Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

My Timeline....

DO: Dallas

Priority Date: June 21, 2006
FP Date: July 19, 2006
Online Status Disappeared today (Oct 16, 2006)
Recieved Interview Lettter: Oct 19, 2006
Interview Date: Dec 05, 2006

Will update on Interview experience.....Good Luck all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
alone_in_ep said:
How do they know FBI reported back the same day? Some threads even mention "FBI check cleared". Since I took my FP last thursday, I've seen no update on my file. Any clues? Thanks!

You can call the FBI at (304)-625-2000 and select option #3. The operator will ask for your A# and will tell you if the FP was sent back the the USCIS and if your Citizenship FP are complete.

FP Check timeline

Hi All
Usually how long does it take for FP to clear with FBI. Essentially how long should I wait before calling the FBI after the FP date?

Hello, desi2go!

I called today the number MasterUSA gave us (BTW, Thanks, MasterUSA!) and a very nice lady answered. She asked for my A#, replied back with: "Yes, your finger prints were taken on 10/10 and we sent them back to Immigration the same day".

I asked her if she could tell me anything about name checks, background checks or anything else and she apologized, saying information about my FPs was all she had.

So, I guess if you wait a couple of days, they should hopefully give you the same answer they gave me. Please let us know. Good luck!

FBI FP experience

I called the FBI #, they lady didnt even ask for the A#. She just told me that the results are usually shared the same day and she wouldnt be able to disclose anything further.

desi2go said:
I called the FBI #, they lady didnt even ask for the A#. She just told me that the results are usually shared the same day and she wouldnt be able to disclose anything further.

Pick that phone and try again! Don't give up.

Any news about Dallas oath dates? I haven't seen anything fly by since the big ceremony in September.

My interview is (finally, after 13 months) scheduled for Monday. I have all sorts of folks trying to schedule business trips for me in November. It would be good to know what's going on.

Thanks

Dallas DO Timeline

My Timeline....

DO: Dallas

Priority Date: June 21, 2006
FP Date: July 19, 2006
Online Status Disappeared today (Oct 16, 2006)
Recieved Interview Lettter: Oct 19, 2006
Interview Date: Dec 05, 2006

Will update on Interview experience.....Good Luck all!!

Do anyone know oath ceremony dates in Dallas area. Are they pre-scheduled every year, or each of them scheduled individually, by USCIS, as needed??

They seem (to me) to be pretty random. Just looking at this thread for the last 6 months, you'll see two or three in one month, and then nothing for another month.

I believe that there are also two kinds of ceremonies, judicial and administrative (a USCIS official presides over an administrative ceremony, and a judge over a judicial one).

I think that if you are doing a name change you need a judicial ceremony. I also think (someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong) that there are county of residence restrictions on the judicial ceremonies (but not on the administrative ones).

PD May 2nd
FP Jun 2nd
Interview Sep 25th.
A lady interviewed us. She was very nice. It took 15 to 20 minutes. She asked 6 questions and all were correct. She made us write one sentence and asked to read one small paragraph. She went through the application.
Done.

After 13 months, I finally had my interview

My PD is way back in September of 2005. I was one of a group of N-400 applicants who were batch "descheduled" in May of 2006. With the help of the office of Sen Kay Bailey Hutchison last month, I finally got my interview scheduled. I had the interview at the Dallas DO today.

I arrived (at the Dallas DO, Stemmons southbound service road right after Empire Central) 10 minutes early and put my NOA sheet in the mail slot on door 1.

About 3 minutes after the scheduled interview time, my name was called.

I was sworn in immediately and the nice Immigration Officer asked for my driver's license, my green card, and my passports. Then she went through my N-400 asking me to re-affirm the major questions. I handed her correction sheets, but she just corrected the original form.

Civics questions asked (very quickly, and all from the list of 96 in the Guide):

• What do the stripes on the flag represent?
  • How many stripes are on the flag? (since I had answered “they represent the original 13 colonies” to the previous question, this one threw me a little off guard :) )
  • Who said “Give me liberty or give me death”?
  • Which President freed the slaves?
  • Who elects congress?
  • How many times may a senator be elected?

She also asked me to read a simple sentence with 4 or 5 words in it (all monosyllables) and to write "She cooks for her friends."

I had declared my speeding tickets on the N-400, but she never asked for any proof. She asked if I had always paid my taxes and if I had any outstanding taxes, but again, never asked for proof. I had some measure of proof for both (receipts for the tickets and an IRS tax transcript for 4 years).

The hardest part was signing my full name (I *never* use my middle name).

The interview was over in less than 20 minutes. I'm scheduled for the oath ceremony in Plano at 9:00am on November 16th.

