Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Interview date

Application Mailed: 7/29/2006 (US Express Mail)
RD and Priority Date: 7/31/2206
Receipt received: 8/9/2006
FP notice: 8/11/2006
FP done: 8/23/2006

Waiting for interview date. Anyone with July or August PD received their interview dates yet?

Decheduled interview finally rescheduled (with help from Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison)

My wife and I applied for Naturalization just over a year ago through the Mesquite (TX) service center. We were fingerprinted in Dallas last November and in March we were scheduled for a May 5th interview at the Dallas district office.

In late April, the Dallas DO found that my file had been misplaced or mis-routed. They "descheduled" my interview telling me they'd let me know when a new one would be scheduled. Luckily, my wife's interview proceeded and she was sworn in on June 1st.

Apparently there was quite a screw up that week. I’ve been told that dozens of interviews were “descheduled” (by the way, does anyone else find it ironic that when the USCIS indefinitely postpones your English test, it uses the made up verb “deschedule”).

After three InfoPass appointments, I found out that there was nothing wrong with my application (no fingerprint, name check, background check, etc problems). All that had happened was that my application had fallen into the “we’ll get around to that when we get around to it” pile. For the past year, USCIS offices have been working hard to reduce “backlog” – obviously my application did not count towards that backlog metric.

In August I asked my congressman’s office (Kenny Marchant) to look into my case. About two weeks later I got a polite phone call and an email letting me know that everything I had found out on my own was correct, that my application was “in line to be re-scheduled” but that “there are several thousand applicants that need to be scheduled or re-scheduled for interviews” and that no one can “tell me where in line your file is currently located, only that you are in that line.”

At least she was able to find out in a single phone call what it took me three InfoPass appointments to find out.

In early September I phoned the Dallas offices of Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison and talked to the immigration person there. The day before my last (fourth) InfoPass appt, she contacted the USCIS. By the time I got to the counter the next day, my interview had been scheduled. When I phoned up the aid to thank her that afternoon she said “you haven’t gotten the interview letter yet, have you?”. It was obvious that it was the Senator’s office’s intervention that caused this.

Too bad I won’t be able to vote in November!

(I cross posted this to a separate thread to make it obvious to anyone else who might have been descheduled last May)

Detailed Chronology:
================
Priority Date: September 19, 2005
Biometrics Letter: September 29, 2005
Biometrics Appointment: November 5, 2005
Interview Letter: March 23, 2006
Interview Scheduled: May 5, 2006
Descheduling Letter: April 24, 2006

1st InfoPass Appointment: May 16, 2006
2nd InfoPass Appointment: June 30, 2006
3rd InfoPass Appointment: July 28, 2006
4th InfoPass Appointment: Sept 14, 2006

Senator's Office Intervention: Sept 13, 2006
Interview Finally Scheduled: Sept 13, 2006
Interview Letter Mailed: Sept 19, 2006
Interview Scheduled for: Oct 23, 2006

My Wife’s Interview: May 5, 2006
My Wife’s Oath: June 1, 2006

Interview

Today we had interview at dallas. Everything went fine. But no oath ceremonies in the near future. They are going to send a letter with date.

PD: May 02 2006
FP: Jun 02 2006

coversation with dallas lawyer

FYI

I spoke to an immigration lawyer based in dallas who said that I should expect the interview in mid to late december ie 4mo after my priority date and 3 months after my interview.

b

Here is my timeline

Application sent: Sep 28, 2006
Application recd: Oct 2, 2006

Not yet recd the application receipt # (letter).
I have my India trip coming up, leaving Nov 19 - Dec 30, 2006.

Do you all think it will be possible to get FP part done before I leave given the current timeline?

Thanks,
KG

Fingerprints

Juding by current timelines you can expect to get fingerprinted within one month of your application receipt date. Interview date ... no one knows :)

fingerprints

I agree. You should have your FPs one month after your application. you are likely to receive your interview 3 months after your FPs. Assuming you get fingerprinted before you leave, I would have someone check your mail to be on the safe side so you can return promptly if you get your inteview a lot sooner for some reason.

Here is the timeline for my application.
Mailed sat 8/26/06
Application received Tue 8/29/06
Checks Cashed 8/30/06
Priority Date 8/29/06
NOA and FP notice mailed to me on 9/6/06
NOA and FP received by me on 9/8/06 and 9/11/06
FP date 9/21/06

thanks

for your replies guys!
i have read here that the online status is not too useful (see below) and that the case dissapears after interview is scheduled.
1)But will the online status indicate if an interview letter was mailed out?
2)Will it show the actual interview date? before it falls off the online system?

Thanks
KG
My timeline:
Mailed: 09/28/06
Application received: 10/02/06
Checks Cashed:10/03/06

Flydog said:
The on-line status site is just one step above useless.

(unless something has changed recently)
You case shows up from slightly after the time they receive your application and get it into the system until about the time they send you your interview notice -- then it disappears. If you see your name on that site, you are somewhere in that range of the process. Of course, you can figure that out since they send you (or, it seems, possibly someone else) a notice when you get into the system and when your interview is scheduled.

Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time line

The online status is not at all useful. Me and my wife applied on the same day and we have the same priority date. We had the FP done on the same day. But I got the interview letter and the done with the interview and Oath and also I got the passport 2 weeks back. (you can check my time lines on my previous posts.

We are still waiting on the interview letter for my wife. When I checked my case and her case online , it still shouws that the case had been updated on July 08th or something. So please do not hang on the online status.

SVR

Got receipt letter

Thanks SVR for your reply. I was afraid of that, i guess I will just have to have someone check my mail regularly to see if they have mailed the interview letter.

Btw, I got my receipt letter today.

So, my updated timeline is:
Application Sent: Sep 28, 2006
Application Recd: Oct 2, 2006
Checks Cashed : Oct 3, 2006
Priority Date : Oct 2, 2006
Receipt received: Oct 13, 2006

I guess I can expect to receive FP notice in 2 weeks based on the timelines here...
Thanks,
KG

El Paso, TX Timeline

Good afternoon! Thanks for all the people posting their experience here. It is extremely useful!

I've been looking for a thread with the timeline for El Paso, but it seems I am the only one filing from this city. In any case, I belong to the Mesquite, TX Service Center, so I guess my experience should be similar to everyone else here.

Here is my Timeline:
Send request: 9/16
PD: 9/18
FP: 10/10
Interview: ? hmm... I am worried about the terrible name check. So far, there hasn't been any update on my file, according to the "on line status"

Anyone with similar filing date?

I'm pretty sure there's something closer to El Paso than Dallas. Why don't you start up a "Timeline in El Paso" thread.

There are 3 kinds of USCIS offices involved in N-400 applications, the "Service Center" where you send the application, the "ASC" (can't remember what the acronym stands for) where you get your fingerprints taken and the "District Office" (or sub-office) that eventually handles your application. There's a district office in El Paso (http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/elpaso/aboutus.htm). That's the place where you will get your interview, etc.

So, start up a thread...

Good luck

Thanks for the advice, Flydog. I just started my El Paso thread:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=228348

Now, a more interesting question for all of you. In some threads I've read things like:
"FP notice: 03/01/06 (received 03/05/06)
FP: 03/15/06 (FBI reported back to USCIS the same day)"

How do they know FBI reported back the same day? Some threads even mention "FBI check cleared". Since I took my FP last thursday, I've seen no update on my file. Any clues? Thanks!