Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

My wife had her interview on Jan 26 and now got her oath letter in the mail. Her interview is scheduled for Mar 20. However, here is the problem. She is travelling to India on Mar 21, a day after the oath. She is presently an Indian citizen and carries an Indian passport. There is obviously no time to get a US passport and an Indian visa before she leaves for India.

1) Can she enter India with an Indian passport after finishing the oath ceremony?
2) When she re-enters the US, can she use her Indian Passport with Green Card or the Naturalization certificate at the port of entry to gain entry back into the US?
3) If either of the above can not be done, what options does she have? Postponing the travel is not an option. Is postponing the oath ceremony date her only option?

Any advice from the good folks on this forum is greatly appreciated.

You need to give your Green card to get the Naturalization Certificate at the Oath ceremony. So you cannot enter the US with the Naturalization certificate, further India will not let you leave India with Natualization cerificate. Also any transit airports in Europe will give you lots of trouble on the way back.

Have anyone else got thier oath letters, recently?. Please post any new information on March/April Oath ceremonies.

Fp Question

I realize that a lot of applicants in Dallas county do their FP from 2-3 weeks after their PD,am concerned not fretting though why i haven`t got mine yet my PR is 02/09/07. Is Dallas slowing down or what?

what is the maximum wait time for Notice before calling 800#?

My time line is as follows. Waiting for the notice. Do we need to wait for a month before calling USCIS to check application receipt?

One strange thing that I noticed is that when I checked the case status online at USCIS website using the number behind cancelled checks, the case was showing as received on Dec 15th and bla bla. But after 4-5 days later, I couldn't retrieve the case status using the same case number I entered earlier. Now it shows as case retrieval failed. Any idea?

02/08/07 N400 Mailed
02/10/07 N400 Delived at TSC (after failed first attempt by USPS on 02/09/07)
02/13/07 Check Cashed in
???? Waiting for Notice

My time line is as follows. Waiting for the notice. Do we need to wait for a month before calling USCIS to check application receipt?

One strange thing that I noticed is that when I checked the case status online at USCIS website using the number behind cancelled checks, the case was showing as received on Dec 15th and bla bla. But after 4-5 days later, I couldn't retrieve the case status using the same case number I entered earlier. Now it shows as case retrieval failed. Any idea?

02/08/07 N400 Mailed
02/13/07 Check Cashed in
???? Waiting for Notice

The case number written on the check is NOT your actual case number!! It doesn't make sense but that was the case for both my wife's and my application at TSC.

I just completed my Interview on the 23rd. Was a breeze. I was told my application was being recommended. I asked her about my Oath letter, and the response was to wait for it in the mail. Any ideas how long it takes to get the oath letter and any information on oath ceremonies in the DFW area.

Thanks for your help.
raine

I just completed my Interview on the 23rd. Was a breeze. I was told my application was being recommended. I asked her about my Oath letter, and the response was to wait for it in the mail. Any ideas how long it takes to get the oath letter and any information on oath ceremonies in the DFW area.

Thanks for your help.
raine

Please, post your time line.

My timeline:

08/05/06 - N-400 mailed for processing
08/15/06 - Receipt date
08/15/06 - Priority date
08/20/06 - Receipt notice received in mail (Receipt with Exception)
08/30/06 - FP notice received in mail
09/10/06 - FP done
12/22/06 - IV Received
02/23/07 - IV Scheduled & Passed
waiting for Oath letter ?

My timeline:

08/05/06 - N-400 mailed for processing
08/15/06 - Receipt date
08/15/06 - Priority date
08/20/06 - Receipt notice received in mail (Receipt with Exception)
08/30/06 - FP notice received in mail
09/10/06 - FP done
12/22/06 - IV Received
02/23/07 - IV Scheduled & Passed
waiting for Oath letter ?

From what I saw on this thread the time between IV and oath varies from 14 days to about a month and more depends on various courts/convention centers schedules in the area.

You mentioned that your receipt had exception. Could you please, tell if anything was asked during interview about that? Did you have traffic violations listed in N-400? Or was your age in the area of eligibility for Selective Service registration when you came to US? Thanks a lot.

Milk

02/08/07 N400 Mailed
02/13/07 Check Cashed in
???? Waiting for Notice

That is what am talkin about,you should have received your NOA by now.I suggest you stay put for now since your chk was cashed.Dallas has slowed down maybe.

