Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

We did our FPs at the ASC on Northwest highway near Marsh/Lemmon and the back of Love Field.

Our FP notices said something like "if you can't make the appointment, send this notice back with a reason and a better time". My daughter couldn't make her (GC renewal) appointment because of a conflict with her year-end exams (her GC ran out midway through our Natz processing). We followed the instructions. About a week or two later, we got a new appointment that respected our "these are the best times" list.

Of course, we copied the notice and send it certified with return receipt. But, we were very happy with the outcome.

All of our FP appointments ended up on Saturdays (both Natz and GC renewal). We each waited about 1 to 1.5 hours after the appointment's time (nothing in USCIS land).

Anybody else has an opinion/experience? Especially about early walk-in for FP? Thank you. (See my question two posts above).

My wife had her FP before days before mine..so we both went in on the day she had her FP during lunch and requested the lady at counter to allow me also. She initially said, if the technicians are not too busy, she would let me in...in about 5 mins, she allowed me to get my fps done too. But the thing was, I had a cut on my fingers and tech asked me to come in after it healed... so went in after about 10 days later and was allowed to get my fps done right away. This was in Fort Worth at La Grange Plaza. There were hardly anybody there during a week day lunch times at both times.

Way back during my GC fps, we got those done at North Dallas location, it was way too busy, but we tried to get in first thing in the morning, though.

So my guess is you can try if it is not too much of an effort to drive to the FP center.

s_a_kumar
my timeline is posted on previous my previous posts.

asitel said:
Anybody else has an opinion/experience? Especially about early walk-in for FP? Thank you. (See my question two posts above).

any one got N-600 approved for Kids

Did anyone got N-600 approved recently. I think some of the members have earlier said that they are waiting.

I applied for my kids and it is 1 month now.

Thanks for the posts

Did anyone got N-600 approved recently. I think some of the members have earlier said that they are waiting.

I applied for my kids and it is 1 month now.

Thanks for the posts
<supressing_laughter>1 month!</supressing_laughter>

I submitted an N-600 for my daughter in June and haven't heard back from them yet.

The "Processing Times" site (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=24) shows that they were processing October applications in mid January. However, I think that that's a typo - a month earlier it said they were processing June application in Mid December.

So, remember, it's the USCIS - get ready for a long wait.

Also remember that a passport (which is easily obtainable) is as good a proof of citizenship as an N-600. It's just not as durable (passports expire).

In my case, I'm hoping that my daughter's 18th birthday (in less than a month) doesn't screw things up. I'm also *really* hoping that this all gets settled out before she heads off to University in the late summer.

Thanks flydog for the reply. I am following you and let us hope that when they put the new processing times next week, they update it right. I am not sure how we are going to follow up if it really moves forward as we don't have any reference numbers.

Wife's interview went well...!

Guys,
My wife's interview went well.
The IO, upon seeing the huge binder (of docs) that I had my wife carry with her to the interview, joked 'oh my god, is that all for me?, you sure are well prepared', to which my wife said 'better to be safe and carry everything'
And then he just asked her for GC, passport, license and interview letter.
My wife then gave her the fresh N-400 page containing the list of violations. He just looked at it and said, 'nah, you are a nice person, i dont need that...' !!
He then verified the entry/exit dates on the passport, then asked to take the oath and then asked her the 6 questions, read a sentence, write a sentence and that was it.
He joked with her when he asked her:
'would you be willing to take up arms for america?'
my wife said 'yes',
he said 'are you sure?',
my wife said 'yes, i am',
he said 'thats a good answer'
He then congratulated her and said there weren't any dates available for oath, so she will have to wait for the oath letter in the mail....

So that was that.!
Hopefully mine is soon so we can both hope to be on the same oath ceremony in march/april....

KG

Mine:
Application Sent: Sep 28, 2006
Application Recd: Oct 2, 2006
Priority Date : Oct 2, 2006
Checks Cashed : Oct 3, 2006
Receipt Date: Oct 6, 2006
Receipt received: Oct 13, 2006
Fingerprint notice: Oct 11, 2006
Fingerprint completed: Oct 20, 2006

My wife's:
Application Sent: Sep 28, 2006
Application Recd: Oct 2, 2006
Priority Date : Oct 2, 2006
Checks Cashed : Oct 3, 2006
Receipt Date: Oct 6, 2006
Receipt received: Oct 13, 2006
Fingerprint notice: Oct 11, 2006
Fingerprint completed: Oct 21, 2006
Interview Notice: Dec 20, 2006
Interview Date: Feb 14, 2007
Oath Letter: ??

Another update...!

One more update, i just checked my status, my case has finally dissapeared on the online system.
I know that does not necessarily mean.....
But i just checked the status on 2/15 or 2/16 i think, and it was still there, so i am almost positive that means my interview letter should be coming soon...

