Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Well, I got my receipt notice in the mail today, so far so good :)
The receipt does not say any exceptions, just lists my date of birth and address and says if those are wrong, then I need to call them and update those.
Other than that, it tells me to wait till 540 days to get notified for an interview.

My timeline so far:
PD : 1/3/07
ND : 1/12/07

Last edited by a moderator:
N - 600 for Kids - No Receipt Number

I have applied for N-600 for my Kids and got an acknowledgement from Dallas office last week. All I have is the fee receipt of $510 in a small bit piece of paper and another 1/4 sheet of pre-printed paper which says that it is the acknowledgement and wait for 2 months before checking the status and has lists of processing times for various forms. There was no mention of N-600 processing time on that paper.

My question is how do we follow up since I did not have a receipt number like SRC or SSC* etc. Would I be getting another receipt like what we get for N-400 etc or not. Without the receipt number how do we follow it up.

I know some of the members have already applied or have similar situation and would appreciate your help.

I applied for an N-600 for my daughter last June. Expect at least a 6 month wait (we are still waiting). I also believe that the processing date on the USCIS web site (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=24) (currently Oct 16) is incorrect. It was June 15th a month ago. I think they pasted the wrong date (the one from the I-600). I'm still waiting.

Yup, you get the "cash register" -like receipt and the crappy photocopied partial sheet (full of typos). That's it.

You can phone the 800 number. They will take all of your info (since you don't have a receipt number, they need lots of info), then they promise that you will get a letter explaining your status in 45-60 days - not wonderfully useful.

The good news is that an N-600 is not a "time critical" process. Your kids are citizens. If you need proof, get them a passport (in about 2 weeks if you pay for expedited processing).

I'll post something if I ever get a response. It *should* be any day now (of course that's what I said over Christmas too).

No decision taken

All,
I am rather depressed to state that the outcome of my interview was "No decision taken". I had a few arrest warrants in my name because of sombeody who had stolen a whole box of my checks. I have detailed my trauma about the stolen checks in a different post. I was told by other learned members of this forum that this will not be a problem if I had all the docs, but this was not the case. Unfortunately for me, my attorney did not show up to the interview. I passed the test, but the officer said that he would have to go over my documents once more before coming to a decision. He promised me he will come to a decision by Wednesday.
What do I do ? Do I schedule an Infopass rightaway for Wednesday ? Any help or pointers will be appreciated.

PD: august 14 2006
FP: Oct. 11 2006
IV:Jan 22 2007

thanks
Gita

Give it a few weeks and then go for an infopass. You might get your oath in the mail by then. Goodluck.
By the way, I hope you did not pay that attorney all the fees or refer him to the BBB for negligence on his part.

Thank you Flydog for your reply. How can they send a receipt without a receipt number or something to follow up. Even if we call them, they cannot track it and they may have nice excuses.
Why can't you take an infopass appointment as your daughter case has already passed the timeline.

Well, I could, and it's particularly easy for me (my office is about 5-10 minutes from the USCIS offices on Stemmons). However, I didn't make the application, my wife did (my naturalization was held up for many months after they "de-scheduled" my interview). It's much less practicable for her to go for an InfoPass.

And, getting a citizenship certificate is not all that time-critical (we had a lot of time criticality for naturalization). My daughter has a passport. As long as she gets the certificate before it runs out in the next ten years...

"How can they send a receipt without a receipt number or something to follow up" -- they are the USCIS, they can do anything they want. The good thing (very, very, very good thing) is that once my daughter has her certificate, we will never have to deal with these [collective noun omitted] again.

Thanks flydog for your reply. I have plans to return back to India by May and am on the look out for admissions in India. I have to get this certificate before that time and hope I would get the same. I have already applied for US passport (expedited) and waiting for its arrival.

All the best to you too.

Did not mention moving violations on N-400

Guys
I have a question. Both my wife and I had NOT mentioned on my N-400 about the traffic violations (speeding tickets).
Upon careful reading of this forum, I realised that no proof/documentation is required regarding these, but these violations should have at least been declared in the N-400.

Now, my wife's interview is in Feb, I am still awaiting interview leter.

My question is, should my wife:
1) take a correction/amendment (listing the moving violations) to the N-400 with her on her interview ? OR
2) should she just take take the certified copy of her driving records and only show them if the officer asks?
3) Not take anything regarding the traffic violations and hope she does not get asked about these?