Detailed Chronology:
================
Priority Date: September 19, 2005
Biometrics Letter: September 29, 2005
Biometrics Appointment: November 5, 2005
Interview Letter: March 23, 2006
Interview Scheduled: May 5, 2006
Descheduling Letter: April 24, 2006

1st InfoPass Appointment: May 16, 2006
2nd InfoPass Appointment: June 30, 2006
3rd InfoPass Appointment: July 28, 2006
4th InfoPass Appointment: Sept 14, 2006

Senator's Office Intervention: Sept 13, 2006
Interview Finally Scheduled: Sept 13, 2006
Interview Letter Mailed: Sept 19, 2006
Interview: Oct 23, 2006
Oath Scheduled: Nov. 16, 2006 (9am, Plano)

My Wife’s Interview: May 5, 2006
My Wife’s Oath: June 1, 2006

Flydog said:
My PD is way back in September of 2005. I was one of a group of N-400 applicants who were batch "descheduled" in May of 2006. With the help of the office of Sen Kay Bailey Hutchison last month, I finally got my interview scheduled. I had the interview at the Dallas DO today.

I arrived (at the Dallas DO, Stemmons southbound service road right after Empire Central) 10 minutes early and put my NOA sheet in the mail slot on door 1.

About 3 minutes after the scheduled interview time, my name was called.

I was sworn in immediately and the nice Immigration Officer asked for my driver's license, my green card, and my passports. Then she went through my N-400 asking me to re-affirm the major questions. I handed her correction sheets, but she just corrected the original form.

Civics questions asked (very quickly, and all from the list of 96 in the Guide):

• What do the stripes on the flag represent?
  • How many stripes are on the flag? (since I had answered “they represent the original 13 colonies” to the previous question, this one threw me a little off guard :) )
  • Who said “Give me liberty or give me death”?
  • Which President freed the slaves?
  • Who elects congress?
  • How many times may a senator be elected?

She also asked me to read a simple sentence with 4 or 5 words in it (all monosyllables) and to write "She cooks for her friends."

I had declared my speeding tickets on the N-400, but she never asked for any proof. She asked if I had always paid my taxes and if I had any outstanding taxes, but again, never asked for proof. I had some measure of proof for both (receipts for the tickets and an IRS tax transcript for 4 years).

The hardest part was signing my full name (I *never* use my middle name).

The interview was over in less than 20 minutes. I'm scheduled for the oath ceremony in Plano at 9:00am on November 16th.

Detailed Chronology:
================
Priority Date: September 19, 2005
Biometrics Letter: September 29, 2005
Biometrics Appointment: November 5, 2005
Interview Letter: March 23, 2006
Interview Scheduled: May 5, 2006
Descheduling Letter: April 24, 2006

1st InfoPass Appointment: May 16, 2006
2nd InfoPass Appointment: June 30, 2006
3rd InfoPass Appointment: July 28, 2006
4th InfoPass Appointment: Sept 14, 2006

Senator's Office Intervention: Sept 13, 2006
Interview Finally Scheduled: Sept 13, 2006
Interview Letter Mailed: Sept 19, 2006
Interview: Oct 23, 2006
Oath Scheduled: Nov. 16, 2006 (9am, Plano)

My Wife’s Interview: May 5, 2006
My Wife’s Oath: June 1, 2006

Congratulations!!
If you don't mind, can you please share your country of origin?
I ask because, I see that people from certain contries (in huge numbers) do not get oath letters on the same day as interview, but few do (minority). It maybe one of the criteria or quota system used by uscis. Birth country is a huge thing in every processing that uscis performs.

-Z

Canada. My wife was Canadian, but of (originally) Egyptian origin (she was born there of Egyptian parents). We both were given "oath letters".

It appears that if you pass the tests, and your name is not in namecheck (or there is some other impediment), and there is an oath ceremony open for folks to be scheduled into, the Dallas DO gives you a letter.

Flydog said:
Canada. My wife was Canadian, but of (originally) Egyptian origin (she was born there of Egyptian parents). We both were given "oath letters".

It appears that if you pass the tests, and your name is not in namecheck (or there is some other impediment), and there is an oath ceremony open for folks to be scheduled into, the Dallas DO gives you a letter.

Thanks for sharing!
Recently one of my collegues got her oath letter the same day as the interview day, she was from UK. Most of the people who do not get oath letter either fall into the category you mentioned or are from countries which are not minorities.
Just my observation.

-Z

Oath Letter

I agree...my co-worker from UK got oath letter right after interview. Same for another co-worker from Finland. Other from Asia wait 2 more months for oath letter.

axp101 said:
I agree...my co-worker from UK got oath letter right after interview. Same for another co-worker from Finland. Other from Asia wait 2 more months for oath letter.

I am pretty sure, there is country based quota for everything USCIS does. They cannot process more than certain number of people from each country every month. Same goes for all the other visa categrories.