Interview Notice: Case dissapeared sometime between 2/15-2/20, so hopefully soon...!
KG

Interview

I had my interview last week and it was over in less than 10 minutes. They gave N-652 that says "Congratulations your application have been recommended for approval"....If final approval is granted, you will be notified....

So this means that passing the interview does not mean you are approved. Is someone else is looking at the Interview results, security clearance and all that and approve? That fact that lot of people who had interviews in Jan have not received Oath letters mean that security clearance is not done at the time of Interview and it takes time for them to approve. I think Oath dates are already set Mar-23 and Apr-4 for Dallas county so I think lack of Oath dates is not the reason for delay in not receiving Oath letters. There is something else going on.....

PD=Oct-14-06
FP=Nov-8-06
IL=Dec-15-06
IV= Feb-14-07
Oath=??

My wife just passed her interview today in the morning.
The whole thing took about 15 minutes.

The IO told her that the Oath will most likely be in Garland and will be in April or May. When my wife tried to get more information as she is travelling in May. The IM told her that so far it looks like the Oath will be on April, 4th but this is a tentative date and that she should get the Oath letter in the mail with the exact date.

My wife tried to check on my case as I am still stuck in Name Check but the IO told her that I should wait for 6 months before I even start to worry. The IO didn't even look at my case.

Good Luck everyone.

IV scheduled

My IV letter arrived yesterday.

My dates are:
RD 12/1/06
FP 12/27/06
IV Received 2/22/07
IV Scheduled 4/25/07

Does anyone know if there is any more security check after passing the interview?

Myself
01/27/07 - N-400 mailed for processing
01/30/07 - Delivered to the TSC (per USPS)
01/30/07 - Receipt date
01/30/07 - Priority date
02/02/07 - Check cashed
02/06/07 - Notice date
02/10/07 - Receipt notice received in mail (Receipt with Exception)
02/14/07 - FP notice received in mail (for 03/01/07 FP appointment)
02/24/07 - Did a walk-in FP (in Dallas-North ASC)

Wife
01/27/07 - N-400 mailed for processing
01/30/07 - Delivered to the TSC (per USPS)
01/30/07 - Receipt date
01/30/07 - Priority date
02/02/07 - Check cashed
02/06/07 - Notice date
02/10/07 - Receipt notice received in mail (Normal Receipt)
02/14/07 - FP notice received in mail (for 03/01/07 FP appointment)
02/24/07 - Did a walk-in FP (in Dallas-North ASC)

N-400 TSC Dallas

I have just started the beginning of my final phase of my citizenship.
02/07/07 mailed N-400 application
02/09/07 Express mail dlvrd to TSC after first attempt failed on 02/08(USPS) 02/09/07 Receipt date
02/09/07 priority date 02/23/07 received notice of action showing fee rcvd $400.00 money order. FP??? Interview??? Oath???

Asitel

Question,is walking FP acceptable once you get the FP notice,meaning that you can go for FP before the date showing on the FP notice is that correct?

Our FP notices (for the ASC just north of Love Field on Northwest Highway) gave us a time and date. It also said something like "if you can't make it, send this document back with a reason and a better time/date". My wife and I showed up at the correct time/date and all went well. My daughter (GC renewal appointment) sent hers back with a reason and some proposed time/dates. The sent it back to us the next week (picking one of our dates). All went well.

What does your FP notice say? Why don't you follow what it says?

Question,is walking FP acceptable once you get the FP notice,meaning that you can go for FP before the date showing on the FP notice is that correct?

Yes, from our experience in Dallas-North ASC it is acceptable. Me and my wife did it this Saturday morning even though our FP appointment was for later date. According to the entry guard they process/allow walk-ins on Saturday mornings and Wednesday mornings. When I tried earlier - on Tuesday around lunch time - the waiting room was packed and the guard said they could not due to the large crowd but suggested as I mentioned above. Today they even did not look at the appointment date (at least so it seemed).

Can we leave USA without US passport after oath ceremony

My wife had her interview on Jan 26 and now got her oath letter in the mail. Her interview is scheduled for Mar 20. However, here is the problem. She is travelling to India on Mar 21, a day after the oath. She is presently an Indian citizen and carries an Indian passport. There is obviously no time to get a US passport and an Indian visa before she leaves for India.

1) Can she enter India with an Indian passport after finishing the oath ceremony?
2) When she re-enters the US, can she use her Indian Passport with Green Card or the Naturalization certificate at the port of entry to gain entry back into the US?
3) If either of the above can not be done, what options does she have? Postponing the travel is not an option. Is postponing the oath ceremony date her only option?

Any advice from the good folks on this forum is greatly appreciated.