Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

The way to fix this is to post your scheduled oath dates, interview experience and ceremony experience. If you look at my posts to this thread, you'll see that I provided all the info I could. Other than this thread, I don't know anywhere where you can find oath ceremony dates for dallas.

Good luck

Update

Dear fundoos,

a little history.
wife and I applied together PD aug 29th, 2006.
she got IV letter notice date 11/22/06. I did not.
her IV date is Jan 26, 2007.

My lawyer said that my name is likely stuck in name check. Male, Arab, Muslim, Palestinian from Lebanon etc. She said don't bother doing infopass as they are now looking at cases filed in Aug 2005 and are unlikely to see me now.

My suggestion to you is if you can get an infopass appointment then do it.
I will let you know when I hear anything. If I don't hear anything by the time my wife has her interview, I may try infopass.

My lawyer is great she spent a lot of time with us and answered all kinds of questions about issues unrelated to the interview. I highly recommend her, Karen Pennington 701 commerce ave, dallas tx, (214) 528-7710

Just more candidate averages in Dallas area:

2 of my friends applied in mid-august, got there interview letter for 1/25/2007 last week.

Chao'

out of country travel right after interview

Question: Is it OK to travel out of USA, next day after having the citizenship interview. The travel will most likely be for 2-3 weeks.

My timeline as mentioned below.

PD 7/21/06
FP Done on 08/14/06
Interview letter received 11/30/06
Interview date 01/18/07

It shouldn't be a problem. However, there are about 3 outcomes from an interview:

1) Congratulations, you passed, your oath is scheduled for mm/dd/yyyy
2) Congratulations, you passed, your oath letter will come in the mail
3) Sorry, you didn't pass because...

In both my wife's and my cases, we got (1), and the oath was scheduled just about a month later. I think it could have been as little as about 2 weeks. If they come back and say here's your oath letter, and it's too early, you can probably say "could I do the next oath ceremony, I'm planning on being out of town/country that day". It shouldn't be a problem, but it might push you into case (2).

For case (2) it is highly unlikely that you'd get an oath letter in the mail that would result in a ceremony less than 3 weeks away. However, you'll probably want someone checking your mail and calling you if you get something from the USCIS.

For case (3), it's really up in the air. Depending on what they say, you might want to do something immediately to rectify whatever the cause for the delay is.

For what it's worth, of the 5 people I know who have gone through Dallas DO interviews in the past year, 4 (including my wife and I) got their oath letter immediately (as the interview concluded). The fifth one ended up stuck in name check (they interviewed him before his name cleared) and only got his oath letter about 4 or 5 months later.

Good luck.

Infopass appt on 13

I took infopass appt. It is on dec 13. I realized that i put in name change
' took out the middle name' request in the n400. That may be causing the havoc. I will try to revert the name change during infopass appt. Any suggestions.

Thanks

infopass

I had my infopass appt today. The officer said that everything is fine. I was scheduled for interview and for some reason it is cancelled. I need to contact the mesquite center for any information. Officer also asked me if my residence is still the same.

I am not sure what to do. Any advice

It's over

I am very happy to say that I passed my interview today. It was very nice and no worries. I went there almost 1 hour early for my time. The officer was very nice and he checked all the entries made in the form.

I informed that I had 2 tickets and I had paid fine. He asked me when was it and I told him one was in 2004 and the next was on 2005. He said that was fine and DID NOT MADE ANY CHANGE in the form. He asked me the following questions.

1. What are the colors of our flag?
2. Who is the president of the United States today?
3. Who becomes President if both President and Vice President die?
4. What is the minimum voting age in the United States?
5. In what year was the Constitution written?
6. Name one benefit of being a Citizen of the United States?
7. Name the amendments that guarantee or address voting rights

He said I answered all the hard ones but missed the easy one. For question 5, I think I answered 1787 but he marked wrong in his paper. I don't know if I made some mistake when answering. He asked me if I am sure of 1787 and how about 1757 etc. but I told him 1776 was Declaration of Independence and hence this should be 1787. I don't want to argue with him and spoil anything.

Finally he printed the Oath letter and handed over to me which was Feb 3rd at Plano, but I asked him to put me on the earlier one wth my wife (she also had her interview today) on Jan 9th at Arlington. He did the same and I walked away with a big smile. It took almost 30 minutes for the whole show.

Thanks everybody for their suggestions and support and I also thank the administrator for this great job.

Finally the timeline was:

Priority Date - July 7th, 2006
Finger Print - Aug 3rd, 2006
Case Disappear - Oct 16th, 2006
Interview Letter received - Oct 18th, 2006
Interview Scheduled - Dec 18th, 2006
Date of Interview - Dec 18th, 2006
Oath Letter Recd - Dec 18th, 2006
Oath Date - Jan 9th, 2007 at Arlington

Fruit_lover said:
I am very happy to say that I passed my interview today. It was very nice and no worries. I went there almost 1 hour early for my time. The officer was very nice and he checked all the entries made in the form.

I informed that I had 2 tickets and I had paid fine. He asked me when was it and I told him one was in 2004 and the next was on 2005. He said that was fine and DID NOT MADE ANY CHANGE in the form. He asked me the following questions.