In any of the above cases, if the officer asks her about these, would the officer have grounds to deny her citizenship due to the fact that these were not mentioned/declared in the initial filing?
What is the worst case? Would they accept a correction and move ahead with the next step (oath) ?
It was a mistake, not intentionally left out....

I am a bit concerned now...
Thanks
KG

kg_i140waiter said:
Guys
I have a question. Both my wife and I had NOT mentioned on my N-400 about the traffic violations (speeding tickets).
Upon careful reading of this forum, I realised that no proof/documentation is required regarding these, but these violations should have at least been declared in the N-400.

Now, my wife's interview is in Feb, I am still awaiting interview leter.

My question is, should my wife:
1) take a correction/amendment (listing the moving violations) to the N-400 with her on her interview ? OR
2) should she just take take the certified copy of her driving records and only show them if the officer asks?
3) Not take anything regarding the traffic violations and hope she does not get asked about these?

In any of the above cases, if the officer asks her about these, would the officer have grounds to deny her citizenship due to the fact that these were not mentioned/declared in the initial filing?
What is the worst case? Would they accept a correction and move ahead with the next step (oath) ?
It was a mistake, not intentionally left out....

I am a bit concerned now...
Thanks
KG

To answer your questions...

1) Yes, update that page and take it with you to present to the IO during interview. He/she might take it or they might just make the correction in the original application.

2) Bring the papers from the court stating that the ticket(s) are paid off. I brought this as well as a DMV record to show that there's nothing owing, pending etc.

3) You could also go this route but if the IO asks and you don't have anything to show, it could cause delays since they will most likely want it and will give you a N-14 form which basically asks for more documentation. You will then have to submit the documentation back to the IO in an envelope etc. Could potentially delay the case.

They won't deny your application based on traffic tickets unless it's a really bad one like DUI or worse.

Everyone makes mistakes and forgets to state something. It's not the end of the world since you're allowed to make updates to the application by just letting the IO know what they are. I had some minor changes and he changed it right there during the interview. So, no worries mate. :)

Bottom line is, have all the necessary documentation and copies just in case. I went to the interview with a lot of information to cover every aspect of things and was not asked for any of them. But at least it was piece of mind for me that I knew I was totally prepared for anything. :D

Thanks happigal!

Thanks Happigal!, Phew! I breathe easy...
I think I will go with option 1, that is the safest.
I agree, being prepared is better, I always remember what my Dad used to say, Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best...!

KG

What are the known oath dates in DFW area so far?

People who have already attended the interview and gotten their oath dates, can you please let us know what are the oath dates available in the DFW area in the next few months? So far the only date people have mentioned here is the oath ceremony in Plano on February 1. Did anyone get any other dates other than Feb 1? Please let us know.

My wife has her interview on Jan 26. Do you think the officer might give her the Feb 1 date for the oath or is it too little time?

Thanks in advance.

Received interview letters today

Hi,

We have recived interview letters today for myself and my wife.

Here is our time line

Wife
-----
Nov 6th. Mailed application
Nov 13th Checks are cashed
Nov 22nd Notice received ( Notice: PD Nov9th. Notice date Nov17 )
Nov 28th FP notice received.
Dec 5th FP Done
Jan 19th Interview letter date
Jan 25th Received interview letter - Interview scheduled March 29th

Self
------
Nov 27th Notice receivd. ( Notice: PD Nov 9th. Notice date Nov 20.)
Dec 5th FP Done
Jan 25th Received interview letter - Interview scheduled March 28th

In this case, we received IV letter with in two months from the date of FP

BTW, I have this question for all.

In both IV letter, under "must bring" document, it says about "Any evidence of Selective Service Registration". Is this becuase of a common letter format for all? Myself and my wife are not required to do Selective Service Registration, so we have not done so.

I highly appreciate if some one can give some light.

Thanks

hopefull06 said:
Hi,

We have recived interview letters today for myself and my wife.

Here is our time line

Wife
-----
Nov 22nd Notice received ( Notice: PD Nov9th. Notice date Nov17 )
Dec 5th FP Done
Jan 25th Received interview letter - Interview scheduled March 29th

Self
------
Nov 27th Notice receivd. ( Notice: PD Nov 9th. Notice date Nov 20.)
Dec 5th FP Done
Jan 25th Received interview letter - Interview scheduled March 28th

In this case, we received IV letter with in two months from the date of FP

BTW, I have this question for all.

In both IV letter, under "must bring" document, it says about "Any evidence of Selective Service Registration". Is this becuase of a common letter format for all? Myself and my wife are not required to do Selective Service Registration, so we have not done so.

