn't receive the interview letter and that another officer gave her a letter to attend.

I believe this should work.
Good Luck.

BTW, was your wife stuck in Name Check?
Why did it take too long for your wife to get the IL compared to you?
I am in the same situation where my wife got the IL but I didn't get mine yet.

Thanks,
mimo_yyy

I am trying to read the 13 charecter receipt number on the back of my cashed check.
It starts with "SSC*" like south service center. I punched in the 13 charecters into the online status lookup on uscis.gov and it says the application was received on december 9th 2006, but I mailed mine only last week.

I have a feeling the SSC* number on the back of the cashed check might not be reliable.
Any of you have similar experience?

Chao.

MissMolina said:
I am trying to read the 13 charecter receipt number on the back of my cashed check.
It starts with "SSC*" like south service center. I punched in the 13 charecters into the online status lookup on uscis.gov and it says the application was received on december 9th 2006, but I mailed mine only last week.

I have a feeling the SSC* number on the back of the cashed check might not be reliable.
Any of you have similar experience?

Chao.

I had the same problem - the SSC number behind the check was not the same as the receipt number....

Cheers

Interview for an acquaintance

First off sorry I don't have much details (hate to post with out too many details). He had his immigration interview on Thursday Jan 4th. I was told that the interview was a breeze and got his oath letter for Feb 1st in Plano. I am not sure if this is Plano Convention Center.

My wife has her interview on 26th and mine on 30th. Hopefully we can get to 1st oath Ceremony.

s_a_kumar

Pl. note my timeline is posted on previous posts.

infopass

wife and I applied at same time PD 8/29/06.
Her interview is 1/26/07.
No letter for me.
Went to infopass today.
They said that I am stuck in name check- as lawyer had predicted.

dallasendo said:
wife and I applied at same time PD 8/29/06.
Her interview is 1/26/07.
No letter for me.
Went to infopass today.
They said that I am stuck in name check- as lawyer had predicted.
dallasendo,
Is your name very common or has some specific ethnic last/first name?
Sorry to hear about your nc delay. Hope things work out for you soon.

chao.

to miss molina

I am a Palestinian refugee with a lebanese citizenship.
My first name is uncommon. My last name is not very common and I estimate that there are about 50-75 family members in the US with the same last name.

dallasendo said:
I am a Palestinian refugee with a lebanese citizenship.
My first name is uncommon. My last name is not very common and I estimate that there are about 50-75 family members in the US with the same last name.
Thanks for sharing dallasendo.
So, you lawyer predicted you will have issues with NC? even though you have very un-common name? Did your lawyer give any explaination for his reasoning?

got done today

All,
I am writing from my wife's login.
Finally got done with interview on stemmons. The officer said "Congratulations you passed". She gave me the oath letter for Feb 1st in Plano.
timeline
PD: July 14 2006
FP:August 4th 2006
IV:Jan 10 2007
Oath:Feb 1 2007

Wife is schedule for interview on Jan 22, will keep the group posted.

For me, the whole process took less than 15 minutes. She asked me standard questions(I answered them all). It was very straightforward.

thanks
sks

Congratulations sks!!!!
Goodluck to your wife.
I think dallas DO is doing things well : 6 months or under!!! Nice.

Documents for interview

Hi All,
What are the documents we need to carry for the USC Interview? I know that the IL mentions this , but at the moment I dont have the letter handy and I needed the information.

Appreciate if someone can point out.

Regards

Quick question on Interview

Anybody who had the interview recently, are you guys prepared the NEW 144 civic questions or the old book given at the time of FP

Please clarify

SVR

Interview info, waiting for Oath.

I just went through my interview today. It was way easier than I expected (fortunately! :) ). I brought with me a bunch of papers. In the end all I needed was my GC, Drivers license and Social Security card. Even though I didn't apply based on marriage, they were still interested in my Marriage Certificate.

My DO is supposed to be one of the pilot sites for the new test, but still all of the questions were based on the old exam.

I got a "Congratulations" on the sheet the officer gave me, and now I have to wait to receive the Oath letter on the mail. Yes... more wait, but at least my process is moving forward.

There is a great forum on this site about which papers to bring to the interview:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782&page=7&pp=15

I strongly suggest everyone to read that thread.

Good luck with the interviews!