1. What are the colors of our flag?
2. Who is the president of the United States today?
3. Who becomes President if both President and Vice President die?
4. What is the minimum voting age in the United States?
5. In what year was the Constitution written?
6. Name one benefit of being a Citizen of the United States?
7. Name the amendments that guarantee or address voting rights

He said I answered all the hard ones but missed the easy one. For question 5, I think I answered 1787 but he marked wrong in his paper. I don't know if I made some mistake when answering. He asked me if I am sure of 1787 and how about 1757 etc. but I told him 1776 was Declaration of Independence and hence this should be 1787. I don't want to argue with him and spoil anything.

Finally he printed the Oath letter and handed over to me which was Feb 3rd at Plano, but I asked him to put me on the earlier one wth my wife (she also had her interview today) on Jan 9th at Arlington. He did the same and I walked away with a big smile. It took almost 30 minutes for the whole show.

Thanks everybody for their suggestions and support and I also thank the administrator for this great job.

Finally the timeline was:

Priority Date - July 7th, 2006
Finger Print - Aug 3rd, 2006
Case Disappear - Oct 16th, 2006
Interview Letter received - Oct 18th, 2006
Interview Scheduled - Dec 18th, 2006
Date of Interview - Dec 18th, 2006
Oath Letter Recd - Dec 18th, 2006
Oath Date - Jan 9th, 2007 at Arlington
Congratulations fruit_lover!!!
You got your oath-letter on the same day and even requested an earlier day!!

Is this common in the DO for Dallas? Does everyone get their oath-letter on the day of the interview?

I have a feeling this depends up on the county you live in, usually Dallas county folks don't get the oath-letter the same day.
Which county do you live in?

-M

I live in Plano, Collin County. I don't think that matters as I had my interview at the INS Office which is at Dallas County only.

Both my wife an I (live in Dallas county, interview at the Dallas DO on Stemmons) got our oath letters as we exited our interviews (6 months apart).

If there are more than one oath ceremonies scheduled in the near future, they give you a choice. I tried to advance mine, saying "there's a ceremony in two days - and I'm free that day", but they replied saying "sorry, that one if full".

In both of our cases, the ceremony ended up being just a little less than a month after the interview.

Great, I think Dallas DO is consistent and not like other DO's. Getting the oath on the same day as the interview makes things lot more better.

You get the oath letter, not the oath. Some DOs offer "same day oath" - you get the interview in the morning and take the oath that same afternoon.

New to this thread- my time time

Hi,

I am new to this thread. This is a very nice thread, thanks to all folks.

I and my wife have applied for Naturalization last month. Here is our time line

Wife
-----
Nov 6th. Mailed application
Nov 13th Checks are cashed
Nov 22nd Notice received ( Notice: PD Nov9th. Notice date Nov17 )
Nov 28th FP notice received.
Dec 5th FP Done

Self
------
Nov 27th Notice receivd. ( Notice: PD Nov 9th. Notice date Nov 20.)
Dec 5th FP Done

We both have not received the Interview letter yet. I read that here in Dallas , it takes about average of 1 to 2 month to get the Interview letter from the date of Finger Print. Can some one confirm this ?

Thanks

hopefull06 said:
We both have not received the Interview letter yet. I read that here in Dallas , it takes about average of 1 to 2 month to get the Interview letter from the date of Finger Print. Can some one confirm this ?

Wow, that's *so* much faster than a year ago (our PD was mid-September 2005, FP in early November, and Interview Letter in late March 2006).

Fingerprinting is sort of an "asyncronous" activity. The PD to Interview Letter date is the one you should be looking at. Fingerprinting doesn't really matter in the schedule (though it's necessarily after the PD (by definition) and all the checks should be done by the interview).

Good luck

How add dates out of country during interview

Guys:

We were out of country after we applied our N400. We have our interviews in January (26th for Wife and 30 for me). Is there a form we have to fill or is it fine if we mention it to Immigration Officer during the interview?

Advise is appreciated.

Thanks
s_a_kumar

Our timeline is posted on my previous posts.

The easiest solution is to print up a new copy of the N-400. On any pages where the information has changed, fill in the form with the updated information. At the interview, as the IO goes through the form, tell him/her what has changed and offer the updated page (my wife's IO took the updated form pages, mine just made manual changes).

Interview Letter

Hi Hopeful,

Based on what I've heard and I've seen in this thread is that on the average it takes anywhere from 2.5 to 3 months.

hopefull06 said:
Hi,

I am new to this thread. This is a very nice thread, thanks to all folks.

I and my wife have applied for Naturalization last month. Here is our time line

Wife
-----
Nov 22nd Notice received ( Notice: PD Nov9th. Notice date Nov17 )
Dec 5th FP Done

Self
------
Nov 27th Notice receivd. ( Notice: PD Nov 9th. Notice date Nov 20.)
Dec 5th FP Done

Thanks

Got IV letter

Got my Interview Letter today. :)

Also found out that my wife's is stuck in name check.. God Help us :confused:

My Details
------------
PD : 9/20/06
FP Date : 10/13/06
IL: 12/21/06
ID: 2/9/07

Wife's details
---------------