Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Multiple A #s

I do not think you will get a A# for F1,H1 etc, in that case , I was in F1, B1 and HI before getting the GC (ofcourse the EAD in between). I had only one A # which is same in EAD, GC

Hope this clarifies

Regards,
Suresh

SVR_999 said:
I do not think you will get a A# for F1,H1 etc, in that case , I was in F1, B1 and HI before getting the GC (ofcourse the EAD in between). I had only one A # which is same in EAD, GC

Hope this clarifies

Regards,
Suresh
you are mistaken svr_999, many of us have multiple A#'s. I myself have 2, one which is on my OPT EAD card and the 2nd one on my GC EAD card.
If you go back and read this thread, many have posted their experiences with multiple A#'s.
Hope that helps!

MissMolina said:
Congratulations s_a_kumar.
Can you post your timeline please? Also, did you have multiple A#'s from F1, H1 etc?

I did have 2 A# ,to think of it, one was for OPT and other is current GC A#. I was too nervous to look at the paper work they had on me at BCIS or inquire about the papers.

Our timeline

RD - July 20 2006
PD - July 20 2006
FP Notice Date - July 27 2006
FP Date 8/11/2006
IV letter rcd 11/29/06
IV Date 1/30/07
Oath Notice Date - ???
Oath Date - ???

Wife's

RD - July 19 2006
PD - July 19 2006
FP Notice Date - July 27 2006
FP Date 8/11/2006
IV letter rcd 11/29/06
IV Date - 1/26/07
Oath Notice Date - ???
Oath Date - ???

s_a_kumar

all who got n-400 interview letters

Hey guys kumar,molina, jaco and ins veterans like flydog and others first of all thank for the help and inspiraton.

i got my letter from INS last week. The letter said 1 -797 and it said "initial interview for naturalization" is this what you alls letter said? is there an initial and final interview??

Anyway my PD was may 30th.. my infoapss i n decembr said i was in fbi name check.. i thought my moslem name and religion screwed me big time..
i prayed to all gods..in whatever form and name we have in india and did so many offerings.. finally the letter came :)

Please post what it said on your letter..

congratulations on the IL theghost.
I think that is standard wording for an IL, no need to panic.
I have not received my IL yet, but if you read this forum carefully, someone like you had the same question.
goodluck, keep us posted on your progress.

Yeah, I think that way they can say "come back again, this was only the initial interview" if there are any outstanding issues after the interview.

From my experience and from what I've read here (and from what a Dallas immigration lawyer told me last fall), the interview process here is very easy (for straightforward applications) compared to other DOs. Typical Dallas interviews seem to last about 15 or 20 minutes. Apparently in some California DOs, 45-60 minutes is normal.

Mine went so fast, it seemed anti-climatic after the nearly 15 months it took to get there. But, don't worry, the oath ceremonies last way too long to compensate :)

Congrats and good luck

theghost
mine says initial interview too
it s on 3/27/07

does anybody know the oath dates for April and after ?

I totally agree with FlyDog here... With all my experience with INS/BCIS/USCIS what ever it is called, waiting for correspondence is the worst. Face time with IOs was always anti-climatic...We waited for over 2 years to get 485 approved, but stamping took about 2 mins when we finally went to the talk to IO. We went to INS at 5 am and got into office at around 7 am and spoke finally to an IO at 11 am for 2 mins. Same with Citizenship interview, it took just about 15 mins from the time I was called and out of the door. As I mentioned in my previous posts, My F1 interview was toughest..this was in 1993 in Madras (Chennai), if I remember right only 8 or so F1s were given out of about 350 or so applications. I had bunch of friends and I was the only one who got it...it made a very interesting train ride back home..it should be an episode on some sitcom by itself.

Flydog said:
Yeah, I think that way they can say "come back again, this was only the initial interview" if there are any outstanding issues after the interview.

From my experience and from what I've read here (and from what a Dallas immigration lawyer told me last fall), the interview process here is very easy (for straightforward applications) compared to other DOs. Typical Dallas interviews seem to last about 15 or 20 minutes. Apparently in some California DOs, 45-60 minutes is normal.