Received Notice today

ok, I got the receipt notice today in the mail. Notice date was on 2/21 but came in the mail a week after it was generated.

I can see the number on the NOA (all the way at the bottom) which was printed on the back of cancelled checks which I believe nothing but the receipt number for the checks (it was like SSC$0011xxxxx). The actual receipt number is another one generated. So the case number on the back of cancelled checks (as someone pointed out in the earlier post) is not your case number but the receipt number for the cancelled checks which also looks like the actual receipt number (13 digit) but SSC$ instead of the actual SSC* case number. Just my 2 cents.

2/8/07 N-400 Mailed
2/10/07 N-400 Received at TSC (after failed first attempt by USPS on 2/9)
2/12/07 Priority and Receipt Date
2/13/07 Checks Cashed in
2/21/07 Notice Date
2/28/07 Notice Received in the mail

Milk,

My timeline as almost same as yours but its for VSC. Looking at everything, you should be receiving your FP Notice soon as well.

Good luck

That is what am talkin about,you should have received your NOA by now.I suggest you stay put for now since your chk was cashed.Dallas has slowed down maybe.

Well, If I am not wrong, I guess there is going to be a flood of N400 applications to be filed in the next few months. If you guys can recollect the days back in 2001 when the priority dates for all the categories became current all of a sudden and there was a huge number of people applied for 485. Well, all of them ( I applied for 485 three months before the dates became current so avoided the huge delays for 485 approval that followed) will be eligible for citizenship in the next few months.So an educated guess would be a little slow down in few months...or I just might be making a wild guess.

Fp Notice Arrived In Mail

02/07/07 mailed N-400 application
02/09/07 Express mail dlvrd to TSC after first attempt failed on 02/08(USPS) 02/09/07 Receipt date
02/09/07 priority date 02/23/07 received NOA showing fee rcvd $400.00 money order.
02/28/07 FP notice scheduled for 03/15/07

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, If I am not wrong, I guess there is going to be a flood of N400 applications to be filed in the next few months. If you guys can recollect the days back in 2001 when the priority dates for all the categories became current all of a sudden and there was a huge number of people applied for 485. Well, all of them ( I applied for 485 three months before the dates became current so avoided the huge delays for 485 approval that followed) will be eligible for citizenship in the next few months.So an educated guess would be a little slow down in few months...or I just might be making a wild guess.

I agree with you on that Milk, and to add further, the impending N400 Fee with add further strain to USCIS resources. I was not planning on filing for N400 untill I heard about the proposal to increase the fee. Couple of my friends (who have filed from different DO) applied in the same fashion. USCIS is going to be busy for sure....:(

Done with interview

I just got done with my interview. No issues. Asked about the Oath ceremony, officer said they are planning a big ceremony in the first week of April in Garland, TX. When I asked about the name check, she said they are calling for interview only after clearing the name check.

My timelines...

PD: July 28th 2006
ND: Aug 3rd 2006
FP: Aug 23rd 2006
IL received: Nov 30th 2006
IV: Jan 17th 2007 (rescheduled due to bad weather)
Second IV received: Jan 27th 2007
IV on: March 1st 2007
Oath: ?????

Milk,

My timeline as almost same as yours but its for VSC. Looking at everything, you should be receiving your FP Notice soon as well.

Good luck

yup, you got that right. I received the FP notice in the mail today (a day after I received the Receipt Notice)

FP date is 3 weeks away but am planning to go to FP this Saturday and get it done.

02/08/07 N-400 Mailed
02/12/07 Receipt and Priority Date
02/13/07 Checks Cashed
02/28/07 Receipt Received in the mail
03/01/07 FP Notice received in the mail
03/20/07 FP Date

yup, you got that right. I received the FP notice in the mail today (a day after I received the Receipt Notice)

FP date is 3 weeks away but am planning to go to FP this Saturday and get it done.

02/08/07 N-400 Mailed
02/12/07 Receipt and Priority Date
02/13/07 Checks Cashed
02/28/07 Receipt Received in the mail
03/01/07 FP Notice received in the mail
03/20/07 FP Date
I went to do FP on Northwest HWY but was told to go back on the date showing on the notice.were you able to go their on saturday as you said you will?