Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

FP Rejection

Hi Gita,
First of Congrats on the interview letter. Second, how did you find out about FP rejection? Did USCIS send you a letter or did you inquire?

gita1974 said:
All,
I have received my interview letter.
My timeline:
pd: August 7 2006
fp: oct. 11 2006 ( 2nd fingerprint, 1st was rejected)
iv letter: 11/29/2006
iv date: 01/22/2006

My husbands timeline:
pd: July 14 2006
fp: August 5 2006
iv letter:11/28/2006
iv date:01/10/2006

To answer jfc092006's question - the msg you are seeing is what we also saw when our status disappeared online. So, you should be getting the letter pretty soon.

Gita

s_a_kumar said:
Also, I was reading in one of the ethnic news papers (Pakistan Link), that questions for interviews will be changed this winter. Any body has any clue about this proposed change. Per the new item, the questions will be closely guarded. Do we be worried about this?

s_a_kumar

Short answer: No

Use a news search engine and look for "new citizenship test" (for example: http://search.live.com/news/results.aspx?q=new+citizenship+test&mkt=en-US&form=QBNR&go.x=20&go.y=0).

It will be piloted in a small number of districts. Only volunteers will be tested (they'll offer you the chance to take the new or the old test) and I believe that if you blow the new test, they'll late you take the old one.

Interview Letter

Looks like the Dallas office had a busy couple of days sending out interview letters. Got mine too...

PD, RD 7/31/06
FP 8/23/06
IV Letter 11/29/06
IV Date 1/17/07

TexanForCitizen said:
Hi Gita,
First of Congrats on the interview letter. Second, how did you find out about FP rejection? Did USCIS send you a letter or did you inquire?

They sent me a rejection letter and a new date for FP

IV Letter

My wife got the interview letter. I haven't received it yet.

IVDate for my wife is 1/23/07

PD july 6
FP Aug 1

Hola,
I am new here, I would like to know if someone can tell me if I can mail my n-400 application on a saturday to uscis? Are they open on a saturday to sign for the mail?

Please help this chica out :)
-Molina

need help please

i am new here.. saw posts from kumar, gita, fundoo ect who had their FP around 2nd week of august..mine was on aug 16th. But my PD is May 30th. ihad postponed my first FP for June 25th to Aug 16th..

Guys is it safe to assume 10 -14 days after you see a change in the generic message on ur online status.. u will recieve the interview letter?? i am worried since jimbean whose FP was on 23rd aug got his letter.. :confused:

My timeline as mentioned below.

PD 7/21/06
FP Done on 08/14/06
Interview letter received 11/30/06
Interview date 01/18/07

did last update show a change

Alll the folks here who got their I letters.. did ur last update date in the system ever show a change? Mine is still stuck on last update 6/9 when they send the letter for FP..

IV letter

My wife and I applied together.

PD 8/29/06
NOA 9/8/06
FP notice 9/8/06
FP 9/21/06

She got her IV letter today

IV notice date 11/22/06
IV letter arrived 12/1/06
IV date 1/26/07

Neither case status disappeared online
I didn't get my interview letter yet.

No IV letter yet

As i mentioned earlier, my wife got IV letter but i didn't get it yet. Both of our cases disappered online but i never got mine. Should i give some more time before calling inquiring. I hope it is not lost in mail. Any input in appreciated.

Thanks

PD 7/6/2006
FP 8/1/2006

Wife IV date 1/23/07
Mine : ?????

fundoos,
I got PO BOX just because I do not want to loose this mail. I noticed that mail system in Dallas area not very reliable when I moved down here.
Looks like everybody in June-July time frame got IV letters.
I was told by my lawyer that they do not schedule interview unless security clearance and 2n'd A file, if there is one are not all set.
Maybe better call INS and find out.

fundoos said:
As i mentioned earlier, my wife got IV letter but i didn't get it yet. Both of our cases disappered online but i never got mine. Should i give some more time before calling inquiring. I hope it is not lost in mail. Any input in appreciated.

Thanks

PD 7/6/2006
FP 8/1/2006

Wife IV date 1/23/07
Mine : ?????

How to find out up coming oath dates in Dallas/Plano area

Do anyone know if the oath dates for dallas area are listed anywhere online?? I had a successful interview but was not given oath letter.

Calling INS

Dear Fundoos,

We are in the same boat.
My wife's IV letter was dated 11/22, and we are 2weeks out and I haven't received my letter.

I called INS yesterday at 1-800-375-5283.

They took my name A#, SSC# and said they will contact the appropriate unit in Dallas and that Dallas will send me a letter, either the IV letter or the current status of my case. This will hopefully determine if the original letter was lost in the mail or still pending.

I am not sure if this will delay my paperwork any. Would appreciate input on that question if anyone knows.

I will meet with my lawyer this friday to go over our interview papers and will ask the question and will get back to you by friday afternoon.

should i go for InfoPass

Here is my situation..I can't found my case online and i haven't received IV letter . I am not sure if the letter is missed in the mail or the application is stuck somewhere. My wife got the IV letter almost 10 days back and the IV is scheduled on jan 23. I just wanted to clarify if my letter is not lost in mail.
Should i go for infopass or not

Last update

Any one ever saw a date change on last update?? i postponed my FP once from june to august.. fbi sent it back to uscis on the same day.. no inerview letter since.. i noticed lot of august guys got theirs..

any clues.. any suggestiosn?? should i go for INFO PASS?? Does any one have the info for TSC?? i am worried

Relax, take it easy. I had my Fingerprints in Nov 05 and got my interview letter in the last week of March 06. The USCIS had bonuses in place for districts that eliminated backlog in the fiscal year that ended in October. I don't think the bonuses exist for this year. The processing times listed on the USCIS site say that they are processing April applications - if your app is older than that, start worrying. Otherwise, relax and do some holiday shopping. There isn't much you can do anyway other than worry.

Shashanka--Oath ceremonies

Shashnka, how did your interview go? I have IV tomorrow.
Did you try to ask them about the ceremony dates?
There is NO one on this forum who ever answers a question about ceremonies...Not once..no information whatsoever about this..
I tried to google it, but no luck.