Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I doubt this is the case...there are quotas on green card lottery but I don't think there are here. Just because someone is not from high immigrant countries such as Mexico, China or India, does not mean that person's case gets processed quicker.

If that was the case, USCIS would process so few cases as most of the applications are most likely from these 3 countries above.

CroATM said:
I doubt this is the case...there are quotas on green card lottery but I don't think there are here. Just because someone is not from high immigrant countries such as Mexico, China or India, does not mean that person's case gets processed quicker.

If that was the case, USCIS would process so few cases as most of the applications are most likely from these 3 countries above.

You are wrong! I applied for my GC at the same time along with collegues from those 3 high density countries and I got my GC approved 2-3 years before those guys. Samething with N-400.

My Timeline in Dallas

Not yet. Looks like people in late june and/or early july getting interview letters.

s_a_kumar
jfc092006 said:
s_a_kumar,

Have you recd. your interview letter or date.

thanks

zgadiwan said:
You are wrong! I applied for my GC at the same time along with collegues from those 3 high density countries and I got my GC approved 2-3 years before those guys. Samething with N-400.

Are you trying to say that USCIS picks how many people they will process from each country?

I would be willing to bet that I am the only one applying for GC correction from my country and I have been waiting for it for more than a year now. Therefore, you are wrong! ;)

FP Status update

My wife called the FBI # today and they said that our FP's were processed and sent back to USCIS on the same day (10/13). I guess we just sit and wait now.

APP DATE 9/16
PD 9/18
FP Notice date 10/5
FP Date 10/13
IL??

Traffic tickets and Interview

I have my interview scheduled on Dec 18th and am confused for the following. I had an speeding ticket on July 2004 and an accident on July 2005. I had paid fine on both incidents and have found links to get clearance details for speeding from the court web site and for accident got receipt from the court. Both these incidents happened on Ohio when I stayed there for some time.

The confusion is that the accident receipt did not provide details on the accident but just the amount paid and paid date in a white paper (ofcourse the court address is on the top left corner). I also ordered the Driver records from Ohio BMV and it has the details of accident and speeding ticket but the accident ref number varies that from the court number. Would this be a problem.

Also in my N-400 I said "NO" to the Moral Character question, and so pls let me know if I should admit this during interview or not. If I say Yes, should I need to resubmit my form and would it have any impact on the decision.

thanks for your advise,

If it were me, I'd bring it up at the interview. I'm *guessing* that it should not be a problem.

Neither my wife nor I were challenged about our traffic tickets during our interviews at the Dallas DO (my wife's was in May, mine was in October). It does not seem to be a big thing in Dallas.

Fruit_Lover_Tickets

Not to worry, Speeding tickets are not counted as negative in N-400, but they should be resolved. i.e paid all the fines.

I go through a lawyer and lawyer's comment is same above. Also I had friend who had fruit violations in US customs and they ask if it was "resolved" i.e you paid the fine.
Thats all.

Could you PLEASE post your time line.

Thanks for the suggestions.

So I can resubmit that page with details of the incidents during Interview. Would that accident matter?

The time lines for me and my wife are:

Priority Date - July 7th, 2006
FP - Aug 3rd, 2006
Interview scheduled - Dec 18th, 2006

Fruit Lover - Accident

From what i get from lawyer and friends who have gone through this interview is that ONLY answer the question they ask you.
Do not volunteer to give info.

I have accident my self but ticket says inattentive driving and paid $100. So why bring up accident at the interview if they do not ask and ticket don't even say accident.

You acn also pay $35 and pull your own driven record on the internet just to see whats in there. Then go by that record because thats what all the other agencies use.

axp101 said:
From what i get from lawyer and friends who have gone through this interview is that ONLY answer the question they ask you.
Do not volunteer to give info.

I have accident my self but ticket says inattentive driving and paid $100. So why bring up accident at the interview if they do not ask and ticket don't even say accident.

You acn also pay $35 and pull your own driven record on the internet just to see whats in there. Then go by that record because thats what all the other agencies use.

Thanks. I also thought of answering only to the questions asked by the officer. But my point is that I mentioned "NO" for the questions on Moral Character and should I volunteer myself and say I have a ticket and accident and then give a new copy of that application form with details mentioned in it. I have got the receipts with me for paying the fine even though I do not have the details on the accident. As I mentioned earlier I already got the Driving records from BMV and it has the incidents.

If the officer did not ask and I don't mention about this during interview, would it create any trouble in future? I am worried how they treat the accident.

gita1974 said:
Fruit lover,
When did you get your interview letter ?
Gita

Here is my timeline:

Priority Date - July 7th, 2006
Finger Print - Aug 3rd, 2006
Case Disappear - Oct 16th, 2006
Interview Letter received - Oct 18th, 2006
Interview Scheduled - Dec 18th, 2006

Thanks Flydog. I already got the driving records and it has 1 C1 under Citation for speeding ticket and another entry under A1 for Accident. When it gives full details of speeding (like 80 in 65 MPH) it just states the date and county for the accident (just 1 line). Also the case number mentioned here is not in the court fee paid receipt and they have some other reference number. These incidents were happened in Ohio and I got these details from Ohio BMV.

I am not going to show BMV records to the officer but just the court paid receipt if asked for. My question do I need to take the Page 10 of the form (moral questions) filled up and give VOLUNTARILY to the officer and admit the mistake or don't mention it at all. I have not mentioned it in my earlier applicaiton form and not sure if they would got this info from somewhere. If the officer asks it, then I have a chance to show and explain but if that did not happen, then DO I NEED TO VOLUNTEER MYSELF OR NOT.

I appreciate all your help,

Dallas Oath Dates in December and January

What are the scheduled oath dates in dallas area in December and January? Is this information published anywhere?

Rescheduling interview appointment

I have an interview date in December and wanted to find out what is the process to reschedule interview. Can you reschedule interview by taking infopass appointment and reschedule a date with the officer? Can someone post their experience? Thanks in advance.

Time Line

goodstuff1,

Could you please post your time line.
PD=
FP=

Mine is
PD=Oct-14-06
FP-Nov-8-06
IV = Waiting...

Thanks

Question

I have n't received my interview date yet.

My application details

PD 7/6/2006
FP 8/1/2006

I see people getting the interview letter with similar time.
Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

My Timeline

Thanks s_a_kumar for update.

My timeline as mentioned below.

PD 7/21/06
FP Done: 08/14/06

Waiting for Interview letter/date