Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

About SCC number

I forgot to mention the on-line system doesn't seem to be fully working. My case hasn't moved there for three months even though I got my interview today. So, Miss Molina, I wouldn't worry much about the on-line system.

alone_in_ep said:
I forgot to mention the on-line system doesn't seem to be fully working. My case hasn't moved there for three months even though I got my interview today. So, Miss Molina, I wouldn't worry much about the on-line system.
Thanks for the info!
My cheque was cashed 1 week back and I have not yet recieved the receipt notice in the mail.
When did you get your receipt notice after your cheque was cashed?
I have a vacation coming up in early feb and was planning on getting done with the FP before I leave.

looks like some of you with PD in late sept. and october 06 have received IV.
my PD 09/07/06,
FP 09/28/06, nothing since then.
should i call the FBI to find out about the name check?

case status on uscis web-site says "application pending"

thanks

MissMolina said:
Thanks for the info!
My cheque was cashed 1 week back and I have not yet recieved the receipt notice in the mail.
When did you get your receipt notice after your cheque was cashed?
I have a vacation coming up in early feb and was planning on getting done with the FP before I leave.

MissMolina,

I sent my application on 9/15.
As far as I remember my check was cashed on 9/21.
I got my receipt around 9/28,
FP letter 10/1
FP 10/11
Interview 1/11
... and now anxiously waiting for that Oath letter.

Hope this helps!

Thanks that helps alone_in_ep.
In Dallas DO, everyone get there oath letter the same day as the interview (from what I read on this forum), why did you not get your oath on the same day?

I hope to get my receipt and fingerprinting done in janaury!

MissMolina said:
Thanks that helps alone_in_ep.
In Dallas DO, everyone get there oath letter the same day as the interview (from what I read on this forum), why did you not get your oath on the same day?

I hope to get my receipt and fingerprinting done in janaury!

Aaah... that is because I am not in Dallas... I am Alone in El Paso :) (this Dallas forum was the closest I could find)

Good luck!

Dallas Office closed

Went in for my interview this morning. Found that the Dallas office was closed due to bad weather (ice/snow). Spoke to the securuity personnel. He collected my interview letter and said the the interview will be rescheduled and I should wait for a new letter to arrive in the mail. Probably will be a long wait judging by what happens if things fall out of process ...

PD: 7/31/06
FP: 8/23/06
ID: 1/17/07 (to be rescheduled)

:confused:

JimBean said:
Went in for my interview this morning. Found that the Dallas office was closed due to bad weather (ice/snow). Spoke to the securuity personnel. He collected my interview letter and said the the interview will be rescheduled and I should wait for a new letter to arrive in the mail. Probably will be a long wait judging by what happens if things fall out of process ...

PD: 7/31/06
FP: 8/23/06
ID: 1/17/07 (to be rescheduled)

:confused:
JimBean, sad to hear that, get an infopass asap and get this resolved. Goodluck!

My advice...

Wait 4 to 6 weeks (about the time it takes them to do anything). If you haven't heard anything, get an InfoPass and find out exactly what they say the hold up is. Then go to Kay Bailey Hutchison's web site, fill in the immigration issue form and submit it. If you haven't heard back from that office in 2 weeks, phone up and politely ask what is going on.

The folks in that office were the ones who got my descheduled appointment rescheduled.

Good luck

Thanks

Thanks for your responses!

Yes, I'll wait for a 3-4 weeks and do the Infopass. If nothing comes up, I'll seek help from our illustrious representatives in the Senate.

6 months of waiting and USCIS gets snowed in. Go figure ...

JimBean said:
Thanks for your responses!

Yes, I'll wait for a 3-4 weeks and do the Infopass. If nothing comes up, I'll seek help from our illustrious representatives in the Senate.

6 months of waiting and USCIS gets snowed in. Go figure ...
Its actually getting warmer and the roads are better now, maybe they are open in the PM. Check with the office and maybe you can get things done today.

Hey, it's Dallas and the USCIS - snow makes perfect sense (well as much as any of the USCIS's processes).

For what it's worth, after 4.5 months of screwing around trying to get my descheduled interview rescheduled, it happened the day that the nice lady in Sen Hutchison's office phoned.

Be sure to be very nice. Talk about the irony of snow in Dallas, and all that. Act as Texan as you can :)

Follow-up

Yup, Flydog.
I remember your trials and tribulations ... with the interview descheduling. That's what scares me ...

Here's the field office closing link:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=52a46c854523d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

No chance of getting things done today. They have no one there. I could try going tomorrow but I think the chances that they'll let me in are pretty slim.

Back to waiting ... Thanks for all the responses ...

No, they won't take you without an appointment. Maybe in this special case, but I doubt it. Everything has to be scheduled.

Guys, shld I be concerned?
My N400 check was cashed on 1/4/2007, but I have still not received the receipt notice or the FP notice.
Usually one shld get there receipt notice 15 days after the checks are cashed!!!
What are my options at this point?
Thanks.

My nightmares...

MissMolina said:
Guys, shld I be concerned?
My N400 check was cashed on 1/4/2007, but I have still not received the receipt notice or the FP notice.
Usually one shld get there receipt notice 15 days after the checks are cashed!!!
What are my options at this point?
Thanks.

MissMolina,
If I were you I would wait for one more week. Otherwise, this is what happened to me today: as I have mentioned, I already had my interview; it went great, I was happy and all. But today I met a friend who told me
"Well, I hope you don't get stuck on Name check. I know someone who has been there for three years..." :eek:

As I have read on tons of postings on this forum, Name checks are THE nightmare. I thought they only gave you an Interview if the Name check process was over, but apparently there are cases where they give you the interview but still the Name Check is pending.

Anyway, what I did was to call the famous 1-800-375-5283. They didn't give me any specifics, other than "give it some more time; everything appears to be going well". They answered in less than 3 minutes and they were extremely friendly (I must say I was very surprised)

The point is, even though they didn't help me much, they may help you, since all you need to know is the status of your receipt. I would give it a try.

And if anyone has any stories about having a great interview but then got stuck in name check, please let me know (no, the officer who did my interview didn't mention anything... and yes, I have to admit, I forgot to ask :mad: ).

alone_in_ep,
You shld be fine, you just need to get a beer and chill-out, you are in the final stage.
As you mentioned, I did call uscis customer service and spoke to a rep, she could not help me since I did not have a receipt number, instead she put in a request to re-issue my receipt notice and noted down my address (just in case they got it wrong).

I am just gonna wait it out. If I hear nothing for another 2-3 weeks, I will approach the congressman/senator.