I highly appreciate if some one can give some light.

Thanks
congratulations hopefull06, that was fast, you give us all hope.
SSS letter is required only for males, goto www.sss.gov and read if you ever qualified for it and then request a letter from SSS. It will take few weeks to get that letter.
goodluck!

Hi MissMolina,

Thanks for your comments.

I came in this country in Non-Immigrat visa and stayed in that status till my age 30. So I am never qualified for SSS.

Should I still get a status letter from sss.gov ? or can I go to Interview without any SSS related letter ?

Thanks

hopefull06 said:
Hi MissMolina,

Thanks for your comments.

I came in this country in Non-Immigrat visa and stayed in that status till my age 30. So I am never qualified for SSS.

Should I still get a status letter from sss.gov ? or can I go to Interview without any SSS related letter ?

Thanks
Its very ez to get a letter from SSS, just get it for your peace of mind. Takes 2 weeks to get it.

I completed my FP this morning, everything went well. So far so good, next is the wait for the interview letter!

One more question on driving record

Wow Hopefull06, that was fast!, my PD is oct 2 and still haven't recd IV...
Looks like FBI name check issue.

Anyway,
I have another question:
I am planning on taking a correction/amendment with me since I want to play it safe and will now put my citations in there and take a driving record from DMV to corroborate it.

So the question is, which of these reports did you order from DPS?:

Types of Driving Records
Texas offers six types of driving record reports, all of which you may order online or by mail (see below). Each record provides the following information:

* Type 1 (Status Record): Name, date of birth, license status, and latest address. Fee: $4 by mail, $4.50 online.

* Type 2 (3-year History Record): Name, date of birth, license status, and list of accidents and violations on record within the past three years only. Fee: $6 by mail, $6.50 online.

* Type 2A (Certified 3-year History Record): Certified version of Type 2. Note that despite its official-sounding name, this record is not acceptable for the purposes of the Defensive Driving Course (DDC). Fee: $10 by mail, $12 online.

* Type 3 (List of All Accidents and Violations in Record): Name, date of birth, license status, and list of all accidents and violations on record. Fee: $7 by mail, $7.50 online. Only the license holder may obtain this record.

* Type 3A (Certified List of All Accidents and Violations in Record): Certified version of Type 3. This record is acceptable for the Defensive Driving Course (DDC). Fee: $10 by mail, $12 online. Only the license holder may obtain this record.

* Certified Abstract of Driving Record: Certified text abstract of complete driving record of a license holder. Fee: $20 by mail, $22 online.

Thanks in advance,
KG

Mine:
Application Sent: Sep 28, 2006
Application Recd: Oct 2, 2006
Checks Cashed : Oct 3, 2006
Priority Date : Oct 2, 2006
Receipt Date: Oct 6, 2006
Receipt received: Oct 13, 2006
Fingerprint notice: Oct 11, 2006
Fingerprint completed: Oct 20, 2006

My wife's:
Application Sent: Sep 28, 2006
Application Recd: Oct 2, 2006
Checks Cashed : Oct 3, 2006
Priority Date : Oct 2, 2006
Receipt Date: Oct 6, 2006
Receipt received: Oct 13, 2006
Fingerprint notice: Oct 11, 2006
Fingerprint completed: Oct 21, 2006
Interview Notice: Dec 20, 2006
Interview Date: Feb 14, 2007

I bought one of the $12 certified ones (that listed all violations). Oddly, it missed my last one - I expect that the town that caught me in their speed trap never bothered to tell the state.

Nothing about moving violations came up at either my interview (last November) or my wife's last May (both at the Stemmon office of the USCIS).

Wow, the Dallas DO sure has sped up. Our time-lines moved *much* slower than yours. Our PD was mid-Sept 2005. Without any hiccups, we had our interviews scheduled for early May 2006 (though mine got "de-scheduled" - taking about 6 months and interventions by a congressman and a senator to get rescheduled).

Good luck to you all.

Iv

My wife's citizenship interview was today.
took 15min.
asked for GC only.
asked name of tx gov, term in senate, function of supreme court.
asked her to read and write two simple sentences.
few questions from application, like do you uphold constitution.
she passed.
oath letter to be sent in mail.
she asked about feb oath in plano but officer said too soon.
will keep you posted re oath letter.

My app is still in name check.
I called INS 800-375-5283 to ask. they said call back 180 days after PD which will be around march 1.

b