Mine went so fast, it seemed anti-climatic after the nearly 15 months it took to get there. But, don't worry, the oath ceremonies last way too long to compensate :)

Congrats and good luck

waiting for oath letter

My timeline as mentioned below.

PD 7/21/06
FP Done on 08/14/06
Interview letter received 11/30/06
Interview date 01/18/07.

Interview was a breeze, except I had to wait for an hour from my scheduled appointment time.

I was offered 02/01/07 Oath Date at the end of interview in Dallas/Tarrant county area. I told IO that I am scheduled to be overseas on that day and see if she can give me the next oath date.

She mentioned that oath letter will be sent in mail.

Now I am waiting for Oath letter. Any one with similar experiences, Upto how long it can take before I get one. I have few more international trips coming up.

Thanks in advance

Case Disappeared?

I have seen a lot of posts where the case has disappeared from the USCIS website. I have received my IL, but the status is still Application received....
Does the status mean anything at all?
:eek:

It happens. Consistency is not a USCIC "core competancy". Getting the IL is all you care about. Congrats

plano - oath ceremony

All,
posting from wife's id.
Finally got done with oath Feb 1st cermony in plano.
Lots of people around 750 applicants. with family members it was easily more than 1000 people. lines were very very long.
oath letter said 9 a.m., but the ceremony started only at 11 a.m. there were so many people.
everything was over at 12 noon.
please check the naturalization certificate for accuracy before you leave the bldg. this is the best time to correct it. mine was ok but there were others with problems.
timeline:
pd: 07/14/2006
fp:08/06/2006
iv:01/10/2007
oath:02/01/2007

sks

Interview over

Hi All,
I had my interview today. It was scheduled for 1:30 PM. I got there around 1:10 PM. The IO called me in around 1:25 PM. For some reason she thought I had applied earlier than 90 days before 5 years. But she quickly verified I was ok. She then asked me couple of questions on where I live, how many kids etc. She then asked me sign on the photographs and then asked me to verify my details for oath. I was pleasantly surprised :) since till this point, she hadnt even asked a single question.
After this, she asked me 10 questions and then asked me to read a sentence and write I live in Texas. After that she gave me the form N-652 which said you passed and have been recommended for approval. She said I should get an Oath letter soon.

So this is over for now. Still waiting on my wife's name check
:(

My details:

PD 09/20/06
FP 10/13/06
IL 12/15/06
ID 2/9/07
Oath ????

Any update on oath letters

Was Interviewed in Dallas DO on 1/18/07. Checking if anyone recd. any oath letters from around that time.

What are the oath dates in Mar/Apr 07.

thanks

If they don't schedule anything before April 10th. There is one scheduled at Arlington Convention Center for 4/10. When I had my interview, IO said they are planning a 2000 member oath ceremony in March. Hopefully there one before 4/10.

jfc092006 said:
Was Interviewed in Dallas DO on 1/18/07. Checking if anyone recd. any oath letters from around that time.

What are the oath dates in Mar/Apr 07.

thanks

I've received FP notice in mail today.
Reading some of this forum has left me with an impression that one can do a walk-in into an ASC for the FP prior to the schedule date. Is this true? Anybody with an experience doing that in the North-Dallas ASC (or elsewhere)? Do they ask for any reason? or proof? My wife should be on a business trip around the FP appointment date...
If we do it this Saturday is it crowded there from anyone's experience?

Thanks a lot.

Myself
01/27/07 - N-400 mailed for processing
01/30/07 - Delivered to the TSC (per USPS)
01/30/07 - Receipt date
01/30/07 - Priority date
02/02/07 - Check cashed
02/06/07 - Notice date
02/10/07 - Receipt notice received in mail (Receipt with Exception)
02/14/07 - FP notice received in mail (for 03/01/07 FP appointment)

Wife
01/27/07 - N-400 mailed for processing
01/30/07 - Delivered to the TSC (per USPS)
01/30/07 - Receipt date
01/30/07 - Priority date
02/02/07 - Check cashed
02/06/07 - Notice date
02/10/07 - Receipt notice received in mail (Normal Receipt)
02/14/07 - FP notice received in mail (for 03/01/07 FP